Register To Comment
Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
    Legend !

Status
    Really need to keep the overall good league form going. Should have held on at St. James. Now we travel to Ewood Park. Blackburn are a poor side, but this is traditionally a difficult fixture.

COYS!

First Team Player

Status
    We have to win this game!

... Not sure about the line-up but i'd go with:

Friedel
    Walker - Kaboul - Bassong - Ekotto
    Lennon - Sandro - Modric - Bale
    Defoe - Adebayor

Subs: Carlo - Livermore - Parker - Rose - Gio - VdV - Pavlyuchenko

Could imagine that we'll play 4-2-3-1 (with VdV & Parker instead of Defoe & Lennon)

Legend !

Status
    we need to play defoe.

Legend !

Status
    would love to see Ade grab 1 or 2 up there. So important we win this one. The scum have got Stoke then Chelski, we've got Blackburn & QPR so some hard work and points could start to put real daylight between us and them c*nts.

Quote Originally Posted by Spurs_1882 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Friedel
    Walker - Kaboul - Bassong - Ekotto
    Lennon - Sandro - Modric - Bale
    Defoe - Adebayor
    I like this. I might get lynched here but would there be an argument for a sandro - parker central pairing?
    maybe later on in the match if defending a lead.

5. Who Thanked this post

liam (21-10-2011)

Player in Training

Status
    We must win this. Not only to put more space between us and Arsenal - always good - but because it is this kind of match that we did not perform well in last season. The games against Wigan and Wolves were good to see that maybe we won't follow that same path. That is why we need to continue this unbeaten to really threaten the top 3.

First Team Player

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Yidington View Post
    would love to see Ade grab 1 or 2 up there. So important we win this one. The scum have got Stoke then Chelski, we've got Blackburn & QPR so some hard work and points could start to put real daylight between us and them c*nts.

I like this. I might get lynched here but would there be an argument for a sandro - parker central pairing?
    maybe later on in the match if defending a lead.
    I'd love to see parker & sandro together in CM. but that could only happen if we play 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3- (Modric - Sando - Parker in the middle).
    But I can't see us playing 4-3-3 as long as Harry is here. And I think for this game 4-4-2 is better than 4-2-3-1.

8. Who Thanked this post

Yidington (21-10-2011)

Legend !

Status
    With bassong playing I can definitely see samba getting a few headers against us.

Legend !

Status
    blackburn are dog sh*t so are formation should look something like this.. not like they could score anyway..(probably kinxed us there so apologise in advance)

----------friedel------------
    walker----kaboul----ekotto
    -------moddles--parker------
    lennon------vdv---------bale
    ---------defoe---ade--------

should get a couple goals out of that sucker.

really though hope its another good game. our last two prem games have been fantastic to watch.

real formation

---------------friedel--------------
    walker--bassong--kaboul--ekotto
    lennon----modric--parker----bale
    -------------vdv--ade-------------

think defoes game last night sorts out that front pairing being chosen. defoe after 60 mins. still annoying though defoe looks lively and should play.
    Last edited by Glenjamin; 21-10-2011 at 01:31 PM.

Legend !

Status
    TBH blacburn are one the few teams in the pl where we could probably get away with playing defoe, vdv and ade with one of them occupying the rw defensively. The only real threat to us is that junior Hoilett who i am a big fan of and he plays LM which causes us an issue with what i said above. I'd maybe play bale from the right and defoe from the left both cutting inside. Salgado is there for the taking and he wont get forward much at all so we can cope there for sure.

Walker---Kaboul--Bassong---Ekotto
    -----------Modric--Parker---------
    -Bale------------------------Defoe
    ---------------VDV---------------
    ---------------Ade----------------

That team will win 100% with the amount of chance we would create. Although it will be important for Parker to protect that cb pairing for sure. For me its still too soon for Lennon to come into the side and id save him for a Home match (QPR). Cant wait and we MUST take 3 points if we are to challenge this year!!

First Team Player

Status
    think defoes game last night sorts out that front pairing being chosen. defoe after 60 mins. still annoying though defoe looks lively and should play.[/QUOTE]

Defoe played against Shamrock on Thursday and started against the scum on Sunday. So it's possible that he'll start.

Player in Training

Status
    I don't think it would happen but would like to see

Friedel

Walker --- Kaboul --- Assou Ekotto

Livermore -- Parker

Lennon -- Modric -- Bale

Defoe -- Adebayor

SUBS.... Carlo, Gio, Pav, Andros, Rose, Sandro and Carroll..

I think Livermore deserve more match time, Hes doing really well recently and I'd put Carroll on the bench as he done really good in the europa league

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Spurs_1882 View Post
    think defoes game last night sorts out that front pairing being chosen. defoe after 60 mins. still annoying though defoe looks lively and should play.
    Defoe played against Shamrock on Thursday and started against the scum on Sunday. So it's possible that he'll start.[/QUOTE]

true but we had a right wing to occupy with lennon out so vdv got a game there.. spose lennon could still sit out and vdv could play there again. who knows!!

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLondoner View Post
    With bassong playing I can definitely see samba getting a few headers against us.
    One thing Bassong actually is good at is winning headers. He's horrible at positioning though and thinks wresting is allowed. (first thing that comes to mind is a penalty he gave away against Blackpool away wrestling with the opponent)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jdudley1501 View Post
    I don't think it would happen but would like to see

Friedel

Walker --- Kaboul --- Assou Ekotto

Livermore -- Parker

Lennon -- Modric -- Bale

Defoe -- Adebayor

SUBS.... Carlo, Gio, Pav, Andros, Rose, Sandro and Carroll..

I think Livermore deserve more match time, Hes doing really well recently and I'd put Carroll on the bench as he done really good in the europa league
    No VDV in your team?

Status
    I think we'll see JD dropped for this one and brought on as a 2nd half sub like the Newcastle game with VDV playing behind Adebayor and Lennon on the right wing.

Parker & Modric in the middle for me, Sandro can come on for one of them in the 2nd half.

18. Who Thanked this post

Luke0405 (23-10-2011)

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter