Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm ***y and I know it

Status
    Italian motorcycle rider Marco Simoncelli has died after a crash in the Malaysian MotoGP.
    The 24-year-old's helmet was knocked off when he fell and was hit by Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi as he slid across the track on his Honda.

The season's penultimate race was abandoned immediately after the collision just four minutes into the event, as Simoncelli lay motionless on the track.

Yamaha's Edwards also came off his bike but escaped serious injury, while Rossi was able to nurse his Ducati back to the pits.

Simoncelli lay stricken on the track before being taken to the circuit's medical centre where he was pronounced dead.

Casey Stoner, who won his second MotoGP title at his home Australian Grand Prix last week, said: "As soon as I saw the footage it just makes you sick inside.

"Whenever the helmet comes off that's not a good sign."

Legend !

Status
    Absolutely sickening to watch. I was watching it alongside the Rugby World Cup final and as soon as I saw it I knew he'd had it.

RIP

I'm ***y and I know it

Status
    I really wish I hadn't watched that video. Sickening

groany fooker lol

Status
    yeah i watched this this morning, horrific

talking in the wind

Status
    A true legend in the making,he rode how he lived on the edge,and got so far in so short a time that I'm sure he would have. Become champion very soon ,a true loss to the sport

Legend !

Status
    A dark week for motorsport. Such an exciting talent and character to lose. RIP Marko.

Legend !

Status
    Shame about another motorsport star so close to each other. It happens

R.I.P

Legend !

Status
    My girlfriend's a huge fan of Moto GP and was very upset about this.

RIP.

Banned !

Status
    RIP .... and yeah just by looking at the video it was clear that it would be fatal.. i was watching the tv today and rai uno showed this, i did not understand a word they said but then they showed the video and i knew enough..

Legend!

Status
    awful news for fans and family. how on earth in this day and age can a helmet come off? the money in this sport surley they can find and use a material that wont snap in 2 or snap off the helmet itself? kevlar would be a starting point

Status
    bradders if you hit anything hard enough it will split in some way , it probably took half his head with .

Banned !

Status
    yeah i am sure the helmets are more secure now then they ever were.. but when you get hit by a fast going bike, then even those modern helmets can't help you much... sad but true..

talking in the wind

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bradders View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    awful news for fans and family. how on earth in this day and age can a helmet come off? the money in this sport surley they can find and use a material that wont snap in 2 or snap off the helmet itself? kevlar would be a starting point
    the helmet looked intact bouncing off the track,im guessing the weight of a bike rolling over it the strap might have given way,dont know mate tbh,i wear one everyday and dont like it to tight,eventhough theyre meant to be as tight as you can stand

14. Who Thanked this post

bradders (24-10-2011)

Banned !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by thfcire View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the helmet looked intact bouncing off the track,im guessing the weight of a bike rolling over it the strap might have given way,dont know mate tbh,i wear one everyday and dont like it to tight,eventhough theyre meant to be as tight as you can stand
    could it also have something to do with his "afro" hair.. that hair has to go somewhere, and maybe he had a lil bigger helmet cause of the hair.. but in a situation like a crash that can be pretty bad.. cause a crash does not care about what hair and size of your helmet is.. you either have the perfect size or you are in big trouble..

16. Who Thanked this post

thfcire (23-10-2011)

talking in the wind

Status
    could be right mate,id say if his head is down adn the wheel catches the helmet under his chin the force would rip it clean off as well,cant really see from the vid,and tbh as a rider of a biker daily i dont want to watch it again

18. Who Thanked this post

1van (23-10-2011)

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter