Register To Comment

Thread: One big forum

Banned !

Status
    I was wondering what everybody thought of merging all forums into one big forum for everything including OT.

The biggest / most successful MBs are those where everybody goes to one forum and the discussion is focused and fast paced.

I dont think there is enough posters on here to sustain so many subforums.

Like a ghost town sometimes on here.

Admin THE GAFFA
    Owner/Admin

Status
    In short bud ..... it not gonna happen lol .

The other forums with only one or two forums on each are big because they have been going a good 7 - 10 years , we are still pretty new so its growing at a good pace where we dont get loads of crap posts like them other forums

3. These users say thanks for this post

Roscono3 (18-11-2009),Swanny (18-11-2009),thfcire (18-11-2009)

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverWire View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In short bud ..... it not gonna happen lol .

The other forums with only one or two forums on each are big because they have been going a good 7 - 10 years , we are still pretty new so its growing at a good pace where we dont get loads of crap posts like them other forums
    Well said Gaffa if it aint broke then don't fix it, I for one am very happy with what we have and like you say were still pretty new but most of our posts are of extremely good content

Banned !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Skipper View Post
    I was wondering what everybody thought of merging all forums into one big forum for everything including OT.

The biggest / most successful MBs are those where everybody goes to one forum and the discussion is focused and fast paced.

This is more than just a forum mate . This is the biggest most successful spurs forum .

Its a bit like Hotel California = you can check out anytime you like , but you just cant leave .

But more than that there are people here who are willing to help each other in all sorts of problems . I have visited most forums and they just dont measure up , most if not all of our posters bring quality to the discussions = we have people here that write for football magazines too . Plus there are links for those that cannot make it to the games . Most of all we dont tolerate *****s that come on here just to stir things up

As for it beeing like a ghost town = our members have jobs - so they need to sleep sometime , they dont sit around all day thinking up crap to post on a pointless forum full of other deadbeats .

I hope this helps

Regards Kev

Admin THE GAFFA
    Owner/Admin

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kevfball63 View Post
    This is more than just a forum mate . This is the biggest most successful spurs forum .

Its a bit like Hotel California = you can check out anytime you like , but you just cant leave .

But more than that there are people here who are willing to help each other in all sorts of problems . I have visited most forums and they just dont measure up , most if not all of our posters bring quality to the discussions = we have people here that write for football magazines too . Plus there are links for those that cannot make it to the games . Most of all we dont tolerate *****s that come on here just to stir things up

As for it beeing like a ghost town = our members have jobs - so they need to sleep sometime , they dont sit around all day thinking up crap to post on a pointless forum full of other deadbeats .

I hope this helps

Regards Kev

Def not the biggest spurs forum but IMO the best the others have floats of crap posts before you find a good one.

We have a good community here , it has been a little quite since you signed up in October Skipper so you havent seen the place in full swing yet.

Legend !

Status
    Hell yeah it's the best, nothing wrong with the forum numbers at the moment, getting a couple of hundred posts a day which is plenty fast paced, and as for the running posts on the match day weekends, it gets pretty busy.

Without the sub forums I think it would be a little to messy.

Legend !

Status
    It makes you wonder when a new member signs up and after a few posts starts a thread like this call me cynical if you like but..................................

champions league vip

Status
    I think this forum is superb and i like the fact you get to know other posters. I dont know why he started this really cos imo theres plenty of posters on here and you can have great convos with other fellow yids.

Legend !

Status
    not fussed either way, i only ever click on unread posts and then go from there

Admin THE GAFFA
    Owner/Admin

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBillyNick View Post
    not fussed either way, i only ever click on unread posts and then go from there
    Yeah same here , i dont think ive actually browsed through the category's for months lol

Banned !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverWire View Post
    Yeah same here , i dont think ive actually browsed through the category's for months lol

What categories ???

talking in the wind

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Skipper View Post

thanks for the input,but i think everyone on here will give it a miss.ive been to all the spurs forums and this is the best one by a mile.everyones opinion is heard and disscussed even when theyre wrong in a fair and even manner.theres a vast array of topics because during seasons we need something to keep our minds off all the bollox being shouted about transfers.this forum gets bigger every year but not too big that it cant be enjoyed by everyone.the fact that so many people stay for so long on here is all down to the way its run and the fact that its so welcoming,so in short dont believe everything your missus tells you ,size doesnt really matter coys

14. These users say thanks for this post

kevfball63 (18-11-2009),Luke0405 (19-11-2009)

champions league vip

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by thfcire View Post
    thanks for the input,but i think everyone on here will give it a miss.ive been to all the spurs forums and this is the best one by a mile.everyones opinion is heard and disscussed even when theyre wrong in a fair and even manner.theres a vast array of topics because during seasons we need something to keep our minds off all the bollox being shouted about transfers.this forum gets bigger every year but not too big that it cant be enjoyed by everyone.the fact that so many people stay for so long on here is all down to the way its run and the fact that its so welcoming,so in short dont believe everything your missus tells you ,size doesnt really matter coys

Yeah yeah You keep telling yourself that! It might make you feel better.....
    Last edited by Roscono3; 18-11-2009 at 07:56 PM.

Banned !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by thfcire View Post
    dont believe everything your missus tells you ,size doesnt really matter coys

PMSL , funny as fook .

17. Who Thanked this post

thfcire (18-11-2009)

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter