Register To Comment
    VIP Member

Status
    Complete and utter rubbish. About the best words I can use to describe it. Tactics wrong. Players wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Its late and I really can't be arsed right now. Proper report will follow, but suffice to say I am not pleased.

First Team Player

Status
    Gomes - 5/10 - Kept us in game first half, but then killed off game in the second.
    Corluka - 2/10 - Slow, clumsy, useless in possession. Waste of £££ if that continues. Who said he was good?
    Dawson - 1/10 - NEVER PLAY AGAIN. **** **** ****.
    Woodgate - 4/10 - Didn't control the defence like he normally does.
    Bale - 6/10 - Went missing on their first goal, but apart from being caught in possession once or twice looked ok. one of our better players.
    Lennon - 5/10 - Worked hard. Got nowhere.
    Zokora - 3/10 - Lost the ball everywhere.
    Huddlestone - 4/10 - Not strong enough in ruling the midfield, too many long balls.
    Modric - 3/10 - had one good run before getting injured
    Bent - 4/10 - Anonymous, goal was a pure fluke from what i saw.
    Pavlyuchenko - 5/10 - Showed brief glimpses of ability but too reckless in tackles and missed one or two key passes that could have put bent clean through.

Jenas - 4/10 - Only seemed to be able to think of the "hoof it" technique when attacking. Annoyed me by just lieing on the floor after losing the ball and then strolling back.
    Bentley - 5/10 - The team seemed to lift when he came on and he did some nice build up play for a brief time but his set pieces were poor.
    Dos Santos - 6/10 - Our only player that looked like they wanted to attack quickly, had a sense of urgency, but often ran himself into trouble. Our best player fo the time he was on imo.

on the whole - useless.

Player in Training

Status
    But too much new joined players were shure that the Squad should be better than last season.................
    Ramos is responsible ....
    Lets to find the real reason for Keno and Berba leaving. If we know the reason We can find solution.

I think Keano can be returned ,because of his bad start in Liverpool.
    Barbatov can be used to help Martin Petrov to sign with SPURs. New City Owners likes to spend money and must probably Martin should be free very soon . Petrov is a not expensive player,but he is a very experienced .

Legend !

Status
    Its not even worth putting an in depth report on this latest shambles, we all know what went wrong and who is to blame for our pathetic form since the CC Final.
    Everything was wrong about the this game, im ashamed to support Spurs at the mo and that breaks my heart to say that.
    A f*cking disgrace the lot of em, they couldnt give two f*cks the way they were all laughing about at the spurs lodge today, mugs the lot of em.

Tha Mac Daddy Pimp Mo Fo

Status
    Funster dont wast ya time................

It will just p!ss you off re-living the nightmare that was monday night!!!

If you have to soz but I wont be reading it.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by funster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Complete and utter rubbish. About the best words I can use to describe it. Tactics wrong. Players wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Its late and I really can't be arsed right now. Proper report will follow, but suffice to say I am not pleased.
    To be honest that summed it up pretty well.

Legend !

Status
    From someone who couldnt watch the game, I take it we didnt do to well?

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by spurs2rise View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From someone who couldnt watch the game, I take it we didnt do to well?

Nah mate we played brilliant! Ignore these chumps they don't know good football when they see it!

arty:

First Team Player

Status
    BULL**** PERFORMANCE........................ the lads have to step it up today or its going to get messy........

Player in Training

Status
    We MUST win today!!!!!! Nuf said. A decent Premier Ship position is over already so its up to the cups.

COYS

VIP Member

Status
    Well boys and girls, I've got to say, I just couldn't bring myself to write the full match report for the Villa game.

You've seen my brief comments about how wrong it all was.

Well, I'll add to that by saying it was possibly one of the worst Tottenham performances I have witnessed in the last three years. Yes, it really was that bad, and that's saying something given how rubbish we've been at the start of last season and this.

The only things worth adding notes about were that Corluka and Pavlyuchenko both made their debuts.

Corluka looked composed on the ball - sometimes. He also looked like he was carrying the world on his shoulders. Other reasons for why he is one of the slowest players I've seen on the pitch simply escape me. Let's hope there is more to come from him at centre-half when Hutton's fit again.

Pav looked enthusiastic and willing to chase the ball. Something we've clearly been lacking this season in our front line. He looked like he wanted to get involved and was willing to chase, win the ball, hold it up and have a crack. No real success in the Villa game, but I suspect he will deliver at least some of the goods.

Villa, to their credit, were pretty good on the night. Well organised - would you expect anything less from a Martin O'Neill side? - and willing to break forward.

Even without the shocker from Gomes to concede their winner (remember Erik Thorstvedt on his debut?!), we deserved nothing out of the match. We might have snuck it at the end and repeated some of the rousing scenes from a season ago, but it would have been an absolute travesty.

Here's some photos to keep you amused. On the night I was anything but.

Taking to the field against Villa

Pavlyuchenko making his debut - somewhat obscured by the bar, I know!

Corluka

12. These users say thanks for this post

donatorEighteen82 (20-09-2008),Estet (20-09-2008),Spuds4Ever (21-09-2008)

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter