Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Status
    This was prompted by Joe Cole wanting 120,000 a week , and it would appear that he is going to Manure according to the latest news today .

Apparantly A. Whingher of a certain club nearby was willing to re-jig his club's wage structure to accomodate him .

I used to know that just being in our first team squad gave a player a minimum of 8000 a week , mind you that was some time ago .

Can anyone bring me up-to-date with the top to bottom wage structure ?

THTV Donator

Status
    I might be wrong, but I think Modric/King/Defoe/Keane are joint highest on 50K / week. The lowest paid would be the stewards who earn 50 / game?

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroesComesandGoes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I might be wrong, but I think Modric/King/Defoe/Keane are joint highest on 50K / week. The lowest paid would be the stewards who earn 50 / game?

I used to be a steward and I never got 50 a game, I knew I should have got myself a good agent!!!!!

4. Who Thanked this post

SAspursfan (22-06-2010)

Status
    The lowest paid would be the stewards who earn 50 / game?[/QUOTE]

I was thinking of the lowest paid players .......... But somehow I think you knew that .

As for the 50K max , there are lots of good players who would love to earn that amount , but as for getting world class players ..... getting someone in their prime might be difficult .

Thought for the day ..........Many good players must still be available at the kind of wages we pay , because there are only so many top 10 clubs , no?

THTV Donator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev John Ripsher View Post
    The lowest paid would be the stewards who earn 50 / game?

I was thinking of the lowest paid players .......... But somehow I think you knew that .

As for the 50K max , there are lots of good players who would love to earn that amount , but as for getting world class players ..... getting someone in their prime might be difficult .

Thought for the day ..........Many good players must still be available at the kind of wages we pay , because there are only so many top 10 clubs , no?[/QUOTE]

Actually I didn't know you were asking for the minimum of the wage structure because I didn't read your post properly Thanks for trying to make me look good by the way Don't worry - you'll find that I do this quite often

7. Who Thanked this post

Rev John Ripsher (22-06-2010)

Status
    You DON'T read my posts properly !!! ???????

Shock Horror ..........

And now , back to the thread !!
    Last edited by Rev John Ripsher; 22-06-2010 at 11:08 AM.

9. Who Thanked this post

donatorHeroes (22-06-2010)

Legend !

Status
    Im pretty sure some players are on more than 50k p/w. I think the top earners would be at around 70k p/w, the money is still rediculous.

Welcome back Contrast!

Status
    Nah, I've always believed that the most we offer is 50k a week. I'm sure Modric and Bale were both given 50k a week when they signed extensions earlier this summer.

Legend !

Status
    i think it was stated that King earns 70K as tottenham's top earner

Legend !

Status
    probably 50K with add ons though . . . clean sheet bonuses, goal bonuses (in kings case playing one game a week bonuses ....) and the like.

Legend!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingfordspur View Post
    [/B]

I used to be a steward and I never got 50 a game, I knew I should have got myself a good agent!!!!!
    lol i forgot i done a bit of that at the lane about 28 years ago and got 11 a game back then. how the hell did i forget that ffs

THTV Donator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bradders View Post
    lol i forgot i done a bit of that at the lane about 28 years ago and got 11 a game back then. how the hell did i forget that ffs
    It was 20, 12 years ago (rounded down). I'm guessing it's 50 to take into consideration the effect of inflation?

Legend !

Status
    Wages are a sensitive issue for me because I dont agree with the vast sums of money players earn these days, I mean for example how can a club irrespective of stature, pay two-thirds of its annual income as wages and continue to survive in the long term, it cant be done.
    Yet many clubs are threatening their very existence by doing things in this way and in some cases financial meltdown is the only outcome looming on the horizon for them, anyway point of view over.

Legend!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ctw01 View Post
    Wages are a sensitive issue for me because I dont agree with the vast sums of money players earn these days, I mean for example how can a club irrespective of stature, pay two-thirds of its annual income as wages and continue to survive in the long term, it cant be done.
    Yet many clubs are threatening their very existence by doing things in this way and in some cases financial meltdown is the only outcome looming on the horizon for them, anyway point of view over.
    good post, this is why our wage structure works so well. problem is if 50k is out max then we wont get people in like cole and forlan, the big names with the experiance we need for CL footy (not that i want forlan unless the price drops lol)

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bradders View Post
    good post, this is why our wage structure works so well. problem is if 50k is out max then we wont get people in like cole and forlan, the big names with the experiance we need for CL footy (not that i want forlan unless the price drops lol)
    Yes mate I know we will have to up our wages to attract the better players but personally I hate that fact, but thats the way it is atm.......just havin a moan haha !..
    Last edited by ctw01; 22-06-2010 at 01:24 PM.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter