Register To Comment
    Legend !

Status
    This is the racing series that we are currently second in, just a few points behind AC Milan.

On Sunday it was at Brands Hatch and Olympiacos driver (Chris van der Drift) had a HUGE crash after clipping AS Roma's car:

Unbelievably he remained concious throughout the whole incident and even managed to walk away!! Though he is still in Dartford Hospital under observation.

Legend !

Status
    Not accusing you of this mate, but i cannot understand people who watch motorsport for the accidents. Not only is that pretty messed up in the head, it devalues everything that goes into the sport, for example in F1 teams spend 50m to save half a second a lap and people perfer to see a million quid car in the barriers?

Also lol'd when the commentator said "a miscommunication"... the roma driver just short the door when he was in it as far as i could see (Video is really blurry?), thats not miscommunication thats just idiocy and dangerous x]

and GL craig dolby

Legend !

Status
    I don't think anyone really wants to see crashes in motor racing. I think it is human nature that we hold a fascination of watching people in extreme circumstances and seeing and praying that they get out of it. Same as if you see a crash on the way into work, you'll probably tell a few people about it, yet you don't drive everywhere looking out for a crash. When there is an accident on the motorway the opposite carriageway always slows? Why? People are intrigued. And I bet a good 8 times out of 10 the police would say that if Joe Public could see the outcome of road accidents they come across, they would wish that they hadn't slowed. I suppose it is seeing someone else in that fight or flight situation, whereby they can do neither. It's inbuilt into us at a different level to watch and analyse.

To see that incident above, most peoples first thought is that he's a goner. From seeing crashes in the past you don't expect a good outcome. Yet he walked away (ish). It's great to see that motorsport isn't as dangerous as it once was. I'd do anything to get into the sport and would want family and friends to see clips like these so they know that I'd be safe.

As for the incident the Roma drivers tyres were going off at a rapid rate. He saw van der Drift closing on him and went to move out the way to give VDD the racing line into Pilgrims Drop. Unfortunately he underestimated just how much VDD was closing on him and started his move a fraction late. It was a pure racing accident.

Unlike Schumacher vs Rubens!!!

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter