Register To Comment
    Legend !

Status
    Link: Palacios out for three weeks | Sky Sports | Football | Premier League | News

Tottenham will be without midfield enforcer Wilson Palacios for three weeks after undergoing minor surgery on his right knee.

The Honduras international, who has not played for Spurs since the 3-1 defeat at Blackpool in February, reported the injury after Thursday's training session.

The former Wigan Athletic man has made 20 Premier League appearances for Spurs this term, although Sandro has impressed of late and is likely to continue in Harry Redknapp's side.

Palacios will miss the club's league game at home to West Ham on 19th March, but he could have an outside chance of facing the Latics at the start of next month.

"Wilson Palacios has undergone an arthroscopy on his right knee today," read a statement on the club's official website.‬

"The Honduras international midfielder is expected to be sidelined for up to three weeks after reporting the injury to our medical staff after training on Thursday.‬"

Well I think we now know the reason as to why he wasn't in the team or even in the squad against Milan.

Legend !

Status
    Well atleast we got sandro as cover for him. And hopefully Tom huddlestone should be back playing soon, and with bale back, the midfield is looking rather tidy IMO.

I am the Drei of all the Icons

Status
    Good job Sandro has started playing well.

Legend !

Status
    We cant afford any more injuries, we need a fit squad for the run in.

Legend !

Status
    More Sandro!

I'm ***y and I know it

Status
    Not happy about the injury but with the way Sandro is playing hopefully we will not miss Sarge.

Legend !

Status
    Lots of pressure on Sandro all of a sudden, not convinced he is up to speed with the league but great for Europeon games.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter