Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Player in Training

Status
    As you might be able to guess, I'm an Ipswich fan and I come in peace. May I add Van der Vaart looks to be one of the signings of the summer

Anyhow, I'm here to talk about our two loanees. Andros and Jake. I've seen Townsend play a few times now and he has impressed me every time. He is always looking to take on his fullback and has pace and skill falling out of his ears. He tracks back effectively and is strong in a tackle. His delivery is generally very good from open play aswell as set pieces. Any chance Harry would let him go?

And Livermore, seeing him for the first time yesterday against dirty Leeds, he, too, had something about him. I think he relishes with our formation with a holding player because it allows him to play a seemingly natural game further up the pitch. His work off the ball is immense and he has decent composure on it aswell. He played a sublime ball through for the first goal after beating a couple of players in the middle. Also looks to have a bit of pace about him and he always shows for the ball which is nice to see for a central player. I'd guess we'll extend the loan to a Season for the lad based on that performance.

Whether they stay with us or go back to you, I think they will both cut it a Prem level if they continue to develop, especially Townsend. If we made respectable offers do you think we have a chance of keeping them? And what about a swap deal for Connor Wickham for the both of them, what would you think about that?

Thankyou!

2. These users say thanks for this post

berby999 (05-10-2010),donatorHeroes (03-10-2010),Rev John Ripsher (04-10-2010)

I am the Drei of all the Icons

Status
    I would like to think that Andros and Jake will stay with Spurs and eventually become very important first team players. As for their development, Ipswich is a great place but wouldn't like to see them leave permanently.

Status
    Welcome to the forum,

I was on one of your forums a couple of hours ago and wanted to see how they were progressing. I posted some stuff under "yids on loan" thread and it seems like both of them are doing well. During the early pre season Townsend went on tour to the states and was impressive to me, he has great pace and like you said attacks the full back. Only thing that seemed to be missing was his end product, he would do all the work but in the end nothing was created. At the present time I dont see him getting in the team for another 2 or 3 seasons, we have a few players who can play at left wing so I can see him going out on loan again next season and possibly the next and if he is still with us then, he should be fighting for a place.

Livermore has featured on a couple of occasions for us and he's a big lad, built like Huddlestone but has a bit more pace to his game. He seems like the sort of player who could cut playing in the PL one day along with Andros. I think he'll be with you for the rest of the season.

It became apparent to me that these 2 loan deals might be involved in the deal for Wickham? I saw on the Ipswich forum that it would involve these 2 players to you all plus 5 million in cash for Connor, which I would say is a stretch as far as what were offering but I'd definitely like to see this kid at Spurs. He had a fantastic summer with England and would be one that is definitely for the future. I heard that he's been injured for most of the season as I havent seen him play many games.

On a side note, how long have you followed Ipswich? My dad's best mate Roger Verdi was there when Robson was manager...dont know the exact year maybe (70-72) but he was there as a youth player but didnt get a professional contract.
    Last edited by spursman18; 03-10-2010 at 10:15 AM.

Welcome back Contrast!

Status
    Andros and Jake are two of our most promising youngsters. Along with Caulker and Rose these four look to be the most likley to break into our squad in the coming seasons.

You would have to offer big money for Andros, probably too big for you, I'm sure. Talented, young English left footers don't come around that often I'm afraid.

Player in Training

Status
    I'd probably agree with you in saying Townsend is out of our price range, but seeing you let Taarabt go for 1m wasn't it? I didn't know how much quality you really had coming through your youth system. He is a very good player and every Town fan will tell you that from a handful of games.

What would you say to a swap with Wickham for Townsend? I'd have extremely mixed opinions on it.

Concerning how long I've supported Town, I'm only 16 and have only been seriously supporting for about 3-4 years. I was abit of a fairweather support before!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by GusTownFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd probably agree with you in saying Townsend is out of our price range, but seeing you let Taarabt go for 1m wasn't it? I didn't know how much quality you really had coming through your youth system. He is a very good player and every Town fan will tell you that from a handful of games.

What would you say to a swap with Wickham for Townsend? I'd have extremely mixed opinions on it.

Concerning how long I've supported Town, I'm only 16 and have only been seriously supporting for about 3-4 years. I was abit of a fairweather support before!
    In Taarabt's case we could afford to offload him because of the number of CMs we have, the 1 million is probably a deal with add ons ie goals and appearances.

A swap for Wickham and Townsend would never happen but I reckon you'd get the bad end of the deal if im being totally honest.

Welcome back Contrast!

Status
    Too be honest, I think the reason for Townsend and Livermore being at Portman Road is for a deal thats already in place for Wickham. Anyways, Taarabt was a greedy little ****e with a poor attitude. Townsend is brilliant.

THTV Donator

Status
    Hey welcome to the forum...the views from members supporting other teams (particularly one we have loaned players to) are always welcome. So thanks from me Please continue to keep us updated.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by GusTownFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As you might be able to guess, I'm an Ipswich fan and I come in peace. May I add Van der Vaart looks to be one of the signings of the summer

Anyhow, I'm here to talk about our two loanees. Andros and Jake. I've seen Townsend play a few times now and he has impressed me every time. He is always looking to take on his fullback and has pace and skill falling out of his ears. He tracks back effectively and is strong in a tackle. His delivery is generally very good from open play aswell as set pieces. Any chance Harry would let him go?

And Livermore, seeing him for the first time yesterday against dirty Leeds, he, too, had something about him. I think he relishes with our formation with a holding player because it allows him to play a seemingly natural game further up the pitch. His work off the ball is immense and he has decent composure on it aswell. He played a sublime ball through for the first goal after beating a couple of players in the middle. Also looks to have a bit of pace about him and he always shows for the ball which is nice to see for a central player. I'd guess we'll extend the loan to a Season for the lad based on that performance.

Whether they stay with us or go back to you, I think they will both cut it a Prem level if they continue to develop, especially Townsend. If we made respectable offers do you think we have a chance of keeping them? And what about a swap deal for Connor Wickham for the both of them, what would you think about that?

Thankyou!
    What is your opinion of Wickham and how good is he ?

Player in Training

Status
    Wickham is a hell of a prospect. His pace and strength are probably his main attributes right now which says a lot for a 17 year old. He has taken his limited chances well and is usually a good finisher. His aerial ability is slightly suspect which is suprising but will no doubt improve over time. He is nearly the full package, and to top it off he has a nearly Rory Delap matching throw in.

Still, a long way to go for him.

Status
    From Wiki

"Livermore signed a new two-year deal with Tottenham, on 24 July 2009. The same day, he scored his first goal for Spurs in a 1–1 friendly draw against Barcelona in the Wembley Cup. In a post-game interview, when asked by a reporter, "What is it like to score against the best team in the world?", Livermore replied "Score against the best team in the world? I play for them."; a comment welcomed by many Tottenham Hotspur FC fans."

Legend !

Status
    i saw this before i went on youtube lookin for that interview but i've never found it !!

Status
    Loads of positive stuff on the Ipswich forums. From a thread called 'Thank god for Townsend':

"His performance at the end almost makes you forget how poor we were today. Not seen a left-wing performance like that since Bobby Petta. Liked the look of Livermore too. Defence solid, wingers dangerous, but creatively in midfield we are utterly bereft. We can't put three passes together. Would like to see Livermore retain his place over the out of form Leadbitter for the next game. The formation should have been 4-4-2, and when it wasn't working we should have changed it quicker."

And from their match ratings thread:
    "Townsend - first half bypassed, when rest of team decided to use him he was unplayable. My MOTM.
    Livermore - nervy start, killer pass, massive engine, must keep his place."

Couple more comments on Livermore:

"Impressed me today. Looked strong on the ball. Made some tackles. Good passes. Think he will become a permanent fixture in the midfield. But who makes way?"
    "Livermore was excellent. Always looking for the ball and showed a good workrate as well as creating the chance for the first goal. Looked a bit leggy towards the end but kept going and better fitness will come with games."

Status
    Town boss Roy Keane was delighted with Tottenham pair Jake Livermore and Andros Townsend after the Blues’ 2-1 victory over Leeds at Portman Road on Saturday. Livermore made his first start for his loan club and Townsend completed the first full 90 minutes of his spell at Portman Road.

Keane was pleased with Livermore, who created Jason Scotland’s opener: “He was excellent. You can see why he’s a Tottenham boy.

“That final ball today was very, very good and that will make or break what level you’re eventually going to play at. That was a good one and Jason finished it very well.”

The Blues boss had similar praise for Townsend: “Andros I thought was outstanding, getting at Alex Bruce a lot. He’s one of those old fashioned wingers, there aren’t many around at the moment.

“It was the first time I’ve kept him on for 90 minutes, we’ve been worrying about his fitness. I would probably have liked to have given Jake 60 or 70 minutes because he hasn’t played a full game for a while, aside from one or two behind closed doors matches with Tottenham.”

Keane says he gave Townsend no specific instruction to run at former Blue Bruce, who was red-carded for two fouls on the 19-year-old: “Andros doesn’t need any encouragement from me to go at full-backs. But if you’re on a yellow card and Andros is running at you there’s a good chance you’re going to get in a bit of trouble. I think it was a second yellow, I don’t think there was any doubt about it.

“I would never say to a player to attack a certain player to hope that he got in a bit of trouble. We’d hope he’d attack him to get by him to put a ball in the box. If you’re a defender, you wouldn’t like to play against Andros.

“We’re very grateful to have these two boys, especially with us missing Luke and Chuck. I’m grateful to Tottenham, just like I was grateful to clubs last year, like Sunderland when they were lending us players.”

16. Who Thanked this post

USpur (05-10-2010)

Legend !

Status
    Great thread so far everyone, always nice to hear our young players are improving in their loan deals. I really like the idea of Wickham being a part of these deals.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter