Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Legend !

Status
    Younes Kaboul has everything in his locker to be a top player, according to his Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp.
    The 24-year-old had been out of the Spurs team for a month but returned on Saturday to form an impressive partnership at the heart of the defence against Everton.
    It was something that was duly noted by the Spurs chief who also signed Kaboul while he was manager at Portsmouth.
    "I thought Kaboul and Gallas did ever so well at the back together," said Redknapp.
    "Kaboul's got everything to be a top player. He lacks concentration at times. But he's got pace, he's great in the air, he can pass, can come out with the ball.
    "He's lightning quick, he's a great athlete - it's all there for him.
    "If he just gets his concentration and keeps working on his game, he's got everything to be an outstanding player."

Sky Sports | Tottenham Hotspur News | Football | Premier League | Kaboul 'destined' for the top

i agree with harry he looks like a top defender he was great against everton hope he keeps his form and plays even better in the coming matches

Status
    He certainly has improved from the player that was first brought in, I think his time at Pompey really helped him grow and now were lucky enough to have him back. Definitely agree with HR, he's going to be a great player for us whether its at CB or RB.

Status
    like a freight train coming forward. An absolute beast of an athlete, I thought he was crucial for us down the stretch last season. Little better in the decision making department and he'll be exactly what Harry says. I never rated him on his first go around with us, and was a little skeptical when he came back, but certainly glad he's here. One of our better players on Saturday.

Legend !

Status
    He really showed what he could do against Everton. Everything that has been said I agree with. He is versatile and adds talent in attack to his strength in defense.

Legend !

Status
    tbh i am glad we resigned him now... because he looks like he can become solid at the back for us... but i'm not going to lie... i thought he was dreadful for us 1st time around and when we sold him i was like 'thank fvck for that' and when we resigned him i was like 'wtf!' but he has proven to me that it was a good signing for us... and 'Arry can take all the credit for getting the best out of him...

Welcome back Contrast!

Status
    I actually rate Kaboul and think hes one of the last footballing defenders in the game. Reminds me of a young Ledley when he bursts forward from the defence and all of a sudden you see him at the edge of hte area.

My only gripe with him is unfortunatley he is prone to a mistake or two, and at centre back . . . . they are usually costly. Say what you will about whether the Everton free kick on the weekend was a free kick, but that is his problem. Always seems to do something rash.

I actually think he has the perfect attributes to be an absolutley amazing right back. And maybe out on the right, the mistakes may not be as costly . . . if you see what I'm saying?

I think the match against Man City last season proved that aswell.

Legend !

Status
    about the everton game it wasnt his fault yakubu new a challange was comin and fell down pretty easy i dont think it was his fault

Status
    Y'know if all our players played well , all at the same time , we'd be awesome !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Tottenham-ManU View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    about the everton game it wasnt his fault yakubu new a challange was comin and fell down pretty easy i dont think it was his fault
    Yeah but as a defender you have to be aware of where you are on the pitch when even attempting to make a challenge, as contrast said he is prone to a mistake or 2 and as little as a mistake that "challenge" was he should have just stood his ground and not attempted to even touch Yakubu.

Legend !

Status
    u got a point spursman but i remember the old kaboul where he did such idiotic mistakes n see him now thats a big change thiis what i meant !! all good hope he improves

Player in Training

Status
    Really like Younes as well. Was solid in the weekend too! look forward to seeing him more and hope he stays for a long time.

Legend !

Status
    Too early to elevate Kaboul into top defender status, he"s got a lot to prove imo, and he"s no Ledley thats for sure so I"ll judge him at the end of the season.

Legend !

Status
    But what is important is that he seems to be improving every week. I remember people who were quite happy to see him go to Pompey, and quite upset when we bought him back. Right now both moves are looking like the right choice. His time at Pompey really gave him the experience he needed to now add something to our own first team. Hopefully this is a continuing trend. We need now, more than ever, our CB squad players to step up and fill some larger roles.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDub View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His time at Pompey really gave him the experience he needed to now add something to our own first team. Hopefully this is a continuing trend. We need now, more than ever, our CB squad players to step up and fill some larger roles.
    And with this view, I hope that Walker and Caulker are being thrown into this same category....it may be a bit different playing in the Championship to being a lower PL side, however the main importance is that it was his first team playing week in week out that I feel developed him. The same could be said for Walker, Naughton, and Caulker when they return.

Legend !

Status
    The problem was when he first came to us was he was put straight into the first team because there was no one else to cover CB. That was always going to be a huge risk putting a young inexperienced player in such a vital position. Especially when hes new to the squad.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter