Register To Comment
    First Team Player

Status
    It's funny how a little bit of confidence can completely change a player, and how it can change the fans' love or hate for a player.

I remember swearing at the screen every time a certain player was picked. And I know the majority of Spurs fans felt the same. He was supposed to be a defender, but he was useless at it. Why didn't we try him on the wing??? Through necessity he was picked when our normal defender was out, and he was still pretty useless as a defender, but boy could he bomb down the pitch and cause havoc. I mean, we paid good money for the lad so we might as well use him, right? In the space of... I don't know, 4 weeks he was a fan favorite and a month after that he was worth 50 million quid to some.

He went from being a young kid that we paid way too much for, to being one of the superstars of the team. It's a crazy game.

So last weekend, I sit there swearing at the screen as another dud that we paid too much for is forced on the pitch through the necessity of injury. The guy is hopeless, he can't defend, we're gunna lose... Why does he always have to run forward? Why can't he stay in his position and learn to tackle? I mean if he wanted to bomb down the sideline he should have chosen to be a winger when he was 6, right? You can't just dramatically change positions in your twenties, right?

Oh yeah, Gareth Bale...

and then I looked back at Alan Hutton...

Suddenly it just clicked in my head and I stopped swearing at the screen. I actually wanted Hutton to move out of position, take on the defense, cause some havoc. I mean, it's not like Bale ever REALLY learned to tackle, right? (be honest). Half an hour later he's got a penalty, a freakish goal, and a man of the match performance.

So now Harry has a choice to make, and I'd like to know what you all think. Does he play him again, or use one of the Kyles? And if he plays well enough what does he do when Charlie is back? I doubt he's ever going to learn to defend. What if Lennon still isn't playing his best?

Legend !

Status
    in answer to your questions:

Does he play him again? - how can you not play someone who did that in a game again, he has to be given another shot
    use one of the Kyles? - the Kyles (from what I have heard) are out on loan (or at least one of them is)
    And if he plays well enough what does he do when Charlie is back? - that will make both of them play better because now Corluka has to fight someone for his position now, and they're two different types of players, ones a rock in defense and the others brilliant at attacking, so they'll play against different opponents e.g. Corluka against Man Utd, Hutton against West Ham
    What if Lennon still isn't playing his best? - Hutton will probably never do a Bale in moving his position to RM (maybe for a CC game or something but nothing more) Lennon needs some time and he'll be back flying again, he sort of showed glimpses when he came on against Wolves

noone is getting my pot of gold you *******s

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by edmonds44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    in answer to your questions:

Does he play him again? - how can you not play someone who did that in a game again, he has to be given another shot
    use one of the Kyles? - the Kyles (from what I have heard) are out on loan (or at least one of them is)
    And if he plays well enough what does he do when Charlie is back? - that will make both of them play better because now Corluka has to fight someone for his position now, and they're two different types of players, ones a rock in defense and the others brilliant at attacking, so they'll play against different opponents e.g. Corluka against Man Utd, Hutton against West Ham
    What if Lennon still isn't playing his best? - Hutton will probably never do a Bale in moving his position to RM (maybe for a CC game or something but nothing more) Lennon needs some time and he'll be back flying again, he sort of showed glimpses when he came on against Wolves

When you say rock in defence you mean slow as a rock right. Now I do appreciate his footballing talents and he had a pretty good partnership with Lennon but honestly he is not good enough we saw what happened we he comes up against a great team.. Honestly Hutton and Kyle Naughton are the guys we need to prepare for the first team weekly.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz The Yid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When you say rock in defence you mean slow as a rock right. Now I do appreciate his footballing talents and he had a pretty good partnership with Lennon but honestly he is not good enough we saw what happened we he comes up against a great team.. Honestly Hutton and Kyle Naughton are the guys we need to prepare for the first team weekly.
    Redknapp has even said Hutton needs to work on his defending, Hutton and Corluka are two very different options we have for RB ones attack minded the other defence minded so depending on the opponent it will be between them, as for Naughton I can see him being used more next season, only because how well Hutton played vs Wolves... if Hutton fails again then I think we'll see Naughton

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter