Register To Comment
Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott Parker

Legend !

Status
    Bale on Parker: "Parkerís a leader, I think he shows that on the pitch. Heís quite aggressive and he plays with his heart on his sleeve. He rallies us up before games and gets us motivated."

‚ÄėThere‚Äôs no doubt Tottenham can finish top four‚Äô ‚Äď Gareth Bale cements belief at White Hart Lane following Liverpool rout - Goal.com

Nice to see Parker already starting to work his influence.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bale on Parker: "Parker’s a leader, I think he shows that on the pitch. He’s quite aggressive and he plays with his heart on his sleeve. He rallies us up before games and gets us motivated."

‚€˜There‚€™s no doubt Tottenham can finish top four‚€™ ‚€“ Gareth Bale cements belief at White Hart Lane following Liverpool rout - Goal.com

Nice to see Parker already starting to work his influence.
    This is what we have been missing. In games against Wigan and Blackpool last season Parker would have made sure we started quick and put them down well before the final whistle. He will be a fantastic asset to us whether he is on the pitch or not.

boo

Status
    ok so a few months into his time in lilywhite and we are finding it easy to talk aboot the many positives that he brings to the table. maybe it's time to have a look at his negatives, if any? i guess it's easy to get caught up in the hype of the moment and forget aboot them.

Legend !

Status
    Why are some fans obsessed with players negatives? All we seem to get on here. Just effing enjoy us playing some of the best football in our life time.

5. Who Thanked this post

boo (29-11-2011)

Legend !

Status
    the only negative would be if he were to get injured, and maybe his age... but i can see him finishing his career as a Spurs player in 3-4 years (maybe more)

THTV Donator

Status
    He seems to be one of those players who reaches his peak later than normal (around 30) much like Drogba did, I can see him keeping up this standard for a few more seasons to be honest, it's not like he relies on pace and that's one of the first things to go when you get older.

boo

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyvw View Post
    Why are some fans obsessed with players negatives? All we seem to get on here. Just effing enjoy us playing some of the best football in our life time.
    not at all mate, just asking. is there such as thing as the perfect footballer? of course there isn't but, he isn't as confident on the ball as some around him. play is often broken up in both directions in this respect. lennon is similar. they give the ball away too often. but obviously you can not judge his input on this alone as his strengths are many that merit the team both on and off the park.

for me though, he wouldn't start, but then neither would the other new first team player; friedel, corluka, dawson, king, ekotto, lennon, huddlestone, modric, bale, van der vaart, adebayor

don't get me wrong, i'm not saying that either are bad players, just not as good as the ones in that team i don't reckon. nor am i saying that i am not enjoying the ride. of course i'm loving it! the main reason being that all of those above players have chemistry and compliment each other. with maybe the exception of adebayor but to be fair to him, he has slotted in very well. i think that is our strongest team.

First Team Player

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by boo View Post
    not at all mate, just asking. is there such as thing as the perfect footballer? of course there isn't but, he isn't as confident on the ball as some around him. play is often broken up in both directions in this respect. lennon is similar. they give the ball away too often. but obviously you can not judge his input on this alone as his strengths are many that merit the team both on and off the park.

for me though, he wouldn't start, but then neither would the other new first team player; friedel, corluka, dawson, king, ekotto, lennon, huddlestone, modric, bale, van der vaart, adebayor

don't get me wrong, i'm not saying that either are bad players, just not as good as the ones in that team i don't reckon. nor am i saying that i am not enjoying the ride. of course i'm loving it! the main reason being that all of those above players have chemistry and compliment each other. with maybe the exception of adebayor but to be fair to him, he has slotted in very well. i think that is our strongest team.
    you serious!! scott parker has the highest passing accuracy in the whole league. and kyle walker > corluka nuff said.

boo

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Yesh! View Post
    you serious!! scott parker has the highest passing accuracy in the whole league. and kyle walker > corluka nuff said.
    technically that might be correct. and i'm not complaining aboot the fact that he plays for tottenham. it's his body shape. the way he approaches the ball. by the by, he has proven to be a rock in the centre of the midfield so far since signing and certainly an upgrade on our previous No. 8. again though, it's more than that. the blend between corluka and lennon, huddlestone to his left, modric next to him, bale on his left, ekotto behind with van der vaart in front of them all. it has a great balance, great chemistry although, maybe technically, physically, mentally, or for what ever reason, some of the other players in the squad could lay claim to a place in the starting line up in their respective positions. it a great position to be in and you could argue that it is 1 of the reasons, because of the competitions for places, that the team are on such a high.

Status
    The only negative is that we didnt sign him sooner.......

Legend !

Status
    I've been talking with some Newcastle fans about the game. You know how Parker always like to do the turn to get around players on his arse? Apparently they call it the gay spin.

Legend !

Status
    He's an all around old school type of player... Hell he even looks like a player from the 50's

Player in Training

Status
    Is a good midfielder, I saw him when he was an Hammer! Is an expert player and could be important for Sandro & Huddlestone! He will teach them! But he took too much yellow card

First Team Player

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by boo View Post
    technically that might be correct. and i'm not complaining aboot the fact that he plays for tottenham. it's his body shape. the way he approaches the ball. by the by, he has proven to be a rock in the centre of the midfield so far since signing and certainly an upgrade on our previous No. 8. again though, it's more than that. the blend between corluka and lennon, huddlestone to his left, modric next to him, bale on his left, ekotto behind with van der vaart in front of them all. it has a great balance, great chemistry although, maybe technically, physically, mentally, or for what ever reason, some of the other players in the squad could lay claim to a place in the starting line up in their respective positions. it a great position to be in and you could argue that it is 1 of the reasons, because of the competitions for places, that the team are on such a high.

Are you serious ? The guy has been one of our best players this season. Works his arse off in every game, King himself has said that having a guy like Parker in team helps defenders A LOT and makes their life easier. He is one of the reasons, we have been so good defensively. He is just the kind of player we were missing. Of course everyone are titeled to have their own opinion, but I seriously thought that every Spurs fan are crying rainbows when Scotty is playing. Looks like I was wrong.

When we are talking about negative sides, I see only two aspects- first he could be a few years younger, and second- he seems to freeze when he reaches the attacking third, at times. I don't remember what game was it but he was running into counter attack, and then he had a brainfreeze and he slowed down, even though he had players in great positions. But for forward play there are other players in our team. Theese little disadvantages are nothing compared to what he brings to our team... Huge respect to the guy, without him we wouldn't be where we are today.

boo

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSpurEST View Post
    Are you serious ? The guy has been one of our best players this season. Works his arse off in every game, King himself has said that having a guy like Parker in team helps defenders A LOT and makes their life easier. He is one of the reasons, we have been so good defensively. He is just the kind of player we were missing. Of course everyone are titeled to have their own opinion, but I seriously thought that every Spurs fan are crying rainbows when Scotty is playing. Looks like I was wrong.

When we are talking about negative sides, I see only two aspects- first he could be a few years younger, and second- he seems to freeze when he reaches the attacking third, at times. I don't remember what game was it but he was running into counter attack, and then he had a brainfreeze and he slowed down, even though he had players in great positions. But for forward play there are other players in our team. Theese little disadvantages are nothing compared to what he brings to our team... Huge respect to the guy, without him we wouldn't be where we are today.
    so, you are saying exactly the same thing as i am then.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter