Register To Comment
    Player in Training

Status
    racking my brains trying to think of a way to use our current players.just a suggestion but we do have 2 really good attacking full backs,hutton and bale,modric to play off the front men(to give him a chance in his natural position)possibly like this:

------------------------------gomes----------------------------------

------------corluka----------woodgate---------?---------------------

hutton-------------------------------------------------------bale----------

--------------------zakora----------------o,hara--------------------------

-------------------------------modric---------------------------------------
    ---------------------?----------------------?---------------------------------
    just a suggestion,can be tinkered with personel but might shore us up at back

Banned !

Status
    5-3-2 we have not played and i guess at this stage anything can help us.

personally i dont want to see modric in a spurs shirt again, the guy is just pathetic. all this talk of him not being played properly doesnt wash with me.. because when he has had the ball he loses it all the time and he bottles all tackles.. and thats nothing to do with being played in wrong position

sorry not wanting to be unfair to the guy but i really think he is the worst player i ever seen for spurs consedering he cost 15 million. his shots are awful aswell, never on target

Banned !

Status
    basically in other words i think he is a - PANZY

Player in Training

Status
    BENTLY CM we need a roy keane figure in the center of the park some who will get in there and mix it up and be a leader ?

VIP Member

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by EVIL CLOWN SPURS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    .....i really think he is the worst player i ever seen for spurs consedering he cost 15 million. his shots are awful aswell, never on target
    For the price, Bentley is worse. He can't use the "never played in the Premier League" excuse either!

I don't think Modric is the worst player ever in a Spurs shirt. I also don't think there is any chance of seeing the best of him until the second half of the season. That would be under normal circumstances, i.e. a team that is, at least, comfortable in mid-table. The rate we're going, there is no chance of ever seeing the best of Modric.

That aside, as far as 5-3-2 goes, I think it belongs in the Formations section!

6. These users say thanks for this post

Hamenaglar (21-10-2008),Tottenham_Modric_14 (21-10-2008)

First Team Player

Status
    We wont be seeing that formation in the near future, with the injury to Corluka and the two red cards to two defenders plus King cant play league games apparently, that leaves us with Hutton and Woodgate.

Player in Training

Status
    ramos is not picking the right team or formation bring in big sam he will sort us out and get rid of hangers on we need players with big b*lls !!!!!!!!!!!!!

First Team Player

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by funster View Post
    For the price, Bentley is worse. He can't use the "never played in the Premier League" excuse either!

I don't think Modric is the worst player ever in a Spurs shirt. I also don't think there is any chance of seeing the best of him until the second half of the season. That would be under normal circumstances, i.e. a team that is, at least, comfortable in mid-table. The rate we're going, there is no chance of ever seeing the best of Modric.

I think this one of the best posts I have read on this forum. i agree with you 100% about Bentley and Modric.

10. Who Thanked this post

Hamenaglar (21-10-2008)

Player in Training

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by funster View Post

Great Post
    From what i saw of Modric in the Stoke match i thought he has improved since i first saw him
    I think he added a certain amount of spark to the game
    Which we have lacked
    I think the 5-3-2 would accommodate his best position and i would be all for us trying this formation

First Team Player

Status
    5-3-2, 3-5-2. There is a reason no one plays these kind of formations any more on a high level. They are out dated and make you exposed on the flanks. Personally I think the reason 4-5-1 hasn't been effective is because Jenas, Zokora and Modric are choking each other. And ramos is an idiot for not sorting it by now. Either Jenas or Modric need to be dropped in order for some stability. I'd go with 4-4-2 (or 4-4-1-1), narrow and counter-attacking.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter