Register To Comment
    Admin THE GAFFA
    Owner/Admin

Status
    SPURS TOO SLICK FOR BOLTON

An exhilarating game in the capital saw Tottenham keep up their fine form of late with a 4-1 victory over Bolton, which saw them race into a three goal lead within 22 minutes before having the architect of much of their good work Robbie Keane sent-off before off half-time.

The pre-match entertainment saw Glenn Hoddle presented before an adoring Tottenham faithful and even he of the most exacting standards must have been in raptures about the home side's smash and grab job in the opening 20 minutes.

Keane's 37 minute cameo saw him at his effervescent best in floating between midfield and attack, while his partner Dimitar Berbatov's languid style could not disguise the most sublime of first touches and a football mind sharper than most in the Premiership.

Somewhat inevitably it was Keane that set Tottenham on their way with a clinically taken opener before he saw his second sandwiched by Jermaine Jenas' second in as many games.

With the home crowd purring their admiration, referee Graham Poll dampened proceedings somewhat when he dismissed Keane for handling Ivan Campo's goal-bound header off the line. The Irishman left the field to a standing ovation, Poll to a crescendo of boos - all very pantomime but none the less enjoyable for it.

Gary Speed's penalty, rammed past Robinson, was better than anything which preceded it from Sam Allardyce's side, who missed a chance to break into the top four in going down to a defeat. In the final minute Aaron Lennon added gloss to another polished personal display when he slotted home from close range.

Everything about Tottenham was slick and decisive in the opening stages and a leaden Bolton did not have an inkling as to how to curtain the sashaying runs of Lennon and a front pairing very much on the same wavelength.

Tottenham's first, in the 11th minute, was all about Berbatov's strength in shrugging off Abdoulaye Meite to play in Keane and from the tightest of angles the Irishman arrowed his finish beyond Jussi Jaaskelainen at his near post.

Bolton briefly rallied and Stelios Giannakopoulos will wonder quite how he only found Paul Robinson with his free header, from only five yards, but it was at the other end that sharpness in front of goal reaped real dividends.

Meite put through his goal own goal only to have his blushes saved by a compassionate linesman's flag but Bolton could do nothing to prevent Spurs doubling their advantage, when Jenas built on his winning goal in midweek in dispatching his side's second.

Neat play from Berbatov presented Keane with an opening to shoot and after Jaaskelainen failed to deal with a crisp strike with the outside of his boot, an advanced Jenas was first to react in tapping home.

Bolton were twice denied by fine defensive challenges by Lee Young-Pyo but they were cut apart as Tottenham grabbed a third, when Keane's clever movement gave him space to finish cutely Pascal Chimbonda's pinpoint delivery on the overlap.

It seemed a shame for the game to be deprived of a player at the peak of his powers, but Poll cannot be criticised in taking the letter of the law and while Bolton rallied, and created plenty of chances after Speed's spot-kick, Tottenham always looked in control.

The second half saw a plethora of chances created by both sides but with both goalkeepers excelling, there was only one more goal as in the final minute Lennon slotted in from five yards, from substitute Stead Malbranque's right wing delivery.

Performing miracles as a lone front man Berbatov flashed a half volley wide and a header over the top, while Anelka twice was denied by the excellent Robinson.

Jaaskelainen too was at his best in denying Jenas' rasping drive from the edge of the area, and Malbranque on the follow up - while Bolton's Vaz Te will wonder how he failed to register from a yard.

Tottenham edge closer to a European spot with a performance of much attacking verve, which the normally defensively astute Bolton could not live with from start to finish.

Source www.skysports.com

GET IN THERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Legend !

Status
    fantastic result! watched it over the net and must say i didnt think it was hand ball. couldnt tell really as it wasnt a great picture.

Admin THE GAFFA
    Owner/Admin

Status
    Yeah i wasnt sure either i will be watching match of the day tonight to make sure :6:

But thats the Tottenham that i like to see played for 90 mins ,worked hard and looked very very good , the passing was brilliant and every player gave 100% i feel sorry for robbie cause he looked like he was really enjoying it out there and think we would have smashed them to peace's if he had stayed on.

On the other hand everyone else in the team may not have played how they to defend so well if he hadnt been sent , none the less Berba was a God AGAIN ! He's getting better every match and i hope he stay's at the lane for a long time !

Berba,Keane and Lennon are amazing together even zokora and Lee had a good game! A very good team performance lads COME ON YOU SPURS

First Team Player

Status
    Easy. Bring on chelsea.

VIP Member

Status
    Another fantastic result! Sitting there looking at a scoreboard that reads 3-0 in our favour after a shade over twenty minutes..... just a great feeling!

Keane was very unfortunate to be red carded I think. Sat pretty much right behind the goal my initial impression was one of surprise that Poll hadn't blown for the pen sooner. My view gave the impression it was handball - but I was behind the action! However, the red card was a step too far I think. OK, if it was handball (and I stress the 'if'), its a red card, but how daft can you get? It looked like ball to hand if anything. Poll is rubbish. Truly.

Overall, we were, of course, deserved winners. I was impressed at the way Bolton came coming at us in the first half even after being three down. I was expecting a nervy second half, but frankly, the better chances were ours and we could've easily added another three to the scoreline.

A top effort from all the boys today. Lee is getting better now that he's playing regularly and Chimbonda was excellent again. Through the middle the Tainio, Jenas, Zokora triumverate worked very well. Lennon was always threatening - particularly when we needed an outlet in the second half.

Special mention, though, has to be reserved for Berbatov. I commented on the way to the game that I'd read an article somewhere last week offering him as the most complete striker in the Premiership. My one quibble, I said, was his workrate. But really, who cares?! He was exceptional. As masterful a performance as I've seen from a frontman - especially in the second half.

And onward to West Ham next week! Now, by rights we should tonk 'em. But Let's not be complacent!

I should add that Dawson was at his usual high standard, and I was impressed with Rocha, particularly in the air.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Admin THE GAFFA
    Owner/Admin

Status
    Nice one funster did you get anymore pics for our album ? bet it was a great atmosphere today ! feel sorry for keano 1st red card in his career a little harsh to get it like that

VIP Member

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverWire
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nice one funster did you get anymore pics for our album ? bet it was a great atmosphere today ! feel sorry for keano 1st red card in his career a little harsh to get it like that
    Nah, sorry mate. Bit under the weather today. Was cheered up by the scoreline! Will see what I can get at the cesspit that is Upton Park next week!

Admin THE GAFFA
    Owner/Admin

Status
    Nah, sorry mate. Bit under the weather today. Was cheered up by the scoreline! Will see what I can get at the cesspit that is Upton Park next week!
    Wernt we all mate :6: i was having a shocker at work until the match started cheered a really **** day up...

Just got to do it against the hammers and chelsea and i will be a very happy man :1:

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter