Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    First Team Player

Status
    Came across this article today:

Spurs leave Sandro out of Champions League squad | talkSPORT

Is this true? If so WHY? I have read so many positive things about this guy. Why would he be left out of our squad.

THTV Donator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by OzSpur View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Is this true? If so WHY? I have read so many positive things about this guy. Why would he be left out of our squad.
    If this is true, I would guess that it would be because he has just joined Spurs having played a full season for Internacional. It'll be for fitness and conditioning reasons?

Status
    He's had three weeks off ... !!

And yet one week ago he said this ... http://www.football.co.uk/tottenham_...s1210881.shtml
    Last edited by Rev John Ripsher; 10-09-2010 at 07:37 AM.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by OzSpur View Post

Ours is a 25 man squad , yet Inter have named a 31 player squad ? Inter Name 2010-11 UEFA Champions League Squad - Goal.com

Status
    Well, if we make it to the knockout rounds he could be registered then. 'Arry probably just wants to see how he performs in the EPL before making a snap judgment.

Status
    I've just spent the last half-an-hour trying to find out exactly where our Champs League Squad is listed , but without success . So to say Sandro has been left out may be a little premature .

Legend !

Status
    Here you are Rev.....

UEFA.com - UEFA Champions League - Tottenham

Bale, Walker and possibly Naughton (although this he may not be) should all be on our B-squad list as they are homegrown and under 21.

8. Who Thanked this post

Rev John Ripsher (10-09-2010)

THTV Donator

Status
    Is that why Sandro isn;t listed because he doesn;t have to because he is under 21?

First Team Player

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroesComesandGoes View Post
    Is that why Sandro isn;t listed because he doesn;t have to because he is under 21?
    No Heros, that's only for the Premier League. In the Champions League squad he has to be listed.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroesComesandGoes View Post
    Is that why Sandro isn;t listed because he doesn't have to because he is under 21?

From what I have heard, and I stress this is only hear say, is that the B-squad list is for homegrown players under the age of 21. This is why Bale was not listed in our squad for the Young Boys clash. Bale and Walker qualify for this and so would Rose if he had stayed with us. It looks as though Kyle Naughton has been left out of it as he is to old to be on the B-squad.

Regarding Sandro, because he isn't classed as homegrown he can not be listed on the B-squad list so would have had to take a place on the proper squad list, so by the looks of it, has been left out. This is even more surprising, because O'Hara has been listed, yet he is probably doubtful for the whole of the group stage. In the CL, i think like the PL, you need at least 8 players in your squad from your clubs country. We have 9 at the moment, so i really don't see the point of putting O'Hara in over Sandro at all.....

http://en.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/D...9_DOWNLOAD.pdf

read from page 25 on wards for the rule around the clubs squad and player eligibility
    Last edited by 1990Hotspur; 10-09-2010 at 12:11 PM.

VIP Member

Status
    Well, now Defoe is out for 3 months that will free up a space surely. We probably aren't allowed to change it but that would be stupid because Defoe has not played a group game yet & neither will he be able to.

Legend !

Status
    I'll post the relevant parts from the rule book for people who can't see this document.....

18.04 Each club is responsible for submitting an A list of players (List A) and a B list
    of players (List B), duly signed, to its national association for verification,
    validation, signature and forwarding to UEFA. These lists must include the
    name, date of birth, shirt number and name, nationality and national
    registration date of all players to be fielded in the UEFA club competition in
    question. In addition, the lists must include the confirmation by the club’s
    doctor that all players have undergone the requested medical examination;
    the club’s doctor is solely responsible that the requested players’ medical
    examination has been duly performed.

18.08 No club may have more than 25 players on List A during the season. As a
    minimum, eight places are reserved exclusively for “locally trained players”
    and no club may have more than four “association-trained players” listed on
    these eight places on List A. List A must specify at least eight players who
    qualify as being “locally trained”, as well as whether they are “club-trained” or
    “association-trained”. The possible combinations that enable clubs to comply
    with the List A requirements are set out in Annex VIII.

18.09 A “locally trained player” is either a “club-trained player” or an “associationtrained
    player”.

18.10 A “club-trained player” is a player who, between the age of 15 (or the start of
    the season during which he turns 15) and 21 (or the end of the season during
    which he turns 21), and irrespective of his nationality and age, has been
    registered with his current club for a period, continuous or not, of three entire
    seasons (i.e. a period starting with the first official match of the relevant
    national championship and ending with the last official match of that relevant
    national championship) or of 36 months.

18.11 An “association-trained player” is a player who, between the age of 15 (or the
    start of the season during which the player turns 15) and 21 (or the end of
    the season during which the player turns 21), and irrespective of his
    nationality and age, has been registered with a club or with other clubs
    affiliated to the same national association as that of his current club for a
    period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or of 36 months.

18.15 Each club is entitled to register an unlimited number of players on List B
    during the season. The list must be submitted by no later than 24.00 CET on
    the day before the match in question.

18.16 A player may be registered on List B if he is born on or after 1 January 1989
    and has been eligible to play for the club concerned for any uninterrupted
    period of two years since his 15th birthday by the time he is registered with
    UEFA. Players aged 16 may be registered on List B if they have been
    registered with the participating club for the previous two years without
    interruption.
    So from that, we can definitely say that Sandro has been left out of our CL squad. Although he is young enough to make the B-squad he has not been with us for more than 2 years so he can not qualify. as said earlier, Kyle Naughton has also been left out.

First Team Player

Status
    Its silly to think that JOH would be put in ahead of Sandro cause JOH prob wont play as he is injured plus we hav many similar players to him but dont so many as Sandro.

Status
    Bentley's been registered too ... wtf ?

It's not that I mind Bentley , it's just why him and not Sandro ?

16. Who Thanked this post

OzSpur (10-09-2010)

Status
    He probably was left out because of Van Der Vaart going into it. If we didnt sign VDV I'm sure Sandro would be in the squad.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter