Register To Comment
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Harry look!

  1. #1
    jokerevo's Avatar
    Player in Training

    Status
    Offline
    Ever since we signed VdV Harry has been trying to fit the guy into the team. However in a 442 the only place for Rafa to excel consistently is up top with the striker, something Harry was lured into only because of Crouch's "success" with him as a pair.

    Here's my solution a.k.a how we should really be playing

    ---------------------------NEW STRIKER--------------------------





    ---------BALE------------------VDV-----------------MODRIC------



    -------------------SANDRO------------HUDDLESTONE-------------



    ------EKOTTO-------GALLAS--------DAWSON----WALKER-----




    Here's the pro's

    +Bale gets to player much higher up and can join the striker
    +VDV and MOD can interchange positions and have more freedom to roam knowing they have the shield of Sandro and Hudd behind them
    +Hudd's passing can really be utilised as he becomes our deep lying playmaker
    +Sandro provides much needed insurance
    +Lennon is benched and has to earn his place
    +5 in midfield allows us to play with more fluidity and movement.
    +Can revert to 442 in a flash if required.
    +much more solid core in centre mid
    +Mod is unshackled
    +VdV can be a real threat through centre
    +the front 1 can become a front 3 on counters
    +allows for quick expansive play


    Here's the con's

    -An extremely versatile striker is required to make this work
    -Harry won't do it
    -Harry still likes Jenas
    -Lacking natural width on right
    -Harry will have to pick between Mod and VdV if Lennon comes into form on the right.


    Thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jokerevo; 04-08-2011 at 04:03 PM.

  2. Who Thanked this post

    USpur (04-08-2011)


  3. #2
    perstrame's Avatar
    Legend !

    Status
    Offline
    By Naughton I assume you mean Walker

  4. #3
    jokerevo's Avatar
    Player in Training

    Status
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by perstrame View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By Naughton I assume you mean Walker
    Eh? Yeah sorry was rushing.

  5. #4
    Enfield_spurs's Avatar
    Legend !

    Status
    Offline
    Why not switch Modric and VDV? Rafa was good from the right at the end of last season and Modric is a lot better in the centre.

  6. #5
    Dancubus's Avatar
    Legend !

    Status
    Online
    That's pretty much the formation we were playing, bar the advanced wingers.

    I really don't think VDV ever played as a striker in a 4-4-2. He was always deployed in the hole behind Crouch, where he played the "do what the f**k you like" role.

  7. #6
    jokerevo's Avatar
    Player in Training

    Status
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Enfield_spurs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why not switch Modric and VDV? Rafa was good from the right at the end of last season and Modric is a lot better in the centre.
    Because Rafa adds more of a goal threat in the centre. Anyway it's not set in stone mate, the idea is to free up both Rafa and Mod by letting Sandro and Hudd do the sitting. They can and definitely will switch places but for my money, VdV must link up with the striker as often as he can.

    I remember seeing a pass VdV slotted to Defoe leaving him 1v1 against Wigan I think last season and he slapped it against the keeper....VdV can score and create and he has that extra yard of vision in his head, Sherivision or Hodvision as I like to call it lmao.

  8. #7
    USpur's Avatar
    Legend !

    Status
    Offline
    I like the formation. Walker could bomb forward and provide width on the right with Thudd providing some cover.

  9. #8
    jokerevo's Avatar
    Player in Training

    Status
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancubus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's pretty much the formation we were playing, bar the advanced wingers.

    I really don't think VDV ever played as a striker in a 4-4-2. He was always deployed in the hole behind Crouch, where he played the "do what the f**k you like" role.
    Yeah but the crucial difference mate is Mod is unschackled in this system and we don't have to tolerate Lennon's poor creativity ratio. This system tries to accomodate both instead of alienating Rafa out wide. It is a variation on 4411 ofc.

  10. #9
    jokerevo's Avatar
    Player in Training

    Status
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by USpur View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like the formation. Walker could bomb forward and provide width on the right with Thudd providing some cover.
    Look, I use it in PES and everyone is terrified by it. So it has been tested.

    Seriously though, yeah, exactly. Plus it's not like Hudd is fast enough to join the serious passing fireworks that would happening ahead of him. Instead he would benefit by having 3 quality runners ahead of him to pick out and I'm not even talking about the superb striker we are going to sign 10 minutes before the window shuts.
    Last edited by jokerevo; 04-08-2011 at 04:18 PM.

  11. #10
    Snowleopard's Avatar
    First Team Player

    Status
    Offline
    I like it, although I don't think that this will unshackle Modric as much as some might think, I believe his 'natural' position is a deep lying playmaker so I would rather have Lennon on the right and stick Modric in the centre where he can be the puppetmaster we all love and adore, at least against the stronger sides where we need his calm on the ball to help us out of tight situations. But it could work against weaker oppositions where Thudd's long shot is a better threat than Lennon's pace.

  12. #11
    JJohns's Avatar
    First Team Player

    Status
    Offline
    I have been thinking about the 4-2-3-1 for Tottenham, and it could work.

    For myself, I wouldn't mind seeing this for the 4-2-3-1:

    Gomes/Friedel

    Walker - Gallas/King - Dawson - BAE/Rose

    ---------Modric ----- Huddlestone ----

    ------------ Bale --- VdV ----- Kranjcar/Lennon

    ----------- Striker ?? --

    I don't know how defensive that setup is really, but it could be for some interesting attacking play. I would prefer Modric in a deeper role alongside Huddlestone, who both could make passes and pull the strings from the back. Sandro would be on the bench to bring on for Huddlestone if we need someone to break up the play instead. I like Krancjar up top in place of Lennon because he has better shooting boots than Lennon.

    But as you say, we really need a versatile striker to make the best of any formation we play w/one up top, whether it be the 4-4-1-1 or 4-2-3-1.

  13. #12
    rudi's Avatar
    Legend !

    Status
    Offline
    When is Sandro expected to be able to play again?

  14. #13
    jokerevo's Avatar
    Player in Training

    Status
    Offline
    Quote Originally Posted by JJohns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have been thinking about the 4-2-3-1 for Tottenham, and it could work.

    For myself, I wouldn't mind seeing this for the 4-2-3-1:

    Gomes/Friedel

    Walker - Gallas/King - Dawson - BAE/Rose

    ---------Modric ----- Huddlestone ----

    ------------ Bale --- VdV ----- Kranjcar/Lennon

    ----------- Striker ?? --

    I don't know how defensive that setup is really, but it could be for some interesting attacking play. I would prefer Modric in a deeper role alongside Huddlestone, who both could make passes and pull the strings from the back. Sandro would be on the bench to bring on for Huddlestone if we need someone to break up the play instead. I like Krancjar up top in place of Lennon because he has better shooting boots than Lennon.

    But as you say, we really need a versatile striker to make the best of any formation we play w/one up top, whether it be the 4-4-1-1 or 4-2-3-1.
    I dunno, Hudd and Mod is an extremely lightweight centre midfield and I don't know how often anyone can get away with 2 playmakers in this league.

    Sandro gives us better balance and deals with other teams who setup with 5 in midfield (so our CB's don't feel the need to come out and meet players....I'm looking at you Daws).

    This is a system similar to the scum's and is conducive towards to short intricate play; the other real purpose of this system being to rid us of Crouch syndrome. With only 1 up top he's simply not mobile enough to lead the line. So yes, please accept the Stoke deal lol.

    I still don't think we've seen the best of Mod either.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter