Register To Comment
Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast
    First Team Player

Status
    Probably our last game in the EL this year!
    Think we'll see something like:

Cudicini
    Corluka - Kaboul - Bassong - Rose / Townsend
    Gio - Livermore - Carroll - Pienaar
    Pavlyuchenko - Kane

Subs:
    Gomes - Fredericks - Gallas - Rose / Townsend - Sandro - Parrett - Defoe

Status
    Would start Defoe over Kane.

Dont know if Rose is fit, if he isnt then I think we could see Townsend there but dont want him playing LB.

I think Sandro may only play 45 mins since it's most likely that Parker will be rested against Sunderland due to him being 1 yellow away from being suspended, need him for Chelsea. So maybe Parker will get the start if Harry wants to not risk him getting that 5th yellow.

I'd also like to see Falque start.
    Last edited by spursman18; 12-12-2011 at 11:47 PM.

First Team Player

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by spursman18 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would start Defoe over Kane.

Dont know if Rose is fit, if he isnt then I think we could see Townsend there but dont want him playing LB.

I think Sandro may only play 45 mins since it's most likely that Parker will be rested against Sunderland due to him being 1 yellow away from being suspended, need him for Chelsea. So maybe Parker will get the start if Harry wants to not risk him getting that 5th yellow.
    Agree, we should start JD in this game so if ever Rubin slips up the possibility of winning by a big margin goes higher if JD is playing.

Who knows, we might even advance to the next round.

Player in Training

Status
    I'm in Dublin on Thursday with the missus,anybody know if anyone has any plans for getting a load of us together in a 'Spurs' pub?..

Legend !

Status
    fook giving fringe players a game.

Give this game to youngsters, see how they do. I'm sure it would be great experience for the lads and Rovers might win. Let them prove why we should keep them and what we can expect for the future.

----------------Gomes-----------
    Fredericks--Bassong--Ekong--Rose
    Falque----Livermore--Carroll--Townsend
    -----------------Mason---------------
    ----------------Kane------------------

6. Who Thanked this post

MagnaThor (14-12-2011)

i love catnip

Status
    Why would Falque play on the right? Isn't he a CAM/ST?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanHotspur View Post
    fook giving fringe players a game.

Give this game to youngsters, see how they do. I'm sure it would be great experience for the lads and Rovers might win. Let them prove why we should keep them and what we can expect for the future.

----------------Gomes-----------
    Fredericks--Bassong--Ekong--Rose
    Falque----Livermore--Carroll--Townsend
    -----------------Mason---------------
    ----------------Kane------------------
    I'm all for giving youngsters a shot but those two are nowhere near being ready for this sort of competition. We're still in with a shout to qualify, albeit a very slim chance so I think Harry will put out a decent side, but cant see those two being involved.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by spursman18 View Post
    I'm all for giving youngsters a shot but those two are nowhere near being ready for this sort of competition. We're still in with a shout to qualify, albeit a very slim chance so I think Harry will put out a decent side, but cant see those two being involved.
    You are the youth guy so I concede. I guess I'd put Gio and Corluka in those two spots.

Still, my point remains. This game means next to nothing so why not put out a weak side?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanHotspur View Post
    You are the youth guy so I concede. I guess I'd put Gio and Corluka in those two spots.

Still, my point remains. This game means next to nothing so why not put out a weak side?
    We do have the slightest chance to progress if we get a bit of luck. Given the circumstances I wouldnt want to just throw away this game, but we certainly need to use the squad.

I think Falque deserves to start after his showing against PAOK, and Charlie needs the game over Fredericks. Any two of Pienaar/Gio/Townsend/Falque should start on the wings with JD and Pav/Kane up front.

Status
    I still maintain that we will figure out some way to fook this up and progress to the group stage.

Legend !

Status
    This is just the match I need to make me get over what happened on the weekend. Think this might be Gio's last match so I hope he leaves helping us get a win.

Legend !

Status
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I make the minimum results needed to qualify in the EL are:

PAOK 1 - 0 Rubin
    SR 0 - 5 Spurs

I'm not sure if I'm reading it right, but to me it reads like total for goals scored (not goal difference) count in the event of a tie on points, with away goal count being used in the event of a tie on goal aggregates.

Spurs have scored 5 for goals and no away goals (!!!) in Group A. Rubin have 10 for goals of which 3 were away goals.

Have I got this right?

Of course, if Rubin score anything against PAOK, it gets harder, although if I understood it correctly it doesn't matter how many SR score against Spurs, so long as Spurs win the match and score at least 5. That would mean we could take a lot of chances ...

Looks like at least a 20/1 shot, if not more.

Ok, I know I am still entertaining the notion of qualifying for the EL. Shoot me

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague...ngs/index.html
    Last edited by fuego; 13-12-2011 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Added Link

14. Who Thanked this post

MagnaThor (14-12-2011)

Legend !

Status
    We need to win 6 - 0 don't we?

Status
    If PAOK beat Rubin Kazan 3-0 and we win 3-0 we go through.....the goal difference just has to go in our favor with Rubin conceding a few. Only downfall is that PAOK are already through so they'll most likely play a weakened side.

Legend !

Status
    Yeah, I don't think we should take undue risks (playing Parker) but I think we should put out a side to really go for this. We can still technically do it so why wouldn't we?

GK: Cudicini

RB: Charlie
    CB: Bassong
    CB: Kaboul (suspended for the next EPL game anyway)
    LB: Rose (Townsend if Rose isn't fit)

RM: Gio
    CM: Carroll
    CM: Sandro (for 45 mins then Lennon at half-time with Pienaar coming to the middle)
    LM: Pienaar

CAM: Falque

ST: Defoe

**** Pav, he's been absolutely useless and doesn't deserve to play even in this game. I'd play Kane over him.

This will all be pointless though, there's no way PAOK and Kazan will do anything but play out a 0-0.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter