Register To Comment
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mls

First Team Player

Status
    I know there's a few Americans on here - who follows what team? anybody?

I used to be a NY/NJ Metrostars fan (before they underwent the Red Bull change) - I remember watching a 16-year-old Eddie Gaven scoring the winner in overtime in some regular season game (they had that rule for a bit, yes) after coming in as the extra GK sub (weird rule - 4th sub was allowed if it's a GK, Gaven came on for Leitch, I think, a defender/mid, went into goal for 30 seconds, then switched back with Tim Howard. That rule is no more, btw).

Not much for NY anymore - their new strip and name kills me, ugly as. Jozy Altidore is a good young player though.

I'll be supporting Seattle when they become an MLS team next year - looking forward to it.

Player in Training

Status
    I like Chivas USA. I never got in the bandwagon due to Beckham with Galaxy

Legend !

Status
    fc dallas
    i went to a game once actually
    against colorado
    they arent that bad

Legend !

Status
    Columbus Crew for me

i love mister ed and can not lie lol

Status
    I watch MLS and late night hockey quite alot actually. There are some really decent footballers in some of the teams...theres a striker for Chivas USA i think and he looks really handy, he has long hair but i dunno his name.

I kinda support LA Galaxy cus they are on alot of the time and Beckham is there.

Legend !

Status
    u see the mls all stars vs west ham
    3-2 mls

First Team Player

Status
    I actually only watched the highlights of the MLS All-Star Game - I've rather gotten sick of the league, don't ask me why. Waiting for Seattle to come into it, really only follow results, not games now.
    Watching is reserved for Australia, Spurs and occasionally US nat games.
    Last edited by DasAlterEgo; 29-07-2008 at 05:41 AM. Reason: bloody spelling

Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo

Status
    I predicted that either USA or China would win the world cup before 2020.

Think about the vast volume of individuals you have to choose from, it just makes sense that in there ther must be naturally tallented individuals who would blow the game appart of a world stage.

In terms of China they will achive alot as they are motivated by honour for their country, and pretty much forced to strive for excelence in what ever they do.

I know this ahs got bugger all do to with MLS but all I know about that is that Becks went there to earn silly dough playing for a prety mediorcre club, even by the leagues standards.

You guys did a fantsatic job when you hosted the world cup (94 i think) and i a m suprised that it didnt totally kick start a sporting phenomenon across the entire US.

I think if your country hosted another major event it could happen, but because of what has gone on politically i dont fancy ya chances any time soon of getting that chance.

Maybe if USA do well in a world cup and the country gets right behind them it could work, and i hope it does.

Anyways nothing to do with MLS but hey, bored at work and felt like contributing.

Player in Training

Status
    For me LA Galaxy.. Beckham is still pure class

Legend !

Status
    I just can't get into the MLS even though the quality on the pitch is okay the venues are really poor as well as the commentary also I think that they should get rid of the Bloddy playoffs and use the other US league not sure what it is as a second division and have a relegation system not to mention get rid of the Salary cap and they need to pay their players more some of them only make like 10 K a year shocking I know and can't even afford cars

Legend !

Status
    the mls has actually come along way
    and if you had the religation thing then you wouldsee more homegrown americans playing as they would get time to develop. this could help national team in turn

THTV Donator

Status
    Some people think in twenty years MLS playes may dominate world soccer

They have such excellent youth programs with scholerships etc....

That is why Americans dominate most sports that the compete in..

Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo

Status
    They dominate because the have an enormous demographic to cherry pick players from.

Our country is a titchy island in comparrison to them China Russia.

They with time should be the best there is full stop.

Player in Training

Status
    I follow Toronto FC from a distance. A couple of Kiwi players have singed for them so that's the main reason. Other reason is I support anything Toronto due to my neighbour (from Toronto) being a Mad Leafs fan (and a Spurs fan).

Player in Training

Status
    Colorado Rapids for me. Fans are great and the stadium is top notch, except for the name. Of course they didn't do too well this season but going to the games are always fun.

But for some reason I enjoy watching women football a lot more. They play the game because they love it, not for the pay or lack of it. Keeping my finger crossed the WUSA gets off the ground.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter