Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Player in Training

Status
    Hi all,

I am an American (so be easy on me) coming to London for a weekend and want to see the Spurs play on Saturday December 3rd vs Bolton. I need some advice/help from everyone as seeing the Spurs play live is on my bucket list. Sorry I have a lot of questions but I would appreciate any help I can get from any of you.

1. How hard are tickets to come by? I was planning on buying them from the site as soon as they were made available to non-members. Do I have a chance of getting them from the Tottenham website or will that be tough?

2. I am staying in the London city center. Is it easy to just take the train to the stadium?

3. What can I do for a good experience before the match actually starts? Any pre-game meets or pubs to go to? It’s my first time in England.

4. When should I get to the stadium? Match is at 3:00 I believe.

5. What section should I try and get tickets for some good seats? Nothing overly expensive please…
    Any other tips are appreciated. Thanks!

I'm ***y and I know it

Status
    1. Tickets may get to general sale, recently it depends on how well the team is doing (both teams actually). It will be much easier to get an international lilywhite membership and buy one when they go on sale to members. 2. London is quite easy to navigate. You have two tube stations, white hart lane & seven sisters then follow the crowd. 3. There are quite a few pubs near the ground, pop in and have a beer or seven. Also walk around the ground then try and see the players enter the ground. 4. If the game kicks off at 15:00 try and get there between 12:00 & 13:00 to get the full build up. 5. Park Lane (south stand) has the best atmosphere, failing that the east stand lower where it joins the south stand. Enjoy the game.

3. Who Thanked this post

ChicagoSpur (16-09-2011)

Player in Training

Status
    I sit east stand lower inline with the penalty spot. Has great banter with the Park Lane and together has the best atmosphere. If tubes are closed or not running a quick train from Liverpool Street to Northumberland Park works for me, then you just follow the crowd to either The Bill Nicholson pub or Bell & Hare. Depends if you wan't to watch the team warm up, if so any time from 2.15 to watch them. I normally leave the pub 20 mins before hand, enough time for a quick bet.

5. Who Thanked this post

ChicagoSpur (16-09-2011)

First Team Player

Status
    Best advice I got last year for a similar trip was "Don't eat the cheeseburgers!" Otherwise, everything written above is spot on. Enjoy and bring home a victory!!

7. Who Thanked this post

Fatboyyid (17-09-2011)

First Team Player

Status
    Hi,

i should be at this game as myself and mrs yid are in London from the 30th Nov for my birthday break - we are also taking in the PAOK game on wednesday (my birthday) and a trip on the euro-star for a day in Paris !

just had to get that in

Two Spurs games ina week at the Lane, will get an idea how a season ticket holder feels LOL

Will probably start a pre-match meet thread nearer the time

Be there or be a rectangular thingy

Respects

Player in Training

Status
    Also making my first trip to London,and WHL from Scotland,My son has become a bit of a Spurs nut.we are staying near Victoria Station.Is that a decent starting point in getting to the ground? another rather long shot question-is there any pubs that show SPL games,hoping to take in at least an hour of Celtic v Hearts before heading to the game,looking forward to visiting WHL,hope you can do the business against Wengers Fearty's and make it a successful trip for us tourists

Del

hey you guys

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by delbhoy67 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We are staying near Victoria Station.Is that a decent starting point in getting to the ground? another rather long shot question-is there any pubs that show SPL games,hoping to take in at least an hour of Celtic v Hearts before heading to the game,looking forward to visiting WHL...
    Hi Del. Victoria Station is ideal because it's part of the Victoria Underground line which is the only line that serves Seven Sisters station - your destination for getting to the stadium. If you have time, walk up the high street to the stadium. Nice little ritual, especially if it's the first time you're going. But if you want to get their quickly, take any bus with a number 9 on the end of it. These go straight up te high road towards WHL.Hope this helps. Enjoy the game!As for the SPL coverage, if it's on Sky Sports and there's no Premier League games on, there are pubs dotted around the high street which shold show it. But you'll need to show your match ticket for security reasons before they let you in.

11. Who Thanked this post

delbhoy67 (21-09-2011)

Player in Training

Status
    Thanks a lot Dave mate,Invaluable knowledge for us,we are looking forward to this,as said in my introduction post a chance to savour a different Derby Experience .Big one for Football Rituals myself so might just take that walk up the High Street.Time for a swift half in one of said boozers too lol

Cheers mate

13. Who Thanked this post

weirddave (21-09-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Getting on a flight to London tonight and will be at Sunday's match vs. Arsenal. Will be walking from Seven Sisters to WHL....any particular pubs you guys would recommend for spending the hours leading up to match time?

Legend !

Status
    Best thing to note : Never say the S word when talking about the beautiful game.

Player in Training

Status
    So I wound up getting section 43 row 17. what do you guys think? I am counting down the days...

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoSpur View Post
    Hi all,

I am an American (so be easy on me) coming to London for a weekend and want to see the Spurs play on Saturday December 3rd vs Bolton. I need some advice/help from everyone as seeing the Spurs play live is on my bucket list. Sorry I have a lot of questions but I would appreciate any help I can get from any of you.

1. How hard are tickets to come by? I was planning on buying them from the site as soon as they were made available to non-members. Do I have a chance of getting them from the Tottenham website or will that be tough?

2. I am staying in the London city center. Is it easy to just take the train to the stadium?

3. What can I do for a good experience before the match actually starts? Any pre-game meets or pubs to go to? It’s my first time in England.

5. What section should I try and get tickets for some good seats? Nothing overly expensive please…

My first suggestion would be to take me with you.

Welcome back Contrast!

Status
    Remember, it's FOOTBALL not Soccer.

Don't shout anything like "Lets go defense!" or "Yes baby!".

It's Gareth Bale, not Christian Bale.

First Team Player

Status
    Got my tickets today - Let us know when you are going to be there and we can meet up with the usual suspects and show you the Real Totenham

20. Who Thanked this post

ChicagoSpur (11-10-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoSpur View Post
    Hi all,

I am jealous. I was going to wait a couple years to post this myself, but you beat me to it. I think what you need to do upon your return is post several pictures of your trip so you can share with your fellow football-starved Americans. My wife and I are planning a similar trip in the not-near-enough-future. We have downloaded a train map and have figure out which area we think would be best to stay (with some help from a couple nice gents on this board) that will give us easy access to the airport, touristy spots and White Hart Lane. we're also considering taking day trip out of London to see someplace else. Not sure where, maybe Canterbury? We don't know. But it's fun to plan!

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter