Register To Comment
    Legend !

Status
    I have noticed different threads discussing what formations we should do in Europe. I want to know what do people here would like for Harry to use as a alternative to the 4-4-2. Which one would you prefer and why?

For the record, I am a fan of us doing the 4-3-3, but what do I know....

Legend !

Status
    although i would prefer a 4-3-3 as well i just don't see that happening, maybe more of a 4-2-3-1 so you still have a good portion of mid-fielders but it is more offensive in my mind than a straight 4-5-1. I've never really had a problem with the 4-4-2 though and think we can work it well. we just need to know how to switch it to something different in game for whether we need a goal or to defend that 1 goal lead.

Status
    Harry has also said that we cant really get away with playing 442 away from home against some teams and in europe....depending on who we buy 433 might be do able but id like to see a team like this

-------------Gomes------------
    Richards----Daws----King/Bass-----Bale
    -----------Sarge-------Thudd-----------
    Lennon---------Modric------------Gio/Young/Bellamy
    ---------------Suarez--------------

or

-------------Gomes---------------
    Charlie----Richards------Daws--------BAE
    Lennon-------Thudd-----------Bale
    ---------------Modric----------------
    --------Suarez--------Defoe/Pav

Legend !

Status
    Bale and lennn wouldn't work in the second formation. The diamond formation uses more CMs with a Dm and AM. With attacking fulll backs. Eg why argentina were hammered by the first good side they faced.

First Team Player

Status
    I personally like 3-5-2 .....nostalgic and nothing to do with reality........today everyone thinks that 3-5-2 is obsolete(everyone is WRONG. Formation becomes popular when winning team plays something new and then everyone wants to play like that-"Barcelona plays like this"-how many times you heard that. There is one Barcelona and on one has same players as Barcelona has. Ipso Facto no other team can play like Barcelona.Play formation that best suits your team and it would suit tottenhams players.At the moment we dont have attacker to play with one attacker so it would be stupid to play 4-5-1)...But when i win on lottery and buy Tottenham tomorrow this is what we would play at least one game . Seems logical because we have a problem with defenders(injury proned, old etc.) at the moment. Here we would be able to rest and have a great back up when defender is injured.Also push Bale in midfield.Since we got awesome midfield players why not use them.Also in this formation our midfield would have a ****lo*d of chances for a goal.This is my fantasy and I am sticking to it.If you dont like it screw you and find your own.

-------------Gomes-------------In 2 sec can be changed to change in:----------Gomes
    -------Richards-King-Davs------------------------------------------------ Richards-King-Davs-Bale
    Lennon-Thudd-Modric-Kranjcar-Bale-----------------------------------Lennon-Thudd-Modric-Kranjcar
    -------Dafoe-Pav/Suarez------------------------------------------------------- Dafoe-Pav/Suarez

(imagine changing formation every 20 min-guaranteed nervous breakdown of at least 3 opponents players)

In reality I hope for this one:
    -------------------Gomes
    Corluka----Daws/Richards----King/Bass-----Bale--------------------More hot chicks
    -----------Palacios--------Modric------------------------------------ beer-----hot chick here too
    Lennon-----------Kranjcar-----------Gio/Young/Bellamy---------------- Me-----beer here too
    -------------------Suarez----------------------------------------- Hot chick
    Last edited by Idiot; 30-07-2010 at 11:28 PM.

Legend !

Status
    The reason I think the 4-3-3 is a good formation for us is because one of our strengths is our number of midfielders. I don't know, maybe having GDS, Niko, Palacios, Sandro, Modric, Hudds to rotate at the CM positions. Have Lennon, Rose, Bentley, Taarabt, Townsend rotate at the wings including a winger like Turan or Young to match with Lennon.

I don't know, correct me if I am wrong, you all know more the formations and personnel than I do. I think it in my head it and put it on paper, it looks good but I could be completely wrong.

This is based on skill (both potential and actual) and with injuries aside...

Gomes
    Corluka Dawson King Bale

GDS Sandro Modric

Lennon Turan/Young/Whoever
    Suarez/Cardozo/Whoever

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SolSurvivor5 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oi mate why do you support spuds when your from orlando doesn't make much sense mate XD
    Will you fook off please.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SolSurvivor5 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    now hang on HANG ON mate lets not get too shirty eh XD

were all fotball fans eh? ))))))
    not for you or your kind. enjoy the short period that you're on here.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter