Register To Comment

Status
    Barcelona have changed the habits of a lifetime and taken on shirt front sponsorship from the Qatar Foundation . The deal is worth 150 million euros over 6 years . UNICEF have been removed to the reverse of the new shirt under the number . To my eyes the new shirt is horrid .

This is the first time that they have taken on sponsors that they are being paid for , as the club actually pay UNICEF for displaying their name . this goes against the Club's code and repercussions are said to be looming

FC Barcelona reveals new Qatar sponsored shirt - Sport - ArabianBusiness.com

Last edited by Rev John Ripsher; 27-05-2011 at 07:29 AM.

I'm ***y and I know it

Status
    It's not a massive suprise really.

A massive club who need the money that this deal would generate.

It was very noble having a charity on the front of their shirt but it was not a sustainable business model really.

Status
    They showed the club shop on SSN when they were released and it looked like mad chaos.

Legend !

Status
    It was inevitable that they'd have to change...I'm sure Barcelona's fans would give up some of their values if it brought more success (if that's even possible?!?) to the club. Can't really blame them.

Also they are in debt I believe and are running at a large loss so again....it makes sense.

Horrible kit though, I hate thin stripes.
    Last edited by rossdfc; 27-05-2011 at 09:46 AM.

Player in Training

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rossdfc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was inevitable that they'd have to change...I'm sure Barcelona's fans would give up some of their values if it brought more success (if that's even possible?!?) to the club. Can't really blame them.

Also they are in debt I believe and are running at a large loss so again....it makes sense.

Horrible kit though, I hate thin stripes.

Thin AND wonkey FFS, hopefully the gooners will have something similar as an away kit and we can have a good laugh.

Legend !

Status
    Looks like for the 2nd year in a row, the only shirt I'll be buying is a Spurs one.

Banned !

Status
    they anounced that around 5 months ago

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboyyid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not a massive suprise really.

A massive club who need the money that this deal would generate.

It was very noble having a charity on the front of their shirt but it was not a sustainable business model really.
    This.........

First Team Player

Status
    Ugh Qatar.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter