Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Legend !

Status
    Tottenham defender Ledley King to reject pay-as-you-play deal | Mail Online

Saw that in the daily mail, so don't know how true it is, but how does everyone feel about ledley only receiving a pay as you play? I would like to see him guaranteed a job afterwords with the youth teams if thats going to be the case.

Legend !

Status
    i would offer him a kinda of pay as you play deal, something like 10k per week but a bonus of 30k if he plays a game that week...

I really hope he doesn't leave it would be weird seeing him in another shirt

Legend!

Status
    tough call tbh, yes he is a legend and one i hope stays with us for years to come on the coaching staff. cant blame spurs for offering pay as play and cant blame ledders for turning it down. how long will spurs continue to pay ledders a full years money when he can only play half of it? as said tough call lol

Legend !

Status
    Give him his full deal, let him play half the games & when he's not playing put him through every coaching badge & training course FA, Uefa & FIFA has to offer

5. These users say thanks for this post

AnthonyFroom (10-02-2012),Audere est Facere (10-02-2012),harlow spur (10-02-2012),Javi (14-02-2012),liam (10-02-2012),StPaulSpur (14-02-2012),thfcshady27 (11-02-2012)

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Yidington View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Give him his full deal, let him play half the games & when he's not playing put him through every coaching badge & training course FA, Uefa & FIFA has to offer
    Well... shall we just email that to Mr Levy then? Ledders already came out and said even he doesnt see himself playing for any other team which would cement him as a one club legend, even among footballers through out time. Of course, the argument of best defender in the world if it wasnt for his knees will always be the question. infinitely better than any other English defender out there though... except Daws maybe.

Legend !

Status
    ....Then give him a normal contract. Simples.

8. These users say thanks for this post

Audere est Facere (10-02-2012),donatorModric, level 25 magician (10-02-2012)

Legend !

Status
    Ledley puts his future on the line for this club and every time he plays for us. His problem is never going to get any better, the guy can't even have a kick about with his son yet he still puts himself through the pain of playing for Spurs. He loves THFC and is Spurs through and through. For me he is the only player I would give a full contract to even though we know he can't play all the time because he may need every penny he can get when he struggles to walk to the bathroom in years to come. Playing for Spurs could cripple him in later life but he still plays on and gives everything he has every time he plays prima donna he is not but rewarding for his efforts he does deserve. He is also our captain and should be paid like a captain....

Oh Ledley, Ledley!!!!

10. These users say thanks for this post

Audere est Facere (10-02-2012),boo (10-02-2012),gomes4life (10-02-2012),hendey (10-02-2012),marktheyid (13-02-2012),Mattads1882 (11-02-2012),donatorModric, level 25 magician (10-02-2012),spursfast (14-02-2012),spursmatt (10-02-2012),StPaulSpur (14-02-2012)

Legend !

Status
    Daily Mail.......nuff said.

12. These users say thanks for this post

AnthonyFroom (10-02-2012),HarryBlueNose (11-02-2012)

Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo

Status
    Give the **** a fookin pay rise.

look at our form with him as opposed to without him.

14. These users say thanks for this post

Audere est Facere (10-02-2012),donatorconor1 (10-02-2012),gomes4life (10-02-2012),liam (10-02-2012)

Legend !

Status
    he needs to be rewarded for club loyalty
    club needs to be rewarded for King loyalty
    We need to keep his experience and wisdom in the club. Imagine, being 14-15 and getting CB coaching by the smartest guy to have played that role.

I have no doubt this is a non story and both parties want to find a solution and therefore will.

Who still reads the Daily Mail. What a vial piece of sh1t paper. I wouldn't even wrap my chips in it, just in case i caught something foul.

16. Who Thanked this post

liam (10-02-2012)

First Team Player

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by P UNIT 1980 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Give the **** a fookin pay rise.

look at our form with him as opposed to without him.
    agreed. except for you calling our captain a vagina

18. Who Thanked this post

jonspurs (10-02-2012)

Legend !

Status
    I love Ledley King! Stick another 0 on his paycheck Levy!

Legend !

Status
    Remember guys their is no agenda against us ****ing **** week

Status

Status
    You'd think the DM could at least change the photo of him in their article from December 30th ^^ see above and February 10th

Ledley admitted he knows nothing about playing a number of games and getting a new deal.

He needs a 1 year deal, he's worth it and given more than enough to the club to deserve it.

23. Who Thanked this post

liam (10-02-2012)

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter