Register To Comment

Thread: ice hockey

Legend !

Status
    whats up you guys in sweden ice hockey is very popular

my favourite team is detroit red wings, they have won the nhl championship in 1936 1937 1943 1950 1952 1954 1955 1997 1998 2002 and 2008, this is the 3rd most behind toronto maple leafs and mont real canadiens

in swedish elitserien, my favourite team is timra red eagles, the club of nhl star henrik zetterberg

Legend !

Status
    lol, there already is an ice hockey thread. however can't go wrong with the Penguins.

THTV Donator

Status
    Can't believe the Blackhawks traded Byfuglien...

First Team Player

Status
    Ive supported Pittsburgh Penguins since the late 80's when my mom bought me a pair of pants with their logo. Its a great club with a fantastic history with players like Lemieux and Jagr. Now they have Crosby and Malkin.

Im from Gothenburg, Sweden so my local team is the mighty Frolunda Indians. I had a seasonticket for 3 seasons but then I started studying and couldnt afford to go anymore, they won the title the season after so I missed that. Most famous player we had was probably Kristian Huselius who now plays for the Columbus Bluejackets.

I dont like watching hockey on the tv cause I cant see the puck. I should get glasses but I dont care, I cant even see the matchclock on the tv when I watch football.

Shame the Penguins didnt win the stanley cup last season, I really thought they had a dynasty thing going on when they won it 2 seasons ago against the Red Wings. But they are an exciting team so I hope they win it next season.

Legend !

Status
    the msot famous frolunda player is henrik lundqvist who is one of the best swedish player ever! he has many goalkeeper records in the elitserien for frolunda and he was good instantly in the nhl, also he won a gold medal in 2006 olympics of course.. what a beautiful team sweden had

First Team Player

Status
    Gazza: Agreed about Henrik Lundqvist, hes a class act. Maybe the best player Rangers have. He didnt play when I had my seasonticket though.

But I thought it was funnier when Frolunda sucked. We had no-names like Canadian Reid Simonton, he always got 2 minutes for roughing and his trick was pushing the stick in opponents armpits (hurts). He couldnt pass the puck either.

Another funny player was Mario Brunetta, an Italian (!) goalkeeper. When the other team got breakaway he always threw himself on the ice and sprattled his legs and stick, hence he got the nickname "Octopus".

Only shame in swedish hockey I see is that fighting isnt allowed, I love hockey fights.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter