Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Legend !

Status
    I just read that Ramos is going to have to rest King for this game which we probably expected and possibly Woodgate. With this in mind what do you think the lineup should be?

---------------------------Gomes---------------------------

Gunter-----------Corluka---------Dawson------------Bale

Bentley------------Zakora------Modric----------------Gds

----------------Pavlychenko----Cambell------------------

As far as the defense goes with Woodgate and King resting and Hutton still unfit i think this is as good as it can get.

I left Lennon out of the midfield because he has played alot recently and although he is looking sharp i think he deserves a bit of a rest. Also gives GDS and Bentley a chance to proove themselves. Which i don't think they have had recently.

Jenas failed to make an impact yesterday so he would not get a place in my starting lineup. I would play zakora in midfield. He is a good tackler and gets back well. Also he is pretty good at going forward. [just dont let him shoot]

Modric needs to play in a more forward role behind the strikers. Thats his natural position and where he plays best. Against chelsea when he played in that position he was super dangerous.

Cambell has prooved himself also and deserves a starting place with Pava upfront.

If we play well like we did against chelsea we can destroy this team and really boost our confidence.

COYS!!!!!

Player in Training

Status
    if that is true about the king/woody situation, don't think theres anything else we can do about the back 4, but for the rest, i think give bent/campbell another chance, seemed to pair up well on thurs but poss bring pava on depending on their fitness throughout the game.
    As far as the midfield, agree with you about lennon playing alot, but i think we need to attack this game and think he should start. Poss bring big tommy hud in instead of zakora, not really had a chance under ramos yet and think he can offer more of a defencive support to the back 4 than zakora and allow modric to support the front 2.
    Gomes

gunter corluka dawson bale

lennon huddlestone modric gio

campbell bent

Legend !

Status
    nickGT if you can give a speech in the dressing room ans set up the cones on a monday morning, id have you for manager.

agree with you 100%

Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo

Status
    Without Woody we are up sh!t creak.

Daws is a complete tool and I find it staggering that him making 1 decent tackle against Wisla warrented him having a thread about it.

Charlie hasnt proved the revelation our croation friends prommised, but I'm sure he will come good and hopefully prove to be the long term successor to Ledders who unfortunately is due for the knackers yard.

Agreed that JJ is a pasenger and has been all season. If Sunderland want him they can have the plank.

Now playing Zakora and Modric in the centre would on paper, be a great idea.

However, Zakora has a tendancy to run about the field like a headless chicken and lacks the discepline to play that holding roll to the best of his ability.

Modric hasnt had a good game for us this season and he (no matter what our croation friends say) is too lightweight for the EPL at the moment. He will come good though and this behind the front 2 role will be him at his creative best, as long as we saty in the Prem for another season or so or he will be on his toes (along with a great deal many others).

If Modric is gonna play the floating/in the hole role (cant believe this for a seccond) we will be in a whole world of trouble. Our winger are not disceplined enough to get back in and help out Zakora in the dirty defensive work. They both have a tendancy to fail to track back whilst in a 5 man midfield so as a 3 they would have to do it every time without fail.

2 up top is the way it needs to be but I think Campbell should be the definate starter as he seems like he can dreate whilst the other 2 as Gus says are almost the same player. If not him then GDS should get the nod to work off one of the bigger men.

As Forrest Gump once said........

That about all I have to say about that!!!

First Team Player

Status
    Completely agree with P UNIT 1980. Choluka has got to step up just a bit and act like he wants to take King's role to partner Woody, I really like the guy out there. Campbell def deserves the spot next two Pav, must be two up front also.

Wise P UNIT, what's your suggestion for the midfield lineup? Do you think Bently should start? And Lennon or GDS? nickGT is right, Lennon's been working like a dog lately, may not be a bad idea to rest him (at least for the first half) and start GDS.? As P UNIT stated, Zokora=Headless Chicken, couldn't agree more. He's great until he starts cruising around recklessly, but Jenas there instead??? He's been a limp wiener out there so far this season, unfortunately.
    Bentley-Hud-Modric-GDS? That would again bring up the problem of consistency, and in that case, maybe Zokora should stay in the lineup.
    This match is going to be a fun one to watch, I can feel it. Let's see some goals from the good guys!
    COYS!

Legend !

Status
    well I read an article saying Ledley was determined to play vs. Hull but I'm not sure if he can really and I would have to go for Nick GT's line up with a 4-4-2 diamond Zokora is the best we have at DM but if LEdley or Woody could play on Sunday why not Gunter at RB and Corluka at DM? and I'd don't believe this crap about Bent and Pavylucheco not being able to play together if not then they need to work it out

First Team Player

Status
    if we want to win
    we need our best defence
    hull are no easy beats
    gunter just dives in like a nut
    dawson is only good in the air
    and corluka is way way too slow
    i wouldnt even play him at defensive midfield
    i think that zokora is a very good player for tottenham
    atleast he gets in there and wins the ball
    lennon may be running like a dog but you need him on the pitch
    ---GOMES---
    -----BALE-----HUDDLESTONE-----WOODGATE-----CORLUKA
    -----BENTLEY-----MODRIC--------ZOKORA----------LENNNON
    -------------PAVYLUCHENKO-----DOS SANTOS-----

First Team Player

Status
    ---------------------------Gomes---------------------------

---------Corluka---------Woody------------Bale----------

Bentley------------Zakora------O`Hara------------Lennon
    ----------------------------Modric---------------------------
    ----------------Pavlychenko----Campbell------------------

Thats my starting eleven & i have been brave or foolish by going for a 3-5-2 formation ..modric behind front two unlocking the hull defense hopefully .I would usually go for 4-4-2 but coz its against hull on our ground i would go for pace & attack right from go .

Status
    ..........................Gomes................... ....

Guntner.....Corluka........Woodgate.....Bale

Bentley.....ohara.............Modric.......GDS

...........Campbell.........Pavlychenko.........

If Woodgate isnt fit then replace with Dawson.

Player in Training

Status
    ......................................gomes
    corluka..............woodgate........dawson....... ....bale
    bentley.............zokora..............jenas..... ......modric
    ...................pavlychenko......campbell......

or 4-3-3

......................gomes
    corluka..........dawson.......woodgate........bale
    ..........................zokora
    ...................jenas....modric................ .
    lennon...........pavlychenko........campbell...... .

i think the problem is that modric can't seem to play in a 442...but the rest of the players can't seem to fit into a 443..........i thik we should maybe look at the second option...

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by belondon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    nickGT if you can give a speech in the dressing room ans set up the cones on a monday morning, id have you for manager.

agree with you 100%
    Haha thanks mate. Give Levy a call and hook me up!

Quote Originally Posted by puffin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

i think the problem is that modric can't seem to play in a 442...but the rest of the players can't seem to fit into a 443
    Hmmm he plays in the 4-4-2 formation with Croatia and did for Dynamo so i don't see how you got that idea. I think its just that he isn't familiar with his team mates and they aren't familiar with him.

If we want to get the best out of him that is where he needs to play.

Player in Training

Status
    For Me :

shady!

Status
    is everyone on this forum totally anti bent? (not in the obvious way) why does every formation have to involve pav and campbell? is it cause pav is a new arrival? bent is our top goal scorer and we drop him to the bench just cause we signed pav! pav looks clueless! hes scored one goal which was put on a plate for him by a rare good cross by lennon! play bent and cambell up front show a bit o pace and try for once and put a team on the back foot! as for anyone who included hudd in there line up....where have u been for the last couple o years! the guy is a waste of space and if everton really r willing to pay 6 mill for him then snap there arm off for it!!!!!

First Team Player

Status

Legend !

Status
    bentley on left? o hara in defense?
    that is tottaly wrong, bentley NEEDSto play on right

so i say
    gomes
    gunther---woody (dawson)------corluka-------bale
    bentley----------------modric------------------gio
    --------------------------lennon
    ----------------pav
    --------------------------------------bent

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter