Register To Comment
    Player in Training

Status
    Well you know how Walcott and Lennon are quite similar? Tons of pace, good dribblers but crappy final ball? Why not try Lennon through the middle and just tell him to speed into the box and try and win pens or go round the keeper.

Anything's got to be better than him out wide refusing to take on his man.

We've already seen what happens when Lennon cuts in and is forced to shoot. He's almost more effective this way as it seems regardless of how much space there is...he never takes advantage of it.

I'm ***y and I know it

Status
    Martin Jol did play him there but with Rafa, Nico & Modric who can also play there it's never going to happen.

Legend !

Status
    If Bale could play Attacking Right and Lennon Attacking Left, I'd suggest switching them around more often than what they do to become more of the highly praised "Inverted Winger" everyone seems to bang on about lately.

For me though, Just buy Ruiz or someone similar and we're sorted.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jokerevo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well you know how Walcott and Lennon are quite similar? Tons of pace, good dribblers but crappy final ball? Why not try Lennon through the middle and just tell him to speed into the box and try and win pens or go round the keeper.

Anything's got to be better than him out wide refusing to take on his man.

We've already seen what happens when Lennon cuts in and is forced to shoot. He's almost more effective this way as it seems regardless of how much space there is...he never takes advantage of it.
    thats a bit harsh, i thought at every opportunity against Man Utd he took on his man...

I don't think he will suit that style of play, he and bale love getting out wide and attacking to the by-line its just every now and then Bale cuts inside whereas Lennon does less often...

like Sraew says... try switching them more often would be better than using him as a striker.

shady!

Status
    If he had the vision to match his speed he'd be unplayable! Unfortunately he is either as blind as a bat or just completely indecisive!

Legend !

Status
    Yer, I dont think i have ever lover a player so much yet be so frustrated by him at the same time. On his day, his moment he does things that take your breathe away and you just think "wow, how did you do that, get their so fast!!" Unfortunatly he doesnt score enough and is nowhere near as direct as he should be. He just panics in the moment, like a rabbit in the headlights. I love to see him drift inside, pick up the ball and run more directly towards the goal and he's actually got a good shot on him, hits them low and hard always finding the corners of the goal.

Legend !

Status
    The problem with playing Lennon as a striker - he can't finish his dinner...

I think he will come good again this season, watch this space.

8. Who Thanked this post

Chivalry (31-08-2011)

First Team Player

Status
    hahaha inverted wingers ! didnt work against R Madrid , plus Lennon has sh!t final ball wether that be passing or shooting.
    We are not Man u , they can play inverted wingers with the likes of young and nani.........LENNON ....NO NO NO....Bale + VDV maybe

First Team Player

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by woody View Post
    The problem with playing Lennon as a striker - he can't finish his dinner...

I think he will come good again this season, watch this space.
    Well of course , with Arry in charge he is deemed undroppable , thats like 40 odd games for him...constantly . Be pretty hard if he didnt perform in at least a couple of games!

But in fairness if he just learns to improve his final ball, just even looking up, then he (can become) quality.

Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by spurs17 View Post
    Well of course , with Arry in charge he is deemed undroppable , thats like 40 odd games for him...constantly . Be pretty hard if he didnt perform in at least a couple of games!

But in fairness if he just learns to improve his final ball, just even looking up, then he (can become) quality.
    Yeah 5 years on and we are still waiting...................Its not gonna happen.

Legend !

Status
    Being able to run fast is not enough Im afraid, we need a new wide man who can deliver.

First Team Player

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by P UNIT 1980 View Post
    Yeah 5 years on and we are still waiting...................Its not gonna happen.
    Haha tell me about it ! lets just hope Friedricks doesnt learn from him, but Lennon is going to be our no1 Winger for as long as Arry is here so you cant do anything but stay optimistic.

Legend !

Status
    i love the guy. always have.... moments of magic is all i need.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter