Huddsy

DawsonKing

CorlukaSandroEkotto

LennonBale

Rafael

------------------->????????????????????<--------------------

First Team Player

Status
    That's come up on my iPhone as 1-2-1-3-2-1? With a broken heart chucked in too? Is the above correct? Hudds behind Dawson and King?.....

Scott

Legend !

Status
    Sorry to go a bit off topic, but didn't we play 3-5-2 when Goddle was manager?

Legend !

Status
    Interesting but assou ekotto and corluka are not wing backs which i presume this formation would mean?

I see a lot of people with formations putting lennon and bale as inverted wingers. Would this work?

I could see lennon playing as one but not bale imo.

I would like to see one of these formation styles tried out in pre season and see if lennon and bale can actually play this way, don't think it will happen though.

boo

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Triangulum View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1-2-1-3-2-1?
    that would be an incredible formation to work on in the dressing room i bet lol! no mate, tom would drift between sandro, dawson and king from goal line to half way line. i guess sometimes forward, depends though eh?

as for the wing backs, corluka and walker could rotate, as with rose and ekotto i guess. again, depends who we are playing. but if i had to put a strongest team out, that could defend and get goals, i reckon it would be something like that.

Legend !

Status
    I personally could never see that working. Thudd as a sweeper? Its just a definate no no it would cause sooo much confusion, would make the offside trap near on impossible and plus thudds best attributes are'nt being explored in that formation. I'd rather 4-3-3 or i really like the idea of 3-5-2 and if king and gallas are fit we have good enough cb's for it to work!

-----------Gallas-------Dawson----------King-----------
    Walker----------------------------------------------Bale
    ------------Sandro------VDV-------Thudd---------------
    -------------------Rossi--------------------------------
    --------------------------Llorente-----------------------

IMO this is the best lineup we can hope for without modric, and with the 2 additions it does look very tasty, Walker and bale will have alot of space to explore and run into and i believe this will hurt teams alot as it would be hard for them to double up on them as we would have a busy/commanding cm area which would draw opposition in to disposes us and will leave big spaces open for them. Rossi and Llorente is more of a dream, and with Modric sold we can easily afford to buy both its just a matter of wages/player preferance!

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by IH8GOONS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see a lot of people with formations putting lennon and bale as inverted wingers. Would this work?

I could see lennon playing as one but not bale imo.
    I see people arguing for this recently but I'm with you, except more because I don't really fancy Azza inverted either to be honest.

First Team Player

Status
    The lineup we played against Kaiser Chiefs in the second half was a bit of a 4-3-1-2 and it didn't look as if VDV suited it at all - whether or not he sat a bit deep to test out what we could do if Luka does go i don't know. I think he needs to be the second striker to get the best out of him though and he is a player we should be looking to build around and certainly with a bigger man to get the knock downs from. I see no harm in having Huddlestone and Sandro both playing holding roles in midfield with Lennon and Bale getting forward down the wings and getting inside giving the fullbacks room to attack as well. Huddlestone has always seemed very cool and composed at the back but on a day with a fit Ledley Dawson and Gallas (by that I mean if that was ever to happen) you wouldn't pick him ahead of those 3

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter