Register To Comment
    Admin THE GAFFA
    Owner/Admin

Status
    As you may have seen in the site notices Internet Explorer V6 and V7 support will be dropped later this year.
    This is due to the fact that vBulletin (our forum software) will drop support in the next major release (4.2),
    which entails removing CSS hacks that help IE6/7 at the detriment to other browsers.

NB: Internet Explorer V6 and V7 will not render the site correctly and you may find that you cannot post or see the site correctly using IE6/7 browsers .

These changes will make the technical support of THTV much easier, site speed and efficiency will become better

It also encourages people to move to better/faster/safer browsers.

THTV will officially support the following browsers on Windows, Mac and Linux ... (until advised otherwise)

• Internet Explorer: stable releases 8+
    • Firefox: all major stable releases starting from 4+ (e.g. 4., 5., etc.)
    • Safari: 5+
    • Chrome: latest stable
    • Opera: latest stable

THTV will not support alpha/beta (non stable) browser releases, use at your own risk.

Microsoft stopped support for these and so are most internet firms which basically means in the next 12 months they will be rendered useless to browse the web, There are currently 100,000 visitors a month still using IE7 and 10,000 still using IE6 . Alot of cases will be businesses , schools and collages still using it on their networks, not only are they putting them selves at risk but they are putting anyone who uses them at risk as security patches are no longer announced. Businesses have caused these browsers to stay in existence for this long and its good that alot of design and development firms are following suit and cleaning up the crap.

It will make my job a hell of a lot easier too which is good. Currently our Forum version is 4.1.10 , i would imagine there will be a couple more releases i.e 4.1.11 and 4.1.12 before 4.2 comes out, when it does we will be removing all support for those browsers. You have been warned so update now before its too late .

If you dont know what versions you are running you can go here : What browser am I using?

If that tells you that you are using IE6 or 7 then you need to upgrade , Im sure there are plenty of people to help those that find this stuff hard , just post in the computer forum inside the THFC bar.

2. Who Thanked this post

Javi (07-02-2012)

these are small those cows are far away

Status
    I only wish IE itself would be shut down - it's a crock of ****e. Just a personal opinion of course.

4. Who Thanked this post

Park Lane Yido (08-02-2012)

Admin THE GAFFA
    Owner/Admin

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivron View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I only wish IE itself would be shut down - it's a crock of ****e. Just a personal opinion of course.
    IE9 is kind of an improvement because they have started to allow CSS3 attributes which basically means you can create some pretty cool shading effects with out having to use images/photoshop to design, same for round corners etc. Chrome and Firefox have allowed for it for some time BUT yes IE is still a bag of ****. Im a firefox fan personally but chrome is good.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverWire View Post
    THTV will not support alpha/beta (non stable) browser releases, use at your own risk.
    Ohhhhh bitchy

Well I'm gonna carry on using FF11b, so there

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverWire View Post
    chrome is good.
    Yeah but Chrome fans are also like HTC fans.....they never shut up about it...even though it's not as good!!

BRING IT ON

8. Who Thanked this post

River (08-02-2012)

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter