Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i love abit of niall quinn me

Status
    When the Spurs fans got attacked in Rome last week, and Ashley Mills almost died, some of those injured will have required extra blood - so im calling on all SPurs fans, as a tribute to the attack, to become blood donors, one day you or a a loved one might need it.
    I have donated for the last 30 years, and have now done 54 donations - Im glad I was persuaded to start, despite not initially enjoying it, I used to do it 1 a year, but now do it 3X a year if possible - its much improved now.
    In that time Ive worked with a guy whose kid developed leukemia, despite much medication and blood transfusions - did unfrotunately die , after which he also became a donor, my wives best friend has also benefitted whilst battling breast and bone cancer and a good friends baby almost died close to birth - none of the adults were blood donors, but were only too happy to accept - dont be one of them and do it in honour of one of our own surviving because others donated - cheeers

2. These users say thanks for this post

Athenspur (28-11-2012),aussienh (28-11-2012),donatorDorsetSpursFan (28-11-2012),Harry Hotspur (28-11-2012),Hiccup99 (28-11-2012),Minor (28-11-2012),moe888 (28-11-2012),ParkLaneMal (28-11-2012),Roscono3 (28-11-2012),The Cryptkeeper (28-11-2012)

Legend !

Status
    You make a good point. People would happily accept someone else's donated blood to save their own lives or their loved ones but many arent registered themselves. You've sort of convinced me to donate too.

4. These users say thanks for this post

ParkLaneMal (28-11-2012),unclepeas (30-11-2012)

Banned !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by moe888 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You make a good point. People would happily accept someone else's donated blood to save their own lives or their loved ones but many arent registered themselves. You've sort of convinced me to donate too.
    I would love to but cant... have always wanted to and found out when i was younger that it wasnt an option... looking forwards to Moe posting a before spritely and afetr maybe not so picture at the blood bank!!

Legend !

Status
    Brilliant thread @Wotspur . I have been donating blood for 44 years and a few years ago started to donate platelets. Only yesterday I made my 178 donation. There is a serious lack of both blood donors and a very serious lack of platelet donors. Platelets are so important in fighting cancers.
    The very first time I gave blood, within a couple of months, I was on the receiving end and undergoing a very serous operation. So it could happen to you or your love ones.
    Come on Yids let's make some good come out of the bad.
    It's only a little prick!!!!
    http://www.blood.co.uk/platelets/
    http://www.blood.co.uk/giving-blood/...blood-centres/
    Last edited by ParkLaneMal; 28-11-2012 at 11:01 AM.

7. These users say thanks for this post

The Cryptkeeper (28-11-2012),donatorWotspur (28-11-2012)

Legend !

Status
    Sign in for organ donations too while you're at it.

9. Who Thanked this post

ParkLaneMal (28-11-2012)

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Athenspur View Post
    NHSBT - Organ Donation - Home

i love abit of niall quinn me

Status
    Loved that sketch, where they came for the donation whilst the person was still alive - come on you signed up for donation and at the first time of asking you back out....

I tested for Platlet donation, but they have enough trouble getting the blood, deep veins and they twitch, normally it gets left to the most experienced person on duty to get the needle in - anyway I always go to Stanmore, generally at luchtime, free sarnie, packet of crisps and a nice lemon squash - that saves a good couple of quid

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Wotspur View Post
    Loved that sketch, where they came for the donation whilst the person was still alive - come on you signed up for donation and at the first time of asking you back out....

I tested for Platlet donation, but they have enough trouble getting the blood, deep veins and they twitch, normally it gets left to the most experienced person on duty to get the needle in - anyway I always go to Stanmore, generally at luchtime, free sarnie, packet of crisps and a nice lemon squash - that saves a good couple of quid
    In the old days they would give you a bottle of Guinness. LOL..Likewise, I always do lunch time (Cambridge) for the sarnies and crisps and copious amounts of tea.
    I'm lucking, my veins stand out.

First Team Player

Status
    Ok, you've convinced me. i am a donor anyway but haven't been for a couple of years mainly due to my 'preferred' centre changing their hours to morning and afternoon only when i'm at work.
    I'll stop using that as an excuse and go somewhere else.
    It would help if i got sarnies and crisps though! A small plastic cup of weak squash and a custard cream is all i've ever got.

To anyone worrying about it, I've always found it quite relaxing. Don't often get the opportunity to have a 10 minute lie down after work.

14. Who Thanked this post

unclepeas (30-11-2012)

Legend !

Status
    Had my first donation at the start of this year. Been putting off going back since I was playing football all year, then went Thailand beginning of September. I tried to book in last month but because of the malaria risk, I can't donate blood again until January unfortunatly. As other people have said, it is quite relaxing, and some of the nurses weren't too bad either.

16. Who Thanked this post

unclepeas (30-11-2012)

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TettenhallHotspur View Post
    Ok, you've convinced me. i am a donor anyway but haven't been for a couple of years mainly due to my 'preferred' centre changing their hours to morning and afternoon only when i'm at work.
    I'll stop using that as an excuse and go somewhere else.
    It would help if i got sarnies and crisps though! A small plastic cup of weak squash and a custard cream is all i've ever got.

To anyone worrying about it, I've always found it quite relaxing. Don't often get the opportunity to have a 10 minute lie down after work.
    IMO, companies should be legally obliged to allow employees time off from work to attend blood donor sessions. 2 hrs paid time off, is little when saving a life.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ParkLaneMal View Post
    IMO, companies should be legally obliged to allow employees time off from work to attend blood donor sessions. 2 hrs paid time off, is little when saving a life.
    The army does that here in Greece (2 days off for every donation). Probably the only thing they got right.

THTV Donator

Status
    The army does that here in Greece (2 days off for every donation). Probably the only thing they got right.
    2 days off? All I get ay the local village hall is a cup of tea and a biscuit! When I was living in Australia they wouldn't take my blood because being British I obviously had Mad Cow Disease - actually that would explain quite a lot.

Legend !

Status
    Read this tread and link with 'My Special Day' thread and donate and help those with cancer and many other illnesses and injuries.

talking in the wind

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ParkLaneMal View Post
    In the old days they would give you a bottle of Guinness. LOL..Likewise, I always do lunch time (Cambridge) for the sarnies and crisps and copious amounts of tea.
    I'm lucking, my veins stand out.
    i think they still give you a pint over here to this day,but they give free pints away with everything over here lol

22. Who Thanked this post

ParkLaneMal (05-12-2012)

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter