Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Legend !

Status
    BBC Sport - Football - Michael Dawson returns to Tottenham training

This is great news Yids. We have missed the lad big time. Yes, Kaboul and Gallas have stepped in and done brilliant for Daws and Ledley but having Daws back shortly, is like one of the family returning. He will get a brilliant reception at the Lane on his return.

2. These users say thanks for this post

bradders (03-12-2010),Bristolfromtottenham (29-11-2010),charlotterio (27-11-2010),SE YIDO (04-12-2010),thfcire (26-11-2010),THFCWill (03-12-2010)

Legend !

Status
    At long long last it looks like Michael is back for the Brum game, albeit on the bench.
    'There is only One Michael Dawson'

Status
    He wont play imo, but I reckon if Bassong doesnt have the best of games he'll play against Chelsea.

Legend !

Status
    Does Seb have a bad game Spursman? But Daws is one of the first on the team sheet.

Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo

Status
    Hope he hits the ground running.

Legend !

Status
    I'm actually quite excited to see Bassong get a run. I thought he was good when he came on against Liverpool. He deserves an opportunity as he has been on the bench for quite a bit now.

On point, though, getting our Dawson back is huge.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ParkLaneMal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does Seb have a bad game Spursman? But Daws is one of the first on the team sheet.
    It'll be interesting to see if Bassong can continue what he did against Liverpool. I think he'll slide in just fine and do a job for us. Daws to start against Chelsea

Legend!

Status
    great news

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by P UNIT 1980 View Post
    Hope he hits the ground running.

I hope he doesn't hit the ground at all .......

Player in Training

Status
    Future of England tbh

Legend !

Status
    i could see dawson being an england vice captain at one point got the right kind of captain attributes- tough as old boots and leads by example. I love his commitment and you can tell he's learnt a lot playing next to ledley. The thing that stops him being world class is his lack of pace- watching him turn and run is just funny sometimes like a supertanker turning round. Also his tendency to hoof the ball is wasteful now we're a good footballing team although i noticed when he played against chelsea he was passing the ball more.

Legend !

Status
    It isn't Dawson that worried me but who in the longer term accompanies him - King, Gallas have limited careers, others are less than the quality we need!

I'm sure we wouldn't be alone in fancying Gary Cahill in the January transfer window - probably cost c.15M but his age and ability make him look a decent buy.

The spanner in the works is Woodgate's return to training which could free the transfer funds up for other positions we need to strengthen!

First Team Player

Status
    I reckon that Caulker and Dawson is our future CB pairing. Can see why we bought Khumalo though

15. Who Thanked this post

spursman18 (24-12-2010)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SE YIDO View Post
    I reckon that Caulker and Dawson is our future CB pairing. Can see why we bought Khumalo though
    Caulker Daws for the 2012/2013 season for sure.....Khumalo I feel was a cheap purchase that was used in a way to get the player's career started since we have a partnership with SuperSport. It's not like we've spend a lot of money on him so if he doesnt work out I'm sure another club in the PL will snap him up if he shows some talent.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlotti View Post
    It isn't Dawson that worried me but who in the longer term accompanies him - King, Gallas have limited careers, others are less than the quality we need!

I'm sure we wouldn't be alone in fancying Gary Cahill in the January transfer window - probably cost c.15M but his age and ability make him look a decent buy.

The spanner in the works is Woodgate's return to training which could free the transfer funds up for other positions we need to strengthen!
    It's not worth paying out 10-15 million for another CB, who will hinder the progress of Steven Caulker. By the time King/Woody/Gallas retire which IMO will be in 2/3 seasons time it'll be the perfect time for Caulker to step in. I cant see as of right now with how much he's progressed that he wont be our starting CB alongside Daws in the future. I also see Caulker being a future Spurs captain himself.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter