Register To Comment
Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast
    Legend !

Status
    Still a little ways off, but i'm sure we are all ready and anxious for the next one after beating the Scum.

Legend !

Status
    Very important game. Newcastle are on a high and Ba looks dangerous, this wont be easy.

Probably more worried about this than I was againt Arsenal. Hoping Bale can tear there right back apart

First Team Player

Status
    Newcastle are flying at the moment

A draw would be good for them but I think you should win this game

Even though Ba and best look a threat nothing King and Kaboul can't handle

3 POINTS

Legend !

Status
    Cant wait and seems an eternity away. Not sure if in our case the international break has/will help but boy we will have a game on our hands at st James's park. 4 in a row we've won now and its hard to believe that spurs can make it 5 with this fixture (based on previous spurs teams) but if we did then bloody hell what a great position we would be in having played the teams we have to that stage!!! Especially as the same weekend chelsea have a tough Everton team to overcome and the dippers have united!

We say this every week and game that passes but its a massive game lol and i feel we may have to change our tactics to overcome this one. Id bring Lennon onto the wing for his pace a turn to a 4-5-1. Their LB and RB can be got at for sure. This is also an ideal game for sandro but i really cant stand Modric on the right (but i think it will happen).

Early days for a predicted lineup but hey its summin to talk about i suppose and i'd like to see:

Walker==King==Kaboul==Ekotto
    Lennon==Parker==Modric==Bale
    ==========VDV==========
    ==========Ade===========

Am i right in saying Newcastle play a 4-4-2 always? They actually have a strong midfield but if they go 4-4-2 then i'd expect parker and Modric to handle them together.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by GTGio View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cant wait and seems an eternity away. Not sure if in our case the international break has/will help but boy we will have a game on our hands at st James's park. 4 in a row we've won now and its hard to believe that spurs can make it 5 with this fixture (based on previous spurs teams) but if we did then bloody hell what a great position we would be in having played the teams we have to that stage!!! Especially as the same weekend chelsea have a tough Everton team to overcome and the dippers have united!

We say this every week and game that passes but its a massive game lol and i feel we may have to change our tactics to overcome this one. Id bring Lennon onto the wing for his pace a turn to a 4-5-1. Their LB and RB can be got at for sure. This is also an ideal game for sandro but i really cant stand Modric on the right (but i think it will happen).

Early days for a predicted lineup but hey its summin to talk about i suppose and i'd like to see:

Walker==King==Kaboul==Ekotto
    Lennon==Parker==Modric==Bale
    ==========VDV==========
    ==========Ade===========

Am i right in saying Newcastle play a 4-4-2 always? They actually have a strong midfield but if they go 4-4-2 then i'd expect parker and Modric to handle them together.
    If Sandro is fit he 100% has to play for me, this game is made for him

Legend !

Status
    True, i agree with that. Im not familiar with newcastle's recent lineup in midfield but they dont really have any out and out wingers do they? Jonas tucks inside so i suppose modric on the right drifting inside would be ok with Sandro and Parker inside. Cant wait though and international break totally sucks for me right now!

Legend !

Status
    this is a big test for us if we can win here i certainly think it will send out a firm signal our run will go on for a little while longer. Never easy though as we always do ****e at st james. I think it would be nice to bring these lot back down to earth getting fed up of people thinking they're going to be CL.

First Team Player

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 05grottim View Post
    this is a big test for us if we can win here i certainly think it will send out a firm signal our run will go on for a little while longer. Never easy though as we always do ****e at st james. I think it would be nice to bring these lot back down to earth getting fed up of people thinking they're going to be CL.
    yep..we gonna bring them down to earth with a bang! the only tough game e.g top club they'e played are arsenal where they got a draw after going down 3 nil i think, the scum really blew it then; all there other games have been soft type if anything; so tottenham will certainly be a test for their credentials, i don't think they'll cope, we need a good 5-0 so make sure out goal diff is greater esp if the dippers get defeated at manure

Legend !

Status
    Friedel
    Corluka, King, Kaboul, BAE
    Lennon, Parker, Modric, Bale
    VDV
    Adebayor

Gotta be that lineup for me. Their midfield is the engine, so if we can neutralize that with Parker/Modric and emphasize wing play with Lennon and Bale, then I think we're golden. Also, playing 4-4-1-1 allows us to have a faux 3 man midfield when Rafa drops deep to get the ball, which means we have an extra body in there clogging up the midfield for Toon. I think King and Kaboul can handle Ba and I don't think they have the fullbacks to handle Bale or Azza. My main concern would be if we tried to play Rafa on the right again b/c I think that creates too much space for them to attack. I would be interested in seeing a Walker/Lennon pairing on the right but haven't been impressed by those in tandem yet so I'm thinking we go Corluka/Lennon just to be safe.

10. Who Thanked this post

spursfast (05-10-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by spursfast View Post
    yep..we gonna bring them down to earth with a bang! the only tough game e.g top club they'e played are arsenal where they got a draw after going down 3 nil i think, the scum really blew it then; all there other games have been soft type if anything; so tottenham will certainly be a test for their credentials, i don't think they'll cope, we need a good 5-0 so make sure out goal diff is greater esp if the dippers get defeated at manure
    not sure if you're getting confused about last season. This year arsenal drew nil nil with newcastle mate. I dont think we'll be winning 5 nil at st james either. They're not a bad side and st james' park is a tough place to go however we do have the quality to win this and ill be dissapointed if we dont.

Legend !

Status
    credit to pardew i really thought these would be in a dog fight with the players they've lost. Jonas and obertan look a threat out wide. Need parker and sandro to boss the midfield so between vdv and defoe who plays for me as can see modders on right in this 1. I'm keeping the faith 2-0 ade and bale scorers,

Legend !

Status
    For me the team should be
    Friedal
    Walker, Kaboul, King, BAE
    Sandro, Parker
    Modric, Van der Vaart, Bale
    Adebayor

A little harsh on defoe to drop him after having a good start to the season but for a tough away trip to geordieland, we need sandro back into the team. Always have defoe, lennon and gio/kranjcar/pienaar to bring on if we are needing more strength in attack.
    With sandro in the game, i dont think players like obertan can get in the game much as he covers so much ground for us. Will be definitely be fit? as i saw he pulled out of brazil squad

14. These users say thanks for this post

Eduardo (07-10-2011),Rivron (07-10-2011),Sraew (06-10-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by perstrame View Post
    If Sandro is fit he 100% has to play for me, this game is made for him
    agree

tiote vs sandro! gonna be a good watch.

Legend !

Status
    this game is screaming for a 1-1

we need to get a draw at least.

newcastle has ALWAYS been a very hard place for us.

no matter if we are flying and they are bottom of the table or whatever.

now both are flying so it will be a tough test.

but usually modric has very good games against newcastle.

Status
    Only way Sandro starts this game is if Modric moves to RW and Defoe is dropped for VDV to play in behind Adebayor.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter