Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Player in Training

Status
    With 9 days until the transfer window closes and things going kind of slowly I thought I'd let you guys see what I think of how the squad should line up for the majority of the season.

After hearing that Luka's "head isn't right" to face the champions,Man U, I've decided I'm over him.I know he's been outstanding for 2 and a half seasons for us but even Harry has said it might be beneficial to cash in on the 30+ million pound on offer.

I know everybody has an opinion of who they'd like to see bought and sold,and I know i'ts not as simple as opening the doors to Spurs lodge but this is my wish list of incomings and outgoings and how they would line up in the 2011-12 EPL seaon.I'm being very realistic in this list,with players who have been linked to moves both to us and away from us. No Messis,Ronaldos or Rooneys are in my plans.

OUTModric
    Palacios
    Crouch
    Bentley
    Jenas
    Dos SantosHutton

IN
    S.Parker
    L.Diarra
    Adebayor
    Benayoun
    G.Cahill
    --------------------------------------GK---------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------Gomes------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------Cudicini-----------------------------------
    ------------------------------------Friedel------------------------------------

LB-------------------CB------------------------ ---CB----------------------RB

BAE---------------Dawson------------------------King----- ----------Walker
    Bassong-----------Gallas------------------------Kaboul--------------Corluka
    --------------------Cahill

---------------------CM----------------------------CM--------------------------
    -------------------Parker----------------------Huddlestone--------------------
    -------------------Diarra------------------------Kranjcar-----------------------
    -------------------Sandro----------------------Livermore----------------------

LM-------------------------------CAM-----------------------------------------RM
    Bale-------------------------Van Der Vaart------------------------------Lennon
    Pienaar-----------------------------------------------------------------Benayoun
    Rose-------------------------------------------------------------------Townsend

------------------------------------ST---------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------Defoe--------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------Adebayor------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------Pavylachenko---------------------------------------

Obviously my prefered formation is a 4-2-3-1.The back 4 would not change much at all with the usual suspects of BAE,Dawson,King (lets all prey he can get one game in a week) and either the fairly reliable Corluka or the ever improving,enthusiastic and energetic Walker.Kaboul and Gallas will provide the cover and depth at centre half needed to sustain a 50 plus game season while Bassong survives because of a lack of alternatives at left back,although Danny Rose did fill in there last season in front of Bassong.Gary Cahill would be bought in now to ease him into the squad in the view to replace both King and Gallas after their inevitable retirments in the next couple of seasons.He's experienced,a leader,English and at 25 his best years are ahead of him.
    In the centre of midfield Sandro,Diarra or Parker would provide the steel and work rate in the central pair while Huddlestone,Kranjcar or the youngster Livermore would be the playmaker who provides the spark and vision to unleash an attacking trio that will provide support and chances for a lone striker.Parker is thought to be a risk because of his age and re-sale value but after an outstanding year at West Ham last campaign he surely is worth the 8 million pricetage.He's now a proven international who gives 110% every minute he plays and could provide great education for the likes of Sandro,Hud and Livermore and another leader in a squad that may be without King and Gallas at times.Diarra would be a world class edition at his best,and the best form of his career arguably came at Pompey under Redknapp and at 26 he has plenty of years left in front of him.
    Bale,VDV and Lennon have the attacking job if all are fit and on form with Pienaar,Benayoun and the super versatile Kranjcar providing cover for the star trio.The two youngsters Townsend and Rose will add extra depth outwide and will continue to be blooded in by Harry in the cups and Europe to give his main men rest during the season.Benayoun will come in in the Modric deal and at 31 people may see it as a useless addition but as a back up to the starting trio and with the ability to fit into all 3 roles if needed it could be a very effective and cheap alternative to keeping hold of Bentley,Dos Santos or Jenas if he can stay fit and find his West Ham form.
    Upfront Defoe has shown in pre-season and against Hearts that he is determined to put last seasons poor season in front of goal behind him and prove his critics wrong.He link well with VDV and Rafa is one of the few stars the team is being built around.I admit I'm not Peter Crouch's biggest fan and I would let Stoke take the lanky strike for the 9m they r offering.In his place Adebayor would come in on loan and if he produces the kind of form he did in his first few season in England and take a paycut,the 12m fee to make the deal permanent would be a steal and he would definitley be a step up from Crouch.Pav would stay and be 3rd in the pecking order if not fourth if we find another striker.I'd keep him ahead of Crouch because I think the only thing stopping him from being a success in England is his attitude and I've heard alot of talk in interviews and reports he has knuckled down and is determined to succeed.

I know I'm goin to cop heaps for suggesting we sell Luka and take a few risks with the players I think we should bring in but it may improve the squad in both the short and long term.Last time we had a player force their way out we left it too long and shot ourselves in the foot.We had no one in the squad ready to replace Berbatov when he left and it showed when we only picked up 2 points in our first 8 games.This time around we have 2 other superstars in Bale and VDV that can ease the blow and transfer targets days away from signing who are proven star performers in the EPL in seasons past.We also proved against Hearts,i know its only Hearts,that we can perform without Luka.
    30 million for Modric could equal Benayoun (free),Adebayor (12m),Diarra (12m) and Parker (8m).32 million for 4 proven performers to replace Luka is pretty good business in my opinion.Plus whatever Harry can conjure up for the other fringe players for the defender we need and possibly another striker and it could be a very productive window.Crouch and Palicious to Stoke for 18m,Dos Santos to Sevilla for 5 or 6m and Jenas,Bentley and Hutton to whoever we can get money out of.

Thats my opinion and its all hyperthetical so thanks for reading,whats your opinion on the situation?
    C'mon you Spurs.Look out De Gea!

First Team Player

Status
    not sure about the Huddlestone/Livermore/Kranjar selection in CM , definately need Modric there , creative and hardly loses the ball
    Although the 4231 definately suits VDV.

massive bellend according to bigdub

Status
    We DEFINITELY need a playmaker if Modric leaves.
    Hard to get.. I think Montolivo could be good, he's in the best years of his career.
    Wouldn't cost much because hes contract is expending

Legend !

Status
    We do play this formation already, Also known as a 4-5-1

First Team Player

Status
    This is essentially what we played at OT last night - the problem is that when we went behind and brought pav and Huddlestone on for Livermore and Kranjcar we were left exposed in midfield, I think it could work against lesser teams and with more suitable/ fit players for those roles. it is very similar to the 4-5-1 and is a little like Man City although I don't think quite as turgid.

Legend !

Status
    I think I'm really starting to warm to this formation, England used a similar formation against bulgaria with Parker and Barry (Sandro/Thudd) as holding midfielders and then Downing (Lennon/VdV) Young (Bale/Niko) and Walcott (ModRICH/VdV) given a free roaming role behind Rooney (Ade)

Player in Training

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunaSpurs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think I'm really starting to warm to this formation, England used a similar formation against bulgaria with Parker and Barry (Sandro/Thudd) as holding midfielders and then Downing (Lennon/VdV) Young (Bale/Niko) and Walcott (ModRICH/VdV) given a free roaming role behind Rooney (Ade)
    agreed its defo a formation we have a squad for... plus good enough replacements for all the top 4 if needed rests etc

Legend !

Status
    This is silly, It's the same formation we're using atm.

A proper 4-2-3-1 should have the Wide CAM's inverted.

these are small those cows are far away

Status

11. Who Thanked this post

falstaff (04-10-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JacoZA View Post
    this is a fantastic read.

13. Who Thanked this post

JacoZA (04-10-2011)

Status
    So that's the end of Defoe then.

15. Who Thanked this post

falstaff (04-10-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivron View Post
    So that's the end of Defoe then.
    Yeah, and VDV and Modric vying for the same position coz in a 4-2-3-1 VDV deffo ain't a winger.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JacoZA View Post
    Yeah, and VDV and Modric vying for the same position coz in a 4-2-3-1 VDV deffo ain't a winger.
    Yet he wont be playing as a traditional winger in a 4 2 3 1, he'll be able to tuck in a bit more and have one of the two DM cover him if he gets beat defensively. Modric would be playing more of the central role in the 3, yet could easily interchange with VDV or Parker who would be one of the two DMs with Sandro next to him.

18. Who Thanked this post

JacoZA (04-10-2011)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by spursman18 View Post
    Yet he wont be playing as a traditional winger in a 4 2 3 1, he'll be able to tuck in a bit more and have one of the two DM cover him if he gets beat defensively. Modric would be playing more of the central role in the 3, yet could easily interchange with VDV or Parker who would be one of the two DMs with Sandro next to him.
    There's also the point about Sandro being able to cover the space as Walker bombs forward.

20. Who Thanked this post

spursman18 (04-10-2011)

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter