Register To Comment
    Player in Training

Status
    I dont think it was that bad against Wigan, Corluka looked good next to woodgate in kings absence. Lennon was very bright when he came on but should start evry game. we kept a clean sheet, and didnt really look like conceding. Its that last third. maybe a
    4-3-3 is in order. Bently clearly is not a great winger, i think he has to start in the centre.
    Gomes,

Zokora, Corluka, Woodgate, Bale

Lennon, Jenas, Bentley

Gio

Bent, Roman

Status
    I dont think that team would work mate, zakora isnt a right back and is always caught out playing there. Without a winger in front of him he would always play in there half and not track back enough.
    We need a ball winner in midfield and I think Corluka could be it.
    Bentley isnt any good on the left and thats where he would end up in that formation.

I would play this:

-----------------------Gomes----------------------

Guntner-----King----------Woodgate-------Bale

Bentley------Corluka----Modric----------GDS

-------------Bent-----Roman------------------

I think this looks like a well balanced side and the best we have at present IMO

Player in Training

Status
    i know what your saying, but niether is aaron lennon but ramos has had them both playing out there at some stage this season. Bentley cant get past people, in that respect he really is th next david beckham.
    Zakora has too play, without him or lennon we have no pace, and i hate to say this but our defence cannot rely on King, Corluka and woodgate could be solid. Gunter is ok and young but we do miss Hutton.

Legend !

Status
    Lennon is more of an impact player though, you bring him on when they other team aren't at full fitness or they are fatigued and he will use his pace amazingly. From the start he will still be good, but not have that much of a chance of using his skill to run past players like he does.

First Team Player

Status
    The only positive from the wigan match was we kept a clean sheet .

First Team Player

Status
    Sad but true...

First Team Player

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by berby999 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dont think that team would work mate, zakora isnt a right back and is always caught out playing there. Without a winger in front of him he would always play in there half and not track back enough.
    We need a ball winner in midfield and I think Corluka could be it.
    Bentley isnt any good on the left and thats where he would end up in that formation.

I would play this:

-----------------------Gomes----------------------

Guntner-----King----------Woodgate-------Bale

Bentley------Corluka----Modric----------GDS

-------------Bent-----Roman------------------

I think this looks like a well balanced side and the best we have at present IMO
    What happens if King goes out injured again for a long stretch? Do we trust Dawson again next to Woodgate, Chorluka at Left back and then move Bale to midfield like he was against Wigan?

Bale looked good there, seemed to pick up the slack for Bently.

I guess, in proposing this situation, all I was getting at was to see what everyone's reactions were to seeing Bale in the midfield. There had been talk on here about him playing there, and now that we've seen it, what do you all think?

Status
    Ekkoto was left back that game mate, not corluka. Bale is a great left midfielder but he is our best left back by a mile there so thats where he should play for the benefit of the team. We would also have to leave out GDS who is a very good left sided player.

If king got injured then corluka would have to play center back but while he is fit I would play that team

First Team Player

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by berby999 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ekkoto was left back that game mate, not corluka. Bale is a great left midfielder but he is our best left back by a mile there so thats where he should play for the benefit of the team. We would also have to leave out GDS who is a very good left sided player.

If king got injured then corluka would have to play center back but while he is fit I would play that team
    True, that does seem to make the most sense. Alright, it's settled, now lets go win a match!!!!

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter