Register To Comment
Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast
    Legend !

Status
    Absolutely must keep the momentum going and get three points from this one.

Use this thread for all pre-match, in-match, and post-match discussion

COYS!

2. Who Thanked this post

donatormuckser (21-09-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Quick stat- if we win this (and we should, Wigan are not as hard to break down as Stoke, as they attempt to play something like football) , that will be 9 points from 5 games. And that is 2 points above Liverpool's stats and 5 points above Arsenal's. So effectively if we win this then we'll already be leading the race for 4th if we hadn't had the Everton game called off and we may even lead it with a game in hand, depending how Liverpool fare vs. Wolves.

Add to that the fact that we have gotten the 2 hardest games out of the way, and that after Arsenal, it's
    Newcastle away (1)
    Blackburn away (3)
    QPR home (the much-awaited return of Adel Taraabt) (3)
    Fulham away (1)
    Villa home (3)
    WBA away (3)
    Bolton home (3)
    Stoke away (0)
    Sunderland home (3)
    Chelsea home (0)
    Norwich, Swansea away.(6)

And then it's January transfer window time.

So theoretically I see us getting... 9+26 which is 35 points by Jan. Could be anywhere from 28-40 depending on results IMO. That should leave us in and around 4th, possibly 4th leading or maybe 6th depending on other's form. That's pretty good.

But for that to happen, we must win games like this- even if it's away. The Wigans, Blackburns, Boltons, and West Broms have to be wins for us to achieve 4th.

4. These users say thanks for this post

Hidden (21-09-2011),IH8GOONS (21-09-2011),spursfast (21-09-2011),StPaulSpur (22-09-2011),THFCsaunders (21-09-2011)

Legend !

Status
    If we don't win this...ill keep supporting Spurs but still be pretty pissed off!

6. Who Thanked this post

SweSpurs (21-09-2011)

Status
    None of this 0-0 bull**** this time around please.

8. These users say thanks for this post

StPaulSpur (22-09-2011),THFCsaunders (21-09-2011)

Legend !

Status
    I wonder if there will be a partnership between Gallas and King for this match. It seems that the squad is getting back to full strength and that is great since we are running into a very vital run of games (@AmericanHotspur, thanks for pointing that out).

Legend !

Status
    Good news for us is that Rodallega is out for three months.

Legend !

Status
    That is good news. I certainly dont expect this to be scoreless. Would like to see the Ade/JD partnership maintained with VDV on the right. Niko might have to drop to the bench for this one, but would have no problem if he did play.

-----------Freidel-----------
    -Walker-King-Kaboul-BAE-
    -VDV--Parker-Modric--Bale-
    ------Adebayor--Defoe------

12. These users say thanks for this post

donatorFightingCock (21-09-2011),Yankee (21-09-2011)

Legend !

Status
    I must agree. I feel that these matches, even more than matches against the clubs "above" us, are the most important matches of this season. This is where we shot ourselves in the foot. We HAVE TO win against the Wigans of the world - home or away. No point in taking points from our two direct rivals if we throw it away against "lesser" clubs.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDub View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is good news. I certainly dont expect this to be scoreless. Would like to see the Ade/JD partnership maintained with VDV on the right. Niko might have to drop to the bench for this one, but would have no problem if he did play.

-----------Freidel-----------
    -Walker-King-Kaboul-BAE-
    -VDV--Parker-Modric--Bale-
    ------Adebayor--Defoe------
    Thats the line up I would start with to. I think we'll win this one and play some nice footy to. Having struggled in games like this last season I think the players will be alot more determined to get the win and now we have Ade instead of Crouch I think we can be safe in the knowledge that we have a targetman who can either score or bring others into the game with hold up play, this will make a massive difference over a whole season.

Player in Training

Status
    Been to Stoke the last 2 seasons and won 2-1. If we play anything like we did vs Liverpool Stoke will not be a problem. I plan for a hattrick of Stoke wins

Welcome back Contrast!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Oaks View Post
    Been to Stoke the last 2 seasons and won 2-1. If we play anything like we did vs Liverpool Stoke will not be a problem. I plan for a hattrick of Stoke wins
    We lost to Stoke last night . . .

17. Who Thanked this post

JacoZA (21-09-2011)

Legend !

Status
    We have an easy run of games now, which has been stated so fourth by January isn't a tough ask.

We should win this and put out a formation like.

Walker-Kaboul/Gallas-King-BAE

Kranjcar/VDV-Parker-Modric-Bale

Ade-Defoe

I would like to see Gallas start ahead of kaboul although his form has been pretty good. I would like to see Kranjcar start ahead of vdv as Kranjcar has been playing superbly, although Harry will probably play VDV out of habit. Want to see sandro subbed on for Parker during the game and see how he plays wih Modric.

3-0 Ade 2 Defoe 1

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by contrast View Post
    Tottenham Reserves versus Stoke....

20. These users say thanks for this post

donatorFightingCock (21-09-2011),spursfast (21-09-2011)

Player in Training

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by contrast View Post
    In a game we take 100% seriously

Legend !

Status
    Folks, you can count Niko out of this one. He isn't going to be fit (hamstring strain). He MIGHT be ready for the Shamrock Rovers game (29th Sept) or the North London derby (Oct 2nd).
    Last edited by BrumSpur; 21-09-2011 at 10:40 AM.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter