Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Legend !

Status
    It's the climax of the Dutch Eredivisie tomorrow.

Twente Enschede, managed by Steve 'Wally with the Brolly' McClaren are currently a point ahead of Martin Jol's Ajax Amsterdam.

Twente have to travel to NAC Breda, while Ajax are away to NEC Nijmegen. As long as Twente can match or better the Ajax result, they will be champions.

Can BMJ pull the rabbit out of the hat?

A regular chant at the Amsterdam Arena is 'Joden' (it means 'Jews', in Dutch).

Come on Yids! Support your 'Joden' brothers! HUP AJAX!

talking in the wind

Status
    i hope he does it,because he deserves it more than than that boring ****,if anyone dissagrees just look at him trying to do a dutch accent....cue brum ha ha

THTV Donator

Status
    I read about this in the paper.

The article is backing Steve McClaren - former England manager plus the Twente hasn't won a league title in their history. As much as I love Jol - I would much prefer to see history in the making with Twente.

Curiously, why is "Joden"/"Jew" a regular chant at Ajax? are they like us in that there is a huge Jewish following?

talking in the wind

Status
    mate i always had a soft spot for the dutch.i remember when we drew with them in ajax stadium and we were singing celtic songs,they couldnt get their heads around it,but when we said rangers were a british team they jumped on our side and joined in.thank fook they did,them fookers are massive and they hate the english,dont know why???? but they do
    Last edited by thfcire; 01-05-2010 at 06:40 PM.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroesComesandGoes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I read about this in the paper.

The article is backing Steve McClaren - former England manager plus the Twente hasn't won a league title in their history. As much as I love Jol - I would much prefer to see history in the making with Twente.

Curiously, why is "Joden"/"Jew" a regular chant at Ajax? are they like us in that there is a huge Jewish following?
    Yes, Heroes, there used to be a big Jewish following, because there was a sizeable Jewish community in the East of Amsterdam, back in the 1930's, when De Meer, the old Ajax stadium, was opened. The current supporters still associate themselves with that era.

Back in the late 90's, when I used to go to matches at the Amsterdam Arena, someone who went to all the home games had a banner, which said 'AJAX' on the top and 'THFC' on the bottom! Never got to meet that guy, but I would have liked to shake his hand!

It would be something pretty special for Twente to win the League. They really are a tiny team, compared with Ajax, PSV & Feyenoord. But, I have an Ajax heart and would love to see them win the title for the first time since 2004.

I've just been on to 'Ajax Netwerk' (their fans forum) to wish them well for tomorrow.
    Last edited by BrumSpur; 01-05-2010 at 07:08 PM.

Status
    Love to see MJ win the eredivisie- always liked Ajax as well- such commitment to attacking football with an amazing system that has really been so influential. Like Spurs, a great history, like to see them back on top again.

shady!

Status
    Good luck to the big man!

Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo

Status
    Martin Jol,
    Martin Jol,
    Martin, Martin Jol.
    He's got no hair,
    But we dont care,
    Martin, Martin Jol.

9. Who Thanked this post

thfcire (01-05-2010)

Player in Training

Status
    I see a lot of Ajax games on the tv and i really hope they win it, both Jol and the club deserves this, they are the team that everybody wants to beat and somehow they have managed just over 100 goals , in the league that is, this season so i think they deserve it!!

Go Ajax!!

Legend !

Status
    Steve McClaren just did it !! he got it for the first time for his life !! congrats to him better luch 2 Ajax

Welcome back Contrast!

Status
    Gutted Jol. Still, its theres next year!! Ajax are back.

Legend !

Status
    Unlucky Jol.

Now u can give us Luis Suarez.....

THTV Donator

Status

First Team Player

Status
    If we get into the Champions League what are the odds we draw Ajax in the play off round.

THTV Donator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ads1985 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we get into the Champions League what are the odds we draw Ajax in the play off round.
    I reckon EVENS, what about you?

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter