Register To Comment
Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast
    Legend !

Status
    I've gone and made this one early, just desperate to take my mind off the City game and move on!

Very difficult to predict the line up for this one - I expect it will be a mix of first team players and the second string.

Will post what I think on that front closer to the time when we've had a bit of team news.

Looking forward to this one, I think we have a good shot at the FA Cup this year, Man City are already out and one of Man United/Liverpool will be too shortly!

COYS

Legend !

Status
    I really hope we give it a go, I really want us to win a Trophy. Top 3 and the FA Cup should be the goal right now, and its very much possible.

Legend !

Status
    We will see Gio Bass n Pav lineup

Legend !

Status
    Everton and Fulham play each other on Friday to, so thats another top flight team out, Chelsea have tough away fixture at QPR, then there's West Brom V Norwich, Bolton V Swansea, & Villa V The Gooners. So there is 6 all prem games in this round of the cup great news for us as 6 prem teams must go out in this round, then there is potential cup upsets to(Just hope we aren't on the wrong end of one).

5. These users say thanks for this post

Bogota Yid (24-01-2012),rossdfc (23-01-2012)

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ModDaws View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We will see Gio Bass n Pav lineup
    And .... NIKOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

7. Who Thanked this post

gomes4life (27-01-2012)

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BrumSpur View Post
    And .... NIKOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
    dont forget pienaar

9. These users say thanks for this post

donatorBinda (23-01-2012),BrumSpur (22-01-2012),Javi (23-01-2012)

Legend !

Status
    ------------Brad-------------
    Walker--Dawson--Bass---Rose
    ------------Sandro-----------
    Pienaar-------Niko--------GDS
    ------------VDV--------------
    ------------Defoe------------

I'd go for that personally, give sandro some minutes to get up to speed. Only possible change would be not to play vdv for either livermore or Pav(sigh)

I would go for that

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by GTGio View Post
    ------------Brad-------------
    Walker--Dawson--Bass---Rose
    ------------Sandro-----------
    Pienaar-------Niko--------GDS
    ------------VDV--------------
    ------------Defoe------------

I'd go for that personally, give sandro some minutes to get up to speed. Only possible change would be not to play vdv for either livermore or Pav(sigh)

I would go for that
    Will Sandro be fit?

If so, I'd play him and Livermore in the middle. Rest VDV and put Niko in behind the striker.

Harry won't do this - but I'd LOVE to see it!

First Team Player

Status
    Carlo
    Corluka (should be fit?) - Dawson - Bassong - Rose
    Gds - Livermore - Sandro - Kranjcar / Pienaar
    Defoe - Pav

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by grottim View Post
    dont forget pienaar
    You know I actually want to loose the little wager me and spursman18 have going on I wanna see what hes really got to show.

Can't wait for this match we need the victory to raise our spirits COYS!

Status
    FYI American folks, this one's televised on FSC+ in the States.

I think Harry will put out a pretty strong squad for this one. Wouldn't be surprised to see Adebayor, since he had to sit this weeks game out. Maybe we need to bring Robbo back for Watford again:

Legend !

Status
    We've got Wigan at home on the Tuesday and they have ten days rest before that game, for that reason alone I would expect to see 10 changes for Friday. Ade will be back and maybe Sandro but I don't expect to many more 1st XI regulars. A very strong bench no doubt and let's be fair we should be strong enough to beat Watford. The CL spot is and has to be our number one target but the FA Cup deserves attention and with half the EPL clubs gone after this round including at least two of the "big six" it's a cup we are more than capable of winning .... my 'choices' below ....

Watford v Tottenham
    Everton v Fulham

QPR v Chelsea
    Liverpool v Man Utd
    Blackpool v Sheffield Wed
    Bolton v Swansea
    Derby v Stoke
    Hull v Crawley Town
    Leicester v Swindon
    Millwall v Southampton
    Sheffield Utd v Birmingham
    Stevenage v Notts County
    West Brom v Norwich
    Brighton v Newcastle

Sunderland v Middlesbrough
    Arsenal v Aston Villa

Legend !

Status

Watford host Tottenham Hotspur at Vicarage Road on Friday 27th January 2012 in a Fourth Round 2011-12 FA Cup fixture.

Watford are currently in 18th place in the Championship on 30 points and beat Bradford City 4-2 at home in the FA Cup Third Round, while Tottenham Hotspur are in 3rd place in the Premier League on 46 points and beat Cheltenham Town 3-0 at home in the FA Cup Third Round.

This will be the 60th time the two teams have met and the 6th time in the FA Cup, with Spurs having won the previous five games.

The first meeting came on 13th October 1894 in the first qualification round of the FA Cup in what was Tottenham Hotspur's very first match in the competition. Over 2,000 saw Spurs beat West Hertfordshire 3-2, as Watford were known as then, at Northumberland Park. Peter Hunter and Don Goodall (2) scored Tottenham's goals.

West Herts and Watford St. Mary's merged in 1898 to form Watford FC and the club played Spurs at Cassio Road in the Southern League in October 1900 winning 2-1. The return fixture at White Hart Lane was won 7-0 by Spurs. The clubs met for a further six seasons in the Southern League resulting in a total of 8 wins for Spurs, one win for Watford and 5 drawn matches.

At the end of the 1907-08 season, Spurs joined the Football League and Watford would later become a Third Division team in 1920-21 when the Southern League was incorporated into the Football League as the Third Division.

The clubs met four times during the First World War with Spurs winning all the matches.

Two FA Cup matches were played during the inter-war years with Spurs winning a 2nd Round (today's 4th Round) match 1-0 in January 1922 and beating Watford again in a 3rd Round match 7-1 in January 1939.

There were 10 meetings during World War Two with Spurs winning 7 games, Watford one and two draws.

The first Football League Cup meeting came in the 2nd Round in September 1975 with Spurs winning 1-0 thanks to a Chris Jones goal.

Watford's first season in the Top Flight of English football came during 1982-83 and they beat Spurs at White Hart Lane 1-0 with Spurs winning at Vicarage Road by the same score with a goal from Mark Falco.

Watford remained in the First Division for another five seasons and Spurs had the slight edge with 6 wins to Watford's 5 with one game drawn.

The clubs were drawn together in the two-legged League Cup 2nd Round in 1994 with Spurs winning 6-3 at Vicarage Road and Watford winning 3-2 at the Lane.

Spurs won an FA Cup 3rd Round tie in January 1999 5-2 with goals from Steffan Iversen (2), Darren Anderson, Allan Nielsen and Ruel Fox.

Watford had two seasons in the Premier League, the first of which came in 1999-2000 with Spurs winning 4-0 at the Lane with goals from David Ginola, Steffan Iversen and a brace from Tim Sherwood. The reverese fixture was drawn 1-1 with Chris Armstrong scoring for Spurs.

The game at Watford in 2006-07 was drawn 0-0 with Spurs winning 3-1 at the Lane with goals from Jermaine Jenas, an astonishing long range goal from the Spurs goalkeeper Paul Robinson and Hossam Ghaly.

The most recent meeting between the two clubs came in the Football League Cup in December 2008 with Spurs winning the 5th Round fixture 2-1 with goals from Roman Pavlyuchenko and Darren Bent. Watford's goal was scored by Tamas Priskin.

Overall, Spurs have won 39 games, Watford have won 8 games and the remaining 12 matches played have been drawn.

Chris Adams
    Gerry Armstrong
    Espen Baardsen
    George Badenoch
    Bert Badger
    Fred Barnett
    Peter Beadle
    Dennis Bond
    Ron Burgess (Spurs player, Watford Manager)
    Keith Burkinshaw (Spurs Manager, Watford asst. Manager)
    Darren Caskey
    Jim Chalmers
    Bobby Cook
    Harry Crump
    Chris Day
    Wally Earnes
    Jack Elkes
    Mark Falco
    Lee Gardner
    Johnny Galvin
    George Gemmell
    Arthur Grimsdell (also Watford Director)
    Tommy Harmer
    Danny Hill
    Arthur Hopkins
    Alex Inglethorpe (Watford player, Spurs development manager)
    Pat Jennings
    Jimmy Jones
    John L Jones
    Jimmy Kennedy
    Peter Kyle
    Bill Lane
    Colin Lee (Spurs player, Watford Manager)
    Roy Low
    Paul Miller
    Joe Moffatt
    John Moran
    Allan Nielsen
    Tom Pangbourne
    Steve Perryman (Spurs player, Watford Manager)
    Jimmy Reid
    Mark Robson
    Danny Rose
    Ronny Rosenthal
    John Ryden
    Tim Sherwood (also Spurs Development Manager)
    Peter Shreeves (Spurs Manager, Watford asst. manager)
    Alf Stokes
    Walter Tattersall
    Peter Taylor (Spurs player, Watford asst. manager)
    Andros Townsend
    Dennis Uphill
    Ramon Vega
    Wilf Waller
    Mark Yeates

Last edited by THFC6061; 23-01-2012 at 10:17 AM.

17. These users say thanks for this post

boo (25-01-2012),MagnaThor (23-01-2012),Ramsingh (24-01-2012)

Legend !

Status
    Highlights from our 4-1 FA Cup semi final win over them in '87 at Villa Park:

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Javi View Post
    You know I actually want to loose the little wager me and spursman18 have going on I wanna see what hes really got to show.

Can't wait for this match we need the victory to raise our spirits COYS!
    need to win or lose one way or another just make sure we dont risk a replay

20. These users say thanks for this post

Javi (23-01-2012),Yidington (23-01-2012)

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter