Cristian Rodríguez

FC Porto

Oscar Cardozo

Benfica

Lucho González

FC Porto

Djalma

Marítimo
    Last edited by Rui Cardoso; 04-02-2009 at 03:26 AM.

Legend !

Status
    Am I missing something or is there a point to this post???????????????

Legend !

Status
    i think the point is... looking at their top 3 teams, and looking at the EPL... there just as f&cking predictable as each other,

Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo

Status
    Mickey mouse league.

Any decent players come to the EPL.

First Team Player

Status
    Well Porto were CL Champs in 2004 and Benfica have won it in the past and the top 3 teams in Liga Portuguesa are legit teams in the CL. Don't write the league off so quickly. It produced C Ronaldo, Deco, Javier Saviola, Ricardo Carvalho, and Luis Figo. Don't write the league off so quickly. Players to watch and possibly be sold to larger leaugues are Hulk Joao Moutinho, Luisao, Bruno Alves, Lucho Gonzales, and of course Lisandro Lopes moved to Lyon but he was one. As for the post it is pretty irrelevant.

Player in Training

Status
    I don't like those greasy Portugese ****s in general (especially Figo, Ronaldo, ...). They are snobbish arrogant ******s who think they invented the game. Call me short minded but I rather watch Yeovil play than any Portugese team.

Legend !

Status
    I think he's trying to tell us... don't bother watching the portuguese league!
    Man does that look ****e

First Team Player

Status
    I also don't like portugues players due to the theatrical side to their game but the league is not that bad.

First Team Player

Status
    Football in Portugal is very important. It always was. In the 40's and 50's, Sporting had the lead and was the best club in Portugal. The "5 violinos" were some of the best players in Europe at that time. They are financed by the Lisbon's Aristrocracy, while poor Benfica was struggling to steal the force of Sporting over portuguese football. But then, in the 60's, Benfica became the major sports force of Portugal and one of the best teams in the World. Costa Pereira, José Águas, José Augusto, José Torres, Simões, Mário Coluna and Eusebio made history in the club, by winning 2 Champions of European Football. During the 60's we were on 5 finals (against Barça and Real, which we won, Inter, AC Milan and Manchester United that we lost) and won several Portugal Cups and League Tittles. In the 70's portuguese football were still dominated by Benfica but Sporting gained force and break a part of the dominance... Things changed because Portugal became a democratical country and the players from colonies would play no longer for the Portugal National Team. But there were also, a lot of important names such as Humberto Coelho, Toni, Nene, Chalana, Alvaro Magalhaes, Alberto...

On the 80's Benfica were (again) the best club in the country, the most sucessfull.... We were in 87 Champions Final against PSV which he lost on penalties... Our great Captain Antonio Veloso failled to score the penalty and we lost. This decade were better in terms of Europe for Benfica but worse in national terms, comparing to the 70's... Antonio Veloso, Bento, Sheu, Rui Aguas(son of the Great José Aguas), Magnusson, Mozer were the best names of this decade... Sven Goran Eriksen was a very sucessfull coach were. He leaded the 82-84 generation(one of the best of our history).

The 90's was a turn in portuguese football. Porto start to gain the dominance. Pinto da Costa, their chairman, an almost 80 years old man(who is now dating a 25 years girl) is one of the most corrupt man in Portugal. He protected Yuran(a Porto Player) from going jail, when he had kill a man. He bought refs to help them win leagues and cups... hookers were hired by Pinto da Costa to paid to the refs... Jacinto Paixão said he was intimidated by dirigents of Porto if he doesnt help them on the pitch. Carolina Salgado, Pinto da Costa ex-wife, wrote a book "Eu, Carolina", where she confess all of her ex-husband crimes. Obviouslly, Benfica and Sporting were not competent to stop this, and they both start to fall..
    And more, it was a jornal, controlled by Porto, that set their fundation date to 1890, to be considerated the older portuguese club...

For example, portuguese football is still not "clear". the guy who used to pay the hookers for they services with referees, Fernando Gomes, is now the major candidate for the Portuguese Federation of Football, and he will probably win.. In the last decade Porto continued to win, however, with a lower difference... While Benfica(2) and Sporting(2) won together 4 league tittles, Porto won 6. Lets see from now on...

League tittles:
    Benfica - 32
    Porto - 25
    Sporting - 18
    Belensenses - 1
    Boavista - 1

European Tittles:
    Benfica 2 (1961 and 1962)
    Porto 2 (1986 and 2004)

In recent years, after the Bosman law, things changed a lot. Some mid table clubs declined, Estrela, Marítimo, Varzim... There are a lot of brasilians playing here. Fact which I'm against. But the football itself is improving. Actually, Portugal have one of the best leagues in Europe... It's very technicist and fast. Not as fast as English, and not as technicist as Spanish, let's be honest.

English
    Spanish
    Germany
    Italien
    French
    Portugal
    Russien
    Ukraine. I think this is the current FIFA's top... And i agree with it.
    Last edited by portuguese; 13-10-2011 at 08:52 PM.

10. Who Thanked this post

1van (13-10-2011)

First Team Player

Status
    This weekend we have a Sporting-Porto which can be very usefull to see who is going to win. If Sporting wins, they are coming back in the race for the tittle, if they don´t, Porto will continue to share the lead with Benfica.

I want my local rivals to win lol

12. Who Thanked this post

BlueCrew LA (02-01-2012)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by portuguese View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This weekend we have a Sporting-Porto which can be very usefull to see who is going to win. If Sporting wins, they are coming back in the race for the tittle, if they don´t, Porto will continue to share the lead with Benfica.

I want my local rivals to win lol
    Lets go Sporting!

First Team Player

Status
    Onyewu scored the equializer yesterday for them lool. He is probably going to the bench because they signed a new centre back from Sao Paulo, Xandão. "Captain America" is not impressing here!

First Team Player

Status
    Sporting 0 - 0 Porto FT'

The winner with this result is Benfica.

Status
    Captain America did his part.

First Team Player

Status
    Is Onyewu having a good spell at Lisabon? He was really one of the best defenders in the belgian league a few years ago.

Hope he's all right even if I still support an other team.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter