Register To Comment
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Legend !

Status
    So it looks as if the signings are complete and of there are any more can't see them gettign a starting place saturday so how do you think Juande will play it?

I think the starting 11 will be:

Gomes

Zokora, Dawson, Woodgate, Ekotto

Bentley, Jenas, Modric, Bale

Bent, Berbatov

A strong starting 11 for an away game with the option of changes in formation. I know a lot of you will be up in arms that I can't see a starting place for Gio but I think he wil see more home starts than away this season and I'm sure we will see him in the second half, whatever the score. As for Ekotto?, I have a good feeling about him this season, I think he has been a big positive for us pre season.

Your opinions?

Legend !

Status
    i think this is a reasonably informed choice, the important note is that we need versatility to adapt to the game whilst also continuing as we left off in preseason with confidence and aggression. the only change i would make is one that you had already cited, namely whip Bale into LB and have Gio on the left wing interchanging with bentley to work out where they're most comfortable. as i feel to not play him in our first match might be a bit detrimental to morale of the fans (as he's pretty much a talisman for this season) and i see him as a more effective creator of chances than bale on the wing.

Legend !

Status
    That was the tricky decision but just felt that Ramos may feel having bale left midfield may make us a bit stronger as a defensive unit. I will be happy either way.

Banned !

Status
    Is Modric not meant to be out of something? Sorry if he's fit, not keeping up to date with the situation. And why play Berbatov, all he'll do is sulk and stand on the sidelines like an arrogant tosser.

First Team Player

Status
    Why i don"t see Corluka in your first team ???:dontknow:

Banned !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Croatian14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why i don"t see Corluka in your first team ???:dontknow:
    Because he will be signed for back-up if he's signed at all I think may be the reasoning behind it...

Player in Training

Status
    Gomes
    Zokora Dawson Woodgate BAE
    Bentley Modric Jenas Bale
    GDS Bent

OR IF LUCKY

Gomes
    Zokora Corluka Woodgate Bale
    Bentley Modric Jenas GDS
    Arshavin Bent

First Team Player

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Torres|Liverpool View Post
    Because he will be signed for back-up if he's signed at all I think may be the reasoning behind it...
    :withstupid:
    back-up???
    You make me laugh..One of bests Man City players last season and best defender in Croatian rep. and you think he want to come in Tottenham to sit on bench...
    If he comes he will play I"m 100% sure

Banned !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Croatian14 View Post
    :withstupid:
    back-up???
    You make me laugh..One of bests Man City players last season and best defender in Croatian rep. and you think he want to come in Tottenham to sit on bench...
    If he comes he will play I"m 100% sure
    Hutton gets the nod ahead of him at RB while King and Woodgate and first choice CB pairing... :dontknow:

First Team Player

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Torres|Liverpool View Post
    Hutton gets the nod ahead of him at RB while King and Woodgate and first choice CB pairing... :dontknow:
    He can play at RB,CB,DM I am sure that Ramos will think something, i was watching him last 3 years and I am sure that he is one of best defenders in League, Hutton will stay at his position but i am not sure about Woodgate, injuries messed him up.......:bath:

Legend !

Status
    But Corluka isn't coming is he?

12. Who Thanked this post

Torres|Liverpool (12-08-2008)

i love mister ed and can not lie lol

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by llanellispur View Post
    So it looks as if the signings are complete and of there are any more can't see them gettign a starting place saturday so how do you think Juande will play it?

I think the starting 11 will be:

Gomes

Zokora, Dawson, Woodgate, Ekotto

Bentley, Jenas, Modric, Bale

Bent, Berbatov

Your opinions?
    Gomes

Hutton, King, Woodgate, Bale
    Zokora/Hudd
    Bentley, Jenas, Modric, Dos Santos

Bent/Berbatov ( 4-5-1 )

Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo

Status
    Croat.

If King and Woodgate are fit he wont get in the tgeam straigh off before either of them.

He wont push Hutton out of his position either

He will have to be very good whe he gets the chance to force his way into any defencive position. He probably is good enough.

Dont get me wrong this guy would be a great signing and I think in the long run he would succeed King at centre back, where as Woody will be around for a few seasons yet.

As a DM he may get a few opourtunities in the games where our defence needs that little bit more protection.

Things are progressing with the Corluka deal and I have no idea if we will get him or not.

I hope we will.

Player in Training

Status
    Boro good player tuncay Şanli! Turkey tuncay attention!!

Legend !

Status
    I hate to say it but it is highly unlikely that both King and Woodgate will be fit for the whole season so I think Corluka would get many games at the CB spot and as mentioned above DM or wherever our defense needs help

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter