Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    First Team Player

Status

Absolutely love this guy atm.

2. These users say thanks for this post

AmericanHotspur (23-09-2011),Audere est Facere (23-09-2011),Jimmy Greaves (23-09-2011),orlandospursfan (23-09-2011),spursfast (23-09-2011),spursman18 (23-09-2011),StPaulSpur (23-09-2011),THFCsaunders (23-09-2011),Yidington (23-09-2011)

these are small those cows are far away

Status
    That's why I gave him my highest rating for this match - the glue that helps to keep the midfield ticking over (mixing my metaphors here). Bring in Sandro and you'll have the best defensive midfield pairing in the EPL - simple as.

Legend !

Status
    what a player!

finally we got someone who is agressive + can tackle good and pass and hold the ball well.

that all combined was exactly what palacios and jenas couldnt do

Also parker is suprior to sandro in that aspect.

look how often he goes back to take the ball which allows modric to push further up the pitch..... thats usually something modric always does.

you are having a laugh capello if u put back lampard in the lineup for england instead of parker.

Legend !

Status
    There was a lot of criticism about Parker, from a lot of members including myself. Not anymore. What a player he has been. and for 5m too.

6. Who Thanked this post

spursfast (23-09-2011)

these are small those cows are far away

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanHotspur View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There was a lot of criticism about Parker, from a lot of members including myself. Not anymore. What a player he has been. and for 5m too.
    I plead guilty on that too, although I never doubted he is a good player.

Legend !

Status
    I'm suprised by his close control of the ball. Both feet he just traps it with ease. Love the guy already.

Banned !

Status
    I would expect more players to play such simple and yet very effective football.. well done for him..

First Team Player

Status
    I think Scott Parker's energy is infectious and me thinks it's one of the reasons why we one 2 straight games.

This guy is quickly becoming one of my favorite players. Hope this continues till the end of the season!

THTV Donator

Status
    He has done nothing less than what I expected. There was a reason he got the award he did. Any time I watched him playing for West Ham last year he was everywhere, doing the job of at least two players.

i got theseeeee cheeessseeburgers mannn

Status
    If this guy was 26, I honestly think Levy would have grabbed that 40 million in a heartbeat for Modric. 4-2-3-1 with Sandro and Parker holding and VDV attacking. Beautiful + 40 million in the bank. Chyeah.

Legend !

Status
    I've been championing for him since the start of the transfer window. Diarra may be a better player than him but the off-field qualities Parker brings to us would be much more. Parker himself admitted that he learnt a great deal from Claude Makelele himself. I hope Sandro and Thudd can also learn from Parker's game and improve themselves. He can play here until he retires for all I'm concerned. He can become a great mentor and character to have around. Certainly beats other triffic players like Phil Neville.

14. Who Thanked this post

MagnaThor (23-09-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Yeah, I was one of those who really wondered why we needed him. It seemed like a classic Harry move to me and I mean that in the Phil Neville, Joe Cole sense so it's not a compliment. But damn. He's proved me wrong. Top class. So glad we got him and yeah, for 5 million he's a steal.

Legend !

Status
    Also, got to say it: How is it that of Liverpool, Arsenal, and Spurs the club with the least worrisome midfield somehow snagged the best midfielder to move to one of those clubs this summer? I mean, if you're Liverpool and you're getting deals done in June and July, how on earth do you say "yeah, 20 million for Jordan Henderson and 10 for Charlie Adam but not 5 for Scott Parker." And Arsenal is even funnier. Looking objectively at that team, Parker addresses almost every single issue they have save the vacuum at CB. How does Wenger not sign him this summer? I mean, I'm as thrilled to benefit from the stupidity of Comolli and Wenger as anyone, but honestly, how does that happen?

Legend !

Status
    Scotty P was dominant. Glad Adebayor had his shirt tucked in for solidarity.

Someone needs to make a Modric compilation from this game...my word that will be ***y.

i got theseeeee cheeessseeburgers mannn

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by StPaulSpur View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also, got to say it: How is it that of Liverpool, Arsenal, and Spurs the club with the least worrisome midfield somehow snagged the best midfielder to move to one of those clubs this summer? I mean, if you're Liverpool and you're getting deals done in June and July, how on earth do you say "yeah, 20 million for Jordan Henderson and 10 for Charlie Adam but not 5 for Scott Parker." And Arsenal is even funnier. Looking objectively at that team, Parker addresses almost every single issue they have save the vacuum at CB. How does Wenger not sign him this summer? I mean, I'm as thrilled to benefit from the stupidity of Comolli and Wenger as anyone, but honestly, how does that happen?
    Seriously, this makes me (and should others on here as well) feel good about our recent windows. Look at how horrible Liverpool's are ending up to be. And Arsenal, it doesn't look like Mertesacker will be the CB for them they hoped him to be. Chelski... where to even start? Honestly, us and United have had the best recent windows than any other top 6 club. I'd be going as far to say as this past summer was our best window for a long while. We got Adebayor, Friedel for free, Parker for 5 million, got rid of Crouch, Palacios, and the Penus for a year at least. Great window, and when compared to the others, it's amazing. Really the only thing that was missing to make it perfect was G. Cahill.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter