Register To Comment
    Legend !

Status
    So word on the street is he is our newest youngster. 16 year old attacking midfielder that has been at Barca for quite sometime. Hoping someone may dig up some video of him from within the past year. Lots of clips of him that are a few years back, but would like to see what we are dealing with. I would love to get excited, but it seems to me that Barca rarely lets a gem go and we have been known to buy scraps in the past (ahem gio). So recent vids?

THTV Donator

Status
    Well, they let Fabregas go as a kid, so who knows.

I'm more worried about the fact that he left the club because of a falling out; I would hate to see another Giovanni Dos Santos-like case of bad attitude eclipsing potential.

Status
    I dont think they let Fabregas go, I think Wenger poached him from them.

Not many videos of him on youtube.
    Last edited by spursman18; 24-05-2011 at 06:00 AM.

4. Who Thanked this post

The Sundance Yid (24-05-2011)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by spursman18 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dont think they let Fabregas go, I think Wenger poached him from them.
    How excatly? I'm not disputing that he did but Barca had to be partially to blame in the whole thing. We all know that Fabregas loves Barca so for him to sign for Arsenal would have to mean someone at Barca either didn't rate him or dithered because they thought he wouldn't sign somewhere else.

Who's to say the same thing hasn't happened with this kid.

Status
    I dont know Blue, thats why I said I think.

If Ceballos has had a falling out at Barca there could be several reasons behind it but I dont think any of it will become public.

7. Who Thanked this post

BlueCrew LA (24-05-2011)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by spursman18 View Post
    I dont know Blue, thats why I said I think.

If Ceballos has had a falling out at Barca there could be several reasons behind it but I dont think any of it will become public.
    Hmmm.......

Anyways he looks good in the minute and half of video i've seen of him....

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCrew LA View Post
    How excatly? I'm not disputing that he did but Barca had to be partially to blame in the whole thing. We all know that Fabregas loves Barca so for him to sign for Arsenal would have to mean someone at Barca either didn't rate him or dithered because they thought he wouldn't sign somewhere else.

Who's to say the same thing hasn't happened with this kid.
    In Spain and most of Europe, you had to be 17 to get a professional contract. In England, it's 16. Barcelona could not do anything about Arsenal paoching Fabregas or Fran Merida or Man United poaching Pique. UEFA have since changed the ruling to make it more difficult for Arsenal to do those things. When you are at a club like Barcelona, who produces players like Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Busquets and Pedro, you obviously don't feel as assured about making it as you would at Arsenal who just steal the players they need at a young age.

10. Who Thanked this post

thornton3 (06-06-2011)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sundance Yid View Post
    In Spain and most of Europe, you had to be 17 to get a professional contract. In England, it's 16. Barcelona could not do anything about Arsenal paoching Fabregas or Fran Merida or Man United poaching Pique. UEFA have since changed the ruling to make it more difficult for Arsenal to do those things. When you are at a club like Barcelona, who produces players like Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Busquets and Pedro, you obviously don't feel as assured about making it as you would at Arsenal who just steal the players they need at a young age.
    Cesc didn't get his first professional contract until he was 17. He left Barca because he didn't see himself breaking through and joined Arsenal's academy, he wasn't poached. Cesc Fabregas is Barca's fxck up and like I said before either it's they didn't rate him or the dithered and he looked for better options.

Legend !

Status
    I would like to see him in some Academy games before I make a verdict. He may be the replacement for VDV and be a class player, he may not pan out and pull a GDS. (hopefully the first one.) But this was a free transfer and no matter how bad he is we will make some sort of profit if we choose to sell him.

13. Who Thanked this post

Dustin (25-05-2011)

First Team Player

Status
    Get him on the Eastenders as well so he feels English enough to reject national a call-up for Spain and can partner Wilshere in Qatar hahaaha.

First Team Player

Status
    Or even Russia.

First Team Player

Status
    Sounds like a good deal to me. I can't imagine what made him leave Barca but I have no doubt that he'll play a nice Niko role in a spurs team of the future. ;D

Legend !

Status
    So, did he sign for sure? I stopped following this?

Status
    I'm still confused....

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter