----------------------gomes---------------------

--------- kaboul --- dawson --- king ----------

walker--------------sandro-----------------bale

-----------huddlestone-------modric-----------

---------------------rafael----------------------

-----------------pavlyuchenko-----------------

Legend !

Status
    Possible, it definitely fits walker and bale - aside from King. He doesn't fit as 1. he will probably be injured and isn't going to fit to link with bale the way BAE, but BAE may be too small to cope in this formation and 2. I see Modric dropping into a central role as he plays now and this, with king behind bale, would leave bale pretty isolated. This formation would also see Sandro tied very deep, practically as a CB. Pav wouldn't work as he would need to lead the line, and he doesn't do that, but who knows what new striker we may have.

Also if anyone got hurt we would have to totally change our formation, which would set us back.

Anyway, would be interesting to see how it would work though... not sure if a 3 man back line is in Harry's brain anywhere, but if we had say Ancelotti instead, I could see him giving this a go. Interesting post boo.

3. Who Thanked this post

boo (29-06-2011)

boo

Status
    sandro and huddlestone could perhaps rotate to give both the opportunity to get forward. modric would run the middle of the park as he does now. no change there. bale and walker would both be flying up and down the wings knowing that cover would be there from either sandro, kaboul, huddlestone or king. at 21 they should be able to do that.

i reckon that pavlyuchenko would be replaced with 'the marquee signing' but at the moment, he is the best we have.

lennon for sandro and walker for rose would switch us back to 4-4-1-1

----------------------gomes---------------------

kaboul ------ dawson --- king ---------- rose

lennon----huddlestone-------modric-----bale

-------------------- rafael ---------------------

-----------------pavlyuchenko-----------------

5. Who Thanked this post

Dustin (29-06-2011)

Legend !

Status
    I can't wait to see what it looks like next year. I really want lennon to come good, but I would love to see us get an inverted winger for the right side and have walker overlapping!

Why put rose over BAE? Especially behind a wide wing like bale I would be beyond surprised if Harry even considered rose over BAE as a consistent starter. I rate BAE's offensive play very highly, he sets up a ton of our attack even if he isn't on the end of it.

Also you know corluka plays CB for his national team, not sure why we have never considered him up to the challenge. Some of our croatians may be able to answer that one. He has the size.

First Team Player

Status
    I think we need to be innovative and this is the kind of thing I'd like to see us try at home to the teams that come to the lane and play 4-5-1. I would have Gallas instead of Dawson though and hopefully a new striker up front. Dustin, I like BAE but he doesn't get forward enough for my liking against the likes of Wigan, Wolves, Stoke etc.

Legend !

Status
    Playing 3 defenders is gonna concede a **** load of goals. The new Inter manager Gasperini likes to use 3-4-3. You can see how it works next season.

boo

Status
    ekotto played the most games of anybody this year i think? 4-4-2/1-1 i'm sure he will play there for many more games too. same with gallas, corluka, lennon, crouch e.t.c. all will play a big part in the squad. but that system doesn't account for 'out and out' full backs. kaboul over corluka because of his speed. king over anyone because he is the best we have at the club. dawson is our captain.

just trying to get them all in the same team. sandro huddlestone and modric is a midfield made from the gods of football lol. creativity, precision and feist covering the entire centre of the park.

as opposed to rafael, dos santos, pienaar, krancjar, defoe

boo

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Playing 3 defenders is gonna concede a **** load of goals.
    yeah good point, and could be what redknapp is thinking too. no pressure on the full backs could leave us open to spaces for the back three. dunno just trying to get the three of them in the same team lol

First Team Player

Status
    I think the point is that we could play like this against the teams that come to defend, set up like this away to Chelsea then you're going to get hammered, home to Stoke is a different matter.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter