Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Player in Training

Status
    Harry made the comment last night that: "We had no one who could play wide right to give us the balance we needed,".

But why not play Kyle Walker as right wing with Kaboul at right back?

Younis is arguably a better defender than Kyle. He is strong, quick and has great positional sense. Whenever he has played right back he has excelled. Kyle is a Balesque attacking flanker who could emulate the master giving us amazing skill and pace on both wings.

If we can get Defoe back fit to play alongside Ade then the lack of VDV and Lennon will not be so bad.

What does everyone think? Should we let Harry know?

Legend !

Status
    I don't think his final ball is good enough, he is brilliant in defense for us because he has raw pace... however I think the reasoning behind this is to do another 'Bale' move a player from full back to wing...

yeah it worked with Bale, but thats because bale (to me) is a natural winger but was probably put at LB just because he's left footed... he's not the best defensively.

I think having Lennon and Walker (when both fit obviously) is the best answer to our right side, lennon needs that little bit more on his final ball but he's getting better...

basically - if it isn't broken don't fix it

3. Who Thanked this post

Dustin (25-12-2011)

I'm ***y and I know it

Status
    I do think that's not a bad call whilst Lennon is injured but that also depends on the fitness of Ledley.

Legend !

Status
    yes please....

Legend !

Status
    I'd rather Corluka behind Walker tbh. King doesn't look to be fit for Norwich so Kaboul should be at CB.

7. Who Thanked this post

Dustin (25-12-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Fair result - Harry - News Articles - Tottenhamhotspur.com

Arry says Kaboul did a hamstring , anybody confirm this ?

Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo

Status
    Been saying this for a while.

However he'd need to learn how to play there first.

No skills, well not enough to beat most fullbacks.

But that pace.

First Team Player

Status
    He is not skilled enough to beat the fullbacks indeed. Fair play to him, he faced a good defender most of the time yesterday but his lack of creativity prevented him to attempt to pass Cole. Also, it looks like he feels a lot more comfortable when he has a longer sprint area.

One more thing, if you play as a right winger, you should also move inside the box either to create space for your RB or to create goal chances in the crosses from left wing. I dont see him doing well in crowded areas.

Playing a great RB in RW and a much better CB in RB is worse than playing a great RB in his natural position and add Kranjcar/Pienaar as RW imo

11. These users say thanks for this post

AmericanHotspur (23-12-2011),gomes4life (25-12-2011),spursman18 (23-12-2011),stroud_jm (23-12-2011)

First Team Player

Status
    FA cup match versus Cheltenham might be a good fixture to try this.. The idea is to ease him into the position as the youngsters are eased into the team, but he is already in the first team at RB and it just doesn't make sense to risk his fitness (too many matches) in the middle of the season. Especially since the transfer window will be open and we do have people to play there, namely Townsend, who deserve a chance. I would love to see it though.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ctw01 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fair result - Harry - News Articles - Tottenhamhotspur.com

Arry says Kaboul did a hamstring , anybody confirm this ?
    Yeah, SSN reported it this morning....he did it during the warm up.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Maro View Post
    Playing a great RB in RW and a much better CB in RB is worse than playing a great RB in his natural position and add Kranjcar/Pienaar as RW imo
    ^^^^This........

boo

Status
    whether it's walker or not, the bottom line is that when lennon is out, the team suffers. i wonder if this situation will prompt a move this winter to provide cover for the right side.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Maro View Post
    True enough, especially against a left side with as much quality as we saw last night.

I will point this out with respect to the Walker at RW argument, though- a lot of the arguments against (lacks the final ball, lacks understanding of when to cut in, can't maneuver through crowded spaces) are awfully reminiscent of what was being said about Bale when we were wondering whether he should switch from LB to LW.

17. Who Thanked this post

Dustin (25-12-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Pienaar should be the one to replace Lennon.

Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDub View Post
    HULK should be the one to replace Lennon.
    Fixed for ya

20. Who Thanked this post

BigDub (23-12-2011)

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter