Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Player in Training

Status
    Just a quick thank you to all at THFC and all the Spurs fans who made us welcome in London yesterday.

From the moment we arrived in Totteham on Thursaday morning to the moment we left after the game we were made to feel welcome.

It was a memorable occassion for our club and a great honour for us to play a great traditional football club like yourselves.

We gave it our best shot but for us to defeat Spurs, even with you fielding a weaker than normal side, would have been a miracle.

Taking the lead was in itself an acheivement as we had been fortunate to survive untill that stage.

It was clearly a bigger occassion for us than it was for you, hence the vocal support from our following as oppossed to the almost indifferent approach from the Spurs fans.

The defeat could have been heavier but I don't think we would have deserved a heavy beating.

Best of luck on Sunday and for the rest of the season.

2. These users say thanks for this post

donator'Nixspur (30-09-2011),AmericanHotspur (01-10-2011),Audere est Facere (30-09-2011),BigDub (30-09-2011),Bryce_Williams (30-09-2011),CincySpur (30-09-2011),ctw01 (30-09-2011),Fatboyyid (30-09-2011),donatorFightingCock (30-09-2011),Glenjamin (02-10-2011),gremo (30-09-2011),Hidden (01-10-2011),Hornsby_Hotspur (30-09-2011),donatorIconic Drei (30-09-2011),Javi (30-09-2011),liam (30-09-2011),Luke0405 (30-09-2011),nickGT (11-10-2011),ozric (30-09-2011),P UNIT 1980 (30-09-2011),PonchoTHFC (30-09-2011),rossdfc (30-09-2011),rudi (30-09-2011),SAspursfan (30-09-2011),shelf-side (30-09-2011),skipsrfc (01-10-2011),thfcire (30-09-2011),THFCWill (30-09-2011),weirddave (01-10-2011),XRated (01-10-2011),yid4eva (30-09-2011)

Legend !

Status
    It was a pleasure having you, your fans were fantastic all night.

4. These users say thanks for this post

dublinHoop (30-09-2011),TehLondoner (30-09-2011)

Legend !

Status
    you guys were amazing in support of your club... when i watch football games on the tv i always like listening to the fans and who are the loudest etc and usually Spurs fans are very loud, but you guys were very vocal and it was great to hear...

one thing baffled me when it was about 6 mins into the game when you guys started cheering 'your supposed to be at home' lol it was 6 mins into the game!

I hope you do well in Europa and earn some big €€€€'s from it as i heard that you are a supporters run club!

6. These users say thanks for this post

dublinHoop (30-09-2011),weirddave (01-10-2011)

Player in Training

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by edmonds44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you guys were amazing in support of your club... when i watch football games on the tv i always like listening to the fans and who are the loudest etc and usually Spurs fans are very loud, but you guys were very vocal and it was great to hear...

one thing baffled me when it was about 6 mins into the game when you guys started cheering 'your supposed to be at home' lol it was 6 mins into the game!

I hope you do well in Europa and earn some big €€€€'s from it as i heard that you are a supporters run club!
    Down to the whole occassion being so significant for us I guess.

The game here plays second fiddle to the hype that surrounds the game in England, Man United and Liverpool in particular so for us to be at a big English club playing with a great support with us , perhaps some people could only wait 6 minutes to try to make a point!!! That 'point' by the way, is more likely aimed in many ways at the barstooler type fans of the aforementioned clubs who were back home in Dublin watching on TV.

SRFC is a club run by the fans. The board are elected from the fanbase. Being in the EL in itself is a massive thing for any Irish club, though I dont see any of the others being near to making that step yet so getting the 1.3 million Euros for qualification is a huge sum for us.

Some people get a bit carried away, but given the nature of Irish domestic football and its place in Irish society its probably inevitable that a bit of gidyness creeps into how people view things...

By the way we had a stonewall peno turned down in the last seconds... denying us the chance of jumping around again!

Again thanks for everything and I think a fair few Hoops will be rooting for you lads on Sunday!

8. These users say thanks for this post

edmonds44 (30-09-2011),liam (30-09-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Felt bad with the 3-1 scoreline. I wanted you guys to get something from the game since you didn't look frightened, the fans were amazing and took the lead. ****ing Shamrock Rovers made me **** myself... Never thought I'd say that Away leg is going to be even more mental. Good luck and I hope you some how get through to the next stage

10. These users say thanks for this post

Bawnville Hoop (30-09-2011),dublinHoop (30-09-2011),Rovers-ULTRA (30-09-2011),skipsrfc (01-10-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Nice post mate and yes you should have got a penalty near the end.

Sounds a good club to be associated with pal. Good luck for the rest of the season.

12. Who Thanked this post

dublinHoop (30-09-2011)

First Team Player

Status
    dublinhoop...it is about 8:30am over here in my part of the states - i just called into the Sirius/XM football show to congratulate both your players, and especially your fans. absolutely fantastic support - i loved how your were singing "4-3 4-3 were gonna win 4-3".

14. Who Thanked this post

dublinHoop (30-09-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Class post. Incredible support you have for your club, who performed incredibly well on the road. Looking forward to the next one. Don't be a stranger.

16. Who Thanked this post

dublinHoop (30-09-2011)

Welcome back Contrast!

Status
    I'll be following Shamrock Rovers results from now on, great little community that follows your club. I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling that we've been able to adopt an Irish club!

Good luck for the remainder of your season as well mate.

18. Who Thanked this post

dublinHoop (30-09-2011)

Legend !

Status
    just out of curiosity is Ricketts a usual starter for you? they said in the commentary that he wasn't match fit yet, but your 6 games away from the end of your season aren't you (another commentary statistic)

but remember it was channel 5 commentating this game!

Player in Training

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by edmonds44 View Post
    just out of curiosity is Ricketts a usual starter for you? they said in the commentary that he wasn't match fit yet, but your 6 games away from the end of your season aren't you (another commentary statistic)

but remember it was channel 5 commentating this game!
    Just on the thread topic, you all made us feel very welcome, yesterday was a fantastic occasion.

Just on Ricketts, no he isn't match fit. He is a great playmaker but in some games he has played for us he goes in to hiding not making any attempt to tackle or track back. That may be fine for european football but in a league like ours where the objective is to 'stop rovers playing football by flooding the midfield', we have wingers like Dennehy (who started ahead of him) who can defend and attack.

The most ironic thing is that we can play the ball on the ground no problem and have confidence yet when we go straight back in to a league game the other team play a very low line and hoof which sucks us in to the same old bull**** play you see in the league of Ireland. (That doesn't mean the standard is bad, the style of play is)

Looking forward now to the game in Tallaght. I hope you get over 1,200 tickets or so. I would much rather see ST holders in the away end than a load of wannabe gloryhunting irish spurs 'fans' in the home end thinking they can compare to you all.
    Last edited by Bawnville Hoop; 30-09-2011 at 01:48 PM.

21. These users say thanks for this post

BigDub (30-09-2011),edmonds44 (30-09-2011)

Player in Training

Status
    Thanks for all those nice comments lads, very humble of you all.

WHL is one of the grounds I always wanted to visit. I'm delighted I got the chance to do so with Rovers..I'm not one for new stadiums built in new areas or on the edge of towns miles from fcuking anything, with some clubs its a neccesity but in many cases it seems to be down to money, identikit stadiums build near industrial estates miles from any community. A horrible footballing byproduct imo.

I had not been to London for sometime and enjoyed my brief visit, funnily enough whilst waiting on a train at WHL staion on Thursday morning a guy on the opposite side of the platform was a little dissappointed to find out we were heading to Covent Garden for a drink rather than drinking in the Tottenham area, he was genuinely upset by that...now theres a fine example of local pride!

Also had a few in the Twelve Pins where they showed the Celtic game, the Blackstock, which I understand are Arsenal boozers (?) and many also headed to the Irish centre near the ground.

Good quality kebab from a small retauarant near the stadium was also scoffed minutes before the match, so all in all a good day in London.

23. These users say thanks for this post

BigDub (30-09-2011),edmonds44 (30-09-2011),liam (30-09-2011)

Legend !

Status
    You're very welcome, I spoke to a few of your lads and they very nice enough to talk to. Your fans were in very good voice all through the match. I have to disagree with you though when you said we didn't deserve the 3-1 defeat..... I think you got off lucky in all honesty it could have easily been 4-1 5-1.

Either way hope you all had a safe trek back.

talking in the wind

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by contrast View Post
    I'll be following Shamrock Rovers results from now on, great little community that follows your club. I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling that we've been able to adopt an Irish club!

Good luck for the remainder of your season as well mate.
    fook off we dont want you lol

First Team Player

Status
    you guys were incredible all night, great vocal support. Found myself in a way hoping that you lot got something from the game, would've been a great occurrence, but even going ahead was a great thing for your club. congratulations.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter