Register To Comment
Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Carroll

First Team Player

Status

Seems like a good lad and played very well at Orient last season. Looks to have a bright future.

2. These users say thanks for this post

BlueCrew LA (29-06-2011),donatordeejbah (30-06-2011)

Status
    Thanks there's barely any video on this kid. There's that one grainy video of him dribbling past a few defenders for Orient.

Carroll and Luongo have a lot of potential.
    Last edited by BlueCrew LA; 29-06-2011 at 05:41 PM.

Legend !

Status
    Is it just me or does he look like he is alot younger than 19?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by IH8GOONS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it just me or does he look like he is alot younger than 19?
    He just turned 19 last month but he's one of those guys that's always gonna look young for his age.

I'm ***y and I know it

Status
    Carrol & Kane could prove to be big for the club in a few years.

@spursman18 will know more about him

7. Who Thanked this post

spursman18 (30-06-2011)

Status
    What really impressed me about Tom was that on his first loan out he had a direct impact at his loan club. He came in and really did well and had a lot of Orient fans praising his ability. He has a great eye for a pass and he ran their central midfield in a few games. It was strange though, towards the end of his loan as well as our other loanees there (Kane & M-Poku) were used off and on as opposed to the beginning of their loan when they were getting regular games. I couldnt come across a reason why this happened, but his performances didnt seem to drop all that much. It'll be interesting to see how he does out on loan, and if he makes the step up to the Championship next season. A few of the academy players nicknamed him the "new Modric" so if thats anything to go by he has a bright future if he can break through.

Legend !

Status
    He looks about 14 haha.

Seemed like he's got his head screwed on properly, with the drinking comments and such, which is always a good sign in young players. It would be awesome if we can get some of these youth players throughto the first team.

Bit weird that the only real video out there is a Dutch TV interview...haha

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancubus View Post
    He looks about 14 haha.

Seemed like he's got his head screwed on properly, with the drinking comments and such, which is always a good sign in young players. It would be awesome if we can get some of these youth players throughto the first team.

Bit weird that the only real video out there is a Dutch TV interview...haha
    I think it's because they're playing a tournament out there.... I think...

THTV Donator

Status
    Is it from the most recent tournament that they played in?

Also, good to hear that he is talking about becoming stronger with his non-dominant foot.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by deejbah View Post

Also, good to hear that he is talking about becoming stronger with his non-dominant foot.
    Yeah, its from the Copa Amsterdam youth tournament that we played in last month.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by deejbah View Post

I'm glad to hear he's been reading this forum....

VIP Member

Status
    I was so impressed with this lad tonight. He looks like he should be in prep school but he was excellent. For such a little lad he was quite tough on the ball too! He was so committed and on the few occasions he lost the ball he worked so hard to get it back.In possession tho he was probably the best on the pitch, certainly until Niko came on. I really was impressed by him, and he was everywhere too and always wanted the ball.All out youngsters did well, but he really stood out for me

15. These users say thanks for this post

Chivalry (25-08-2011),Dancubus (25-08-2011)

groany fooker lol

Status
    got to agree their bass, carroll was the stand out player for me tonight. give him a few years to bulk up a bit and hes gonna have a hell of a career me thinks

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by basskadet View Post
    I was so impressed with this lad tonight. He looks like he should be in prep school but he was excellent. For such a little lad he was quite tough on the ball too! He was so committed and on the few occasions he lost the ball he worked so hard to get it back.In possession tho he was probably the best on the pitch, certainly until Niko came on. I really was impressed by him, and he was everywhere too and always wanted the ball.All out youngsters did well, but he really stood out for me
    Absolutely 100% agree, i dont like to make comparisons as i feel each player should be thought of as individual. But i remember a certain similar debut not so long ago by a scouse whos still very famous up there, to this day.

The guy ran for everything. Apparently he was on right wing? (wasnt paying much attention to the formation other than names) he definetly looked like a composed central midfield. Like he had been playing for years! His pass to set up Kane to earn the penalty was sublime aswell, perfectly weighted with nothing but a reflex to take the chance to make the pass.

Status
    Like I said in the match thread I project him as a deep lying play-maker, even though he wasn't to creative today. I just think he needs to get some games. He hasn't really played many competitive matches, unless you count reserve matches. Hopefully with that performance he'll get some championship sides looking at him. I mean seriously if I was a bottom half to mid table championship side how could I argue against making a bid for him. He obviously can cut it, he just needs some experience. As some have said he's pretty light but at one point during the match he held off a player quite successfully on the touchline and kept possession. He doesn't need to bulk up that much, I just think he needs to get used to the physicality.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter