Register To Comment
    First Team Player

Status
    Now that Ive just joined this great community, Id be curious to hear what you guys think about Teemu Tainio who played here couple seasons ago. How do you rate him as a player and what you think about his years at Spurs?

Dont be shy with your comments even though he is from Finland as well as I am. Feel free to critisize

2. Who Thanked this post

brainiac (27-10-2010)

Welcome back Contrast!

Status
    I like him, but he was never good enough to take us to the next level.

Legend !

Status

Amazing.

5. These users say thanks for this post

brainiac (27-10-2010),Ekad (26-10-2010),Underboob (28-10-2010)

Welcome back Contrast!

Status
    PMSL! I love that! "Look at the score . . Look!"

Status
    Not a bad player by any means , but just not good enough in today's team .

THTV Donator

Status
    @ Figgy's link - I was crapping myself at that segment of the game hoping for the ref to blow the whistle. But that clip just shows Teemu's experience in running down the clock. Well worth the yellow card.

First Team Player

Status
    I always liked him, he'd get stuck in and had a touch of quality in his passing. He was never the fastest or strongest but he did a decent job for us wherever we asked him to play.

Player in Training

Status
    He has played only a couple minutes at Ajax but I liked how he played against Real while our whole team was acting like some teenyboppers in a meeting. I am a litle bit worried about his physical state though. He seems so pick up a lot of injuries.

First Team Player

Status
    Reading your opinnions Im glad to hear that the Tottenham family values Teemus services. He is a fan of Spurs. Teemu is one of us for sure. I remember him saying at the interview for the finnish media when he made his debut in finnish premier division at the age of 17, that his dream is to play for Spurs one day. He made his dream come true and got to play for the club he allways supported as a boy. For that Im really happy for him.

Sadly as DeftonesFan mentioned injuries have been Teemus biggest worry in recent years. He has been injured more than he has been available. That has allso hurted our (finns) NT. At Auxerre Tainio hardly missed a game, but when he moved in England one injury followed another. Even though Teemu allways gave his all and did a decent job when he got to play for Spurs I dott think mr Tainio never was the same player he was in France (or to our NT when was playing healthy).

That youtube link brings memories to me as well. Tainio is definitely one of those players that you hate to play against. I remember when Auxerre played against Arsenal in CL group stages. That Auxerre - Arsenal game was a true joy to see full 90 minutes, because Teemu drove Patrick Vieira absolutely insane . And Teemu allways does that to opponents with a big smile on his face. If I remember right he was allso named MOM that game.

Summa summarum I think Teemu did ok job here, but never got to show what a player he could have been. I only hope that he can get away from his recent years injury madness and play the high level game for Ajax once more that he is capable of.

Thank you for the comments everybody!
    Last edited by TheTouni; 27-10-2010 at 04:17 AM.

Status
    What I liked about him was his versatility. He's a true professional. The game needs more of them.

Legend !

Status
    I liked him - a good solid squad player who always gave a 100% and could play in a few roles.

He was short of being top class but did a decent job fur us in his spell at the Lane.

talking in the wind

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Figgy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Amazing.
    i was sitting right beside that,i thought my swearing was bad ,some old fella in his 70s was giving drogba dogs abuse ,my old man and me were crying laughing

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter