boo

Status
    gomes

corluka - gallas - dawson - ekotto

lennon - van der vaart - sandro - huddlestone - modric

bale

worth trying do you think?

Status
    We had a discussion about this a few months ago. I would rather give him a run of games on the Right Wing before we try him up front. Play him like Bayern plays Robben. He would score more goals there IMO.
    Last edited by BlueCrew LA; 22-04-2011 at 05:15 PM.

3. These users say thanks for this post

Dustin (22-04-2011),MagnaThor (22-04-2011)

Status
    no thank you.

Legend !

Status
    no, he's definitely a wing player.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCrew LA View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We had a discussion about this a few months ago. I would rather give him a run of games on the Right Wing before we try him up front. Play him like Bayern plays Robben. He would score more goals there IMO.
    ahh yes ive always wanted to see how well bale and lennon would do with inverted wingers. IMO lennon is already better left wing than he is right! He has that extra yard of space all the time to get a shot off, rather than having that extra space to deliver a cross. Bale would do just as good IMO. But would harry ever try it?

Banned !

Status
    bale up front no way
    people are still saying that he will end up being a LB never mind up front

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mattspurz View Post
    ahh yes ive always wanted to see how well bale and lennon would do with inverted wingers. IMO lennon is already better left wing than he is right! He has that extra yard of space all the time to get a shot off, rather than having that extra space to deliver a cross. Bale would do just as good IMO. But would harry ever try it?
    Remember he did it in the Wolves match when Bale came on. He looked real threatening there and was going for goal, should have scored.

Banned !

Status
    i think lennon is better on the left so if bale wants to play there and becomes like robben and learns how to play on the right we will be even better from the wings

Legend !

Status
    Honestly look how offensive minded he is at the moment, he is basically playing a forward position already. But he does better with space where he can get those big legs racing, and for this the wing is the place to start. There are a lot of forwards that play from the wing, Bale is more likely to take up this role than he is to be put up top as a loan striker in a 4-5-1.

Legend !

Status
    If I heard correctly, then the commentator, when we played Arsenal, said something about Bale wanting to play behind the striker.

Your thoughts on that?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    Honestly look how offensive minded he is at the moment, he is basically playing a forward position already. But he does better with space where he can get those big legs racing, and for this the wing is the place to start. There are a lot of forwards that play from the wing, Bale is more likely to take up this role than he is to be put up top as a loan striker in a 4-5-1.
    Exactly......he could play higher up in a 4 3 3 (which I dont think we'll play any time soon). But thats the key to his game, pace. If he's up front on his own you take away a huge part of his game. He is a weapon down the wings and needs to stay there for the rest of his career (or play as a wing back).

Legend !

Status
    in 3 up front but playing with your back to goal is a completely different game to running from deep.

First Team Player

Status
    I would rather have him deployed on the wing, where we can use his pace to stretch the game and add a little width. Since he's marked by two to three people now, drawing a few people out to to the wings could open up the middle/other wing. I don't think he would be utilized the best as a striker up front alone or behind the striker (behind the striker is where VdV shines more).

I would not mind seeing him as an inverted winger in a 4-3-3, though, as has been suggested. He has been cutting inside more, so seeing him improve to that part of his game more would be nice.

Legend !

Status
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he performed better than our strikers up top. However, I think he is at his best on the wing where he has room to run into. Things are much more congested up the middle and he wouldn't be able to utilize his speed as much.

Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo

Status
    He has said recently that he fancies himself behind the striker.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter