Register To Comment
    First Team Player

Status
    Any recommendations for a good book on soccer formation and strategy that is somewhat basic. I am half way through Inverting the Pyramid by Jonathon Wilson and it is way over my head.Thanks

Legend !

Status
    You interested in one for coaching, modern professional formations, or just the basics of formations?

Michael Cox has a pretty decent biblio on his website:

Bibliography | Zonal Marking

I would also recommend saving zonalmarking.net as a short cut reading it often, you can watch a big game and read his analysis on the site. You will learn plenty about formations, in my opinion it is by far the best tactical football website on the web.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Dustin; 29-04-2011 at 03:25 AM.

3. Who Thanked this post

NewEnglandSpur (29-04-2011)

Legend !

Status
    It's not a book, but an extremely enjoyable way to learn a bit more about the game is to follow the Run of Play blog. Best football blog going.

5. These users say thanks for this post

Dustin (29-04-2011),NewEnglandSpur (29-04-2011),travis (21-05-2011)

First Team Player

Status
    Best off going on books websites and searching and reading reviews theres some good ones out there, look at ones for football coaching courses etc have the best stuff in

7. Who Thanked this post

NewEnglandSpur (29-04-2011)

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter