Register To Comment
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2011 NFL Draft

Status
    It starts today, anyone interested?

Here's the latest mock draft via Walter football.

WalterFootball.com: 2011 NFL Mock Draft

It has my Broncos taking Von Miller. ESPN says we'll take Marcell Darius. I'm not sold on Darius I would much rather take the best player available and that's Patrick Petersen. The Broncos have good DB's so it's unlikely. I just feel like when you have picks 1-7 you should take the best player available, save the rest of the picks for drafting need.

Status
    P.S. Carolina is going to regret taking $cam #1. 80% of what he did in college he wont be able to do in the pros.

Legend !

Status
    not really going to follow a thing about the draft. i won't care until the season starts. have always been that way. the off season is there for a reason. for me to forget about that sport as others are going one such as soccer, NHL playoffs and baseball. although since the pirates season was over before the penguins season i guess i just have EPL and MLS till fall time. haha.

Legend !

Status
    I'm a huge Carolina Panthers fan, and last season was so hard to watch. Honestly, I hope we take Newton, only because it will bring attention to our team and sell tickets. I don't believe for a minute he deserves to go #1 or that he is a franchise quarterback, and even if he is he wont be able to do that in Carolina, but I do have faith in whoever we pick. It would be nice to have the spotlight for a while.

5. Who Thanked this post

BlueCrew LA (28-04-2011)

Legend !

Status
    lets hope the Broncos get some beasting D linesmen!

7. Who Thanked this post

BlueCrew LA (28-04-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by steventhfc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    lets hope the Broncos get some beasting D linesmen!
    Broncos fan? Knowing Fox (Panthers coach last 8 years), he will take a lineman or a linebacker. Wants that defense as the anchor of the team.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanHotspur View Post
    Broncos fan? Knowing Fox (Panthers coach last 8 years), he will take a lineman or a linebacker. Wants that defense as the anchor of the team.
    I wasn't too excited about the Fox hire. On paper it doesn't sound good when your team has the 2nd pick and you hire a coach that just got fired by the team with the 1st pick. I know there were extenuating circumstances but still. A lot of the Broncos personnel decisions over the past couple of years have had me scratching my head.

Last year drafting Tebow in the 1st round when it's likely he would have been there in the second if you really wanted him. Passing on Dez Bryant for Demaryius Thomas, someone I barely new prior to him being drafted. Like I said if we really wanted him we could have drafted him later. Moving up to draft a corner that a year later we would cut.

....and so on....

Legend !

Status
    Yeah, with Broncos we have a good attack with the likes of Eddie Royal but we're weak as piss at the back.

Edit:

Regarding the head coach situation, there was a lot of other coaches I would of gone for, rumours were it we could of took the Florida Gators coach because of us drafting Tebow. At the end of the day with the right D line I'm prepared to give him a shot this year. At least he doesn't shout, insult and abuse our own players like McDouchebag did.
    Last edited by steventhfc; 28-04-2011 at 06:05 PM.

11. Who Thanked this post

BlueCrew LA (28-04-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Fox wasn't a bad coach. Don't think that whatsoever. He took us from 1-15 to the Super Bowl in 2 years. He brought stability, defense, and WINNING to Carolina. He may be more boring, but he is a good coach. So don't judge him on the 2-14, judge him on what he did when he came to Carolina.

13. Who Thanked this post

steventhfc (28-04-2011)

Legend !

Status
    People say Mourinho is boring but he gets them winning. I'll take winning ugly if it means we do well.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanHotspur View Post
    Fox wasn't a bad coach. Don't think that whatsoever. He took us from 1-15 to the Super Bowl in 2 years. He brought stability, defense, and WINNING to Carolina. He may be more boring, but he is a good coach. So don't judge him on the 2-14, judge him on what he did when he came to Carolina.
    Fox is a good coach like I said "on paper" it doesn't sound to good. I honestly believe a key factor to him getting the job was that he gave Elway assurances that he wouldn't abandon the Tebow project. While other coaches wouldn't make that guarantee. That doesn't mean that it won't work out, I hope it does.

We have enough offensive weapons to make it to the playoffs we just need to bring some steel to that D-line. Getting Elvis back will help, if we draft Von Miller which seems to be the prevailing opinion at the moment (even now on ESPN) then we'll have a deadly pass rush. He's not much of a run stopper but he can improve that.

16. Who Thanked this post

steventhfc (28-04-2011)

Legend !

Status

Status
    For USC it's a pretty weak draft. The mock draft has Havili going in the 6th round? He's going to be the steal of the draft. I can't count the amount of times he saved our ass. His character has always been in question that must be the reason why he's so low. That and FB's don't typically get drafted high.

1st

13: Detroit Lions: Tyron Smith, OT, USC

3rd

70: Cleveland Browns: Jurrell Casey, DT, USC

89: San Diego Chargers: Shareece Wright, CB, USC

4th

113: Oakland Raiders: Jordan Cameron, TE, USC

5th

142: Tennessee Titans: Kris O'Dowd, C, USC

6th

173: Seattle Seahawks: Stanley Havili, FB, USC

7th

226: New Orleans Saints: Ronald Johnson, WR, USC

Status
    It's started....... I think.....

There gonna milk this as long as possible.

Status
    Cam Newton just got the call.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter