Register To Comment
    First Team Player

Status
    I think Barca are going to win tonight and set up a mouthwatering final against Man utd

i love mister ed and can not lie lol

Status
    I really hope Barca win! CMON INIESTA!!!!

Anyone have a good stream? I can't find one at the moment and i haven't got skysports anymore .

First Team Player

Status
    Try a search for p2p plenty on there

Player in Training

Status
    Andres Ineista from Lionel Messi at 90+3'. Wow.

First Team Player

Status
    How funny was that?!

The best bit was Drogba signalling to the camera at the end after having a go at the ref.

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

i love mister ed and can not lie lol

Status
    Ohhhh yes i told ya about Iniesta! Cmon Barca beat those Manc gits!

Legend !

Status
    That one definitely had to sting.

VIP Member

Status
    That was the best!

Chelsea were REALLY P*SSING ME OFF! They had 10 men behind the ball both at the Nou Camp & then did exactly the same at Home!! It was SOOOOO Boring to watch them. Essien's goal was incredible but otherwise everything that was worth watching was done by Barca. Chelsea were such a miserable advert for Premier League football.

I was also getting increasingly fed up with supposed 'nailed on' penalties. I'm not denying that any 1 of them could, or even should, haven been given, but were they as blatant as the pundits were implying? No. I can even see why the ref did not give handball against Piqué. That was the only decision that could really have gone Chelsea's way &, for me, it was a handball only because he gained an advantage from it. However, I can see why the ref did not give it. Piqué's arm wasn't out to block the ball, he had it stretched out behind him almost in an effort to keep it out the way & he was moving & looking in completely the opposite direction. The only way the ball was going to hit his arm was if Anelka flicked it up onto it, which is exactly what happened. If it had been from several feet away then it would have been no question, but it was too close & Piqué could do nothing about it. It was definitely ball to hand, not the other way around, but that's not to say most refs would have given it.

However, what I really did not like was Chelsea's reaction. We had a shocking decision given against us the other week & while we said our piece to the ref, we did not hound him at every opportunity. Chelsea's behaviour is disgusting . . . but absolutely HILARIOUS at the same time!! I've never seen such a bunch of bad, ungracious losers! They can whinge & moan all they like & the pundits can say that the ref did nothing for Chelsea all they like but actually what lost them the game was their tactics & Drogba's appalling effort on goal that was easier than any penalty. They could not finish the game off and so needed a scapegoat & picked the referee. The same referee that sent off a Barcelona player for getting tripped up by a Chelsea player, leaving Barca around 25min playing with 10 men & STILL Chelsea chose to play with everyone behind the ball. I am SOOO happy they payed the price for it!

I was getting so fed up watching them suffocating the game. The commentators kept saying how Barca had not had a shot on target . . . had they seen how crowded that penalty area was? Forget 10 men behind the ball, there was 10 Chavs in the box. It was not a case of Barca not shooting but more a case of not really having a chance. The 1 time it opened up was in the 92nd minute & they took it. They took it because they are a QUALITY football team who deserved to win the game & the tie.

The manner in Chelsea's defeat is just so pleasing tho. The more they cry about the decisions the harder I can laugh. At the end of the day, they did not attack, despite being at Home, & the 1 chance they had to put the game to bed, they fluffed it whilst the 1 chance Barca got, they took it in style.

I'm now looking forward to Barca wiping the smirks off those dirty Manc's faces in the Final!!
    Last edited by basskadet; 06-05-2009 at 10:27 PM.

9. These users say thanks for this post

dand (06-05-2009),deivid (06-05-2009),thfcire (06-05-2009)

First Team Player

Status
    The absolute best bit was sky showing Drogba swearing AGAIN as they came back from the adverts!!!!
    juvinile? Yes!!!!
    funny? Yes!!!!

Legend !

Status
    Yea, for all the mention of penalties that should have been I haven't seen anyone complaining about the completely unjust red card!

Boring, boring, Chelsea! Wouldn't even attack when they had the extra man, slap it up them! They deserve nothing, hope they get stuffed in the FA cup.

Should be a good champions league final now except for half the barca team being suspended...

Legend !

Status
    I managed to miss the game due to a combination of stupidity and a night out on the town. This morning I read the papers and came to the conclusion that poor Chelsea got robbed. And I don't even like them!
    But then...
    I came upon this video:

YouTube - Chelsea vs Barcelona 1.1 Stamford bridge 2009 Penalties decisions

Basically, the two handballs were completely unintentional, and the two fouls were very soft.
    The one on Malouda is not a foul for me, at all, he was trying to run into Alves, who outpositioned him and, admittedly did something stupid with his hands.
    The one on Drogba was extra-soft, it can be given but it is such a stretch to imagine a hulking brute like him just falling down like he was mowed down. He should have kept running.
    I think the ref was OK, not one of these situations should decide such a big game.
    In the end I say, poor Barca. They will be sans Abidal, Alves and Marquez for he final. That's like ManUre doing without Rooney, Evra and Vidic! And they're moaning about Fletcher? I really can't believe how lucky this team is...

Legend !

Status
    Oh, and Jaime Redknapp (that's him, right?) was utterly unprofessional. But I forgive him 'cause his wife's hot...

First Team Player

Status
    WTF are you guys talking about???
    We all saw what happens when you try to play an open game with Barcelona, and Hiddink made the logical and good tactical decisions. Chelsea played a perfect counter game to barcelona, who only had 1 shot inside the posts. I personally don’t like Chelsea and I don’t like Barcelona (like them a bit more now, that they got rid of all those Dutch players), but I’m not blind. Bothe hand balls wore penalties (piquet played a clean hand ball, not even a shred of suspicions, and etos was a hand ball also - a shot going into the goal, stopped bay a hand is a penalty), and as for the other claims, I also don’t think they wore penaltys.

One thing is to be biast, but don’t be blind. The ref should be band from reefing ever again, cos this was not his first big cock up, but should be the last one.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter