Register To Comment
    Player in Training

Status
    Alright guys,

I'm from manutdtalk.com and I've been sent along to ask a few questions before the big game on Monday. Hope you're all looking forward to it, it's safe to say a game between these two teams is never lacking in entertainment so let's hope this is another scorcher .

Here's a link to the thread where a Spurs fan has asked United fans questions if you're interested A few questions from a Spurs fan!.

1. Your midfield is looking pretty thin with injuries at the moment, I was listening to Harry Redknapp on talksport last night and he said Jake Livermore was the only fully fit central midfield player he had available. How do you think it'll cope at OT come Monday?

2. If you haven't heard of Paul Pogba you certainly will over the next couple of years, but who is the up and coming starlet making his way through your academy that United fans should be looking out for?

3. As it's your first game of the Premier League so far and you're midfield's already looking hampered, do you think 'Arry will bring a more defensive approach or come out attacking? Line up thoughts?

4. What's been holding Harry 'Del Boy' Redknapp back this transfer season? It's been an unusually quiet one so far, who would you like to see join your club and why?

5. There's been speculation hanging around Modric like a bad smell all summer, but do you think it'll be a good idea to get rid of Modric for the right price? Redknapp has supposedly made the first noises about a possible life after Luka come September. If you do think it's the right idea, who'd you realistically prefer him to go to?

6. What are your top 6 predictions?

7. Do you think Harry will leave to become England manager after the next Euros?

8. Who is your favourite United player? (Both modern day and from the past)

9. Who's your favourite Spurs player? (Both modern day and from the past)

10. Scoreline predictions.
    Last edited by Rishard; 18-08-2011 at 12:22 PM.

First Team Player

Status
    1. Apparently, Modric, VDV aren't far off so should be ready for Monday. Not sure about the defensive side... Kaboul can play there worst case.

2. Harry Kane has been looking pretty handy (Striker)

3. Attacking - we don't know how to play defensive (apart from Milan away last season)

4. Think there's some tension between 'Arry and the chairman. Harry changes his mind a lot and the chairman handles most of the transfers - expect to see 3 signings this window.

5. No - Modders will stay. There's no-one available realistically to replace him with. In the same interview Harry will hint we might let him go and then claim to no nothing of any transfer dealings (chairmans job). I honestly dont think that we're reliant on money from Modric sale to go and buy the players we need.

6. Man C, Man Utd, Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool, Scum

7. Either England or one of HMP's

8. I like Giggsy, good to see he's not as straight laced as he tries to make out. From the past, Mark Hughes.

9. Modern day - Modders despite his rat-face. From the past, Teddy Sheringham.

10. 1-1 with spurs scoring at least one controversially chalked off goal and perhaps Nani throwing the ball into the net.

3. Who Thanked this post

RTID (19-08-2011)

Legend !

Status
    1. Hopefully are midfield wont be as thin come monday. for tonight against hearts though it is looking a bit ropey.

2. through the academy harry kane seems to score 2 or 3 evertime he steps on the park. also not through the academy but definetly an up and comer is the new lad Souleymane Coulibaly that we just bought. he is 16 and defo looks like he has what it takes for the prem.

3. if i were harry id be looking at attacking your weakened back line and peppering the shots at that de gea lad as he hasnt settled in yet at all.

line up will be something along these lines id say

corluka--dawson--kaboul--ekotto
    lennon--modric--kranjcar (not likely but if injuries persist)--bale
    --------------vdv------------------
    ---------Adebayor (possibly)/ defoe-------

doubt the kranjcar one but i would love to see it. our friendly when modric and kranjcar played together they looked very comfortable. would leave us open against your solid front line though.

4. selling off our 'deadwood' has really hampered us and the fact that anyone we are bidding on is apparently rejecting us. harry doesnt seem to no what he wants either. although i think he would have rossi babies if he would come to us.

5. cant see moddles leaving now unless chelsea start throwing crazy money around. if he did leave id prefer him to leave the country for spain or somewhere.

6. Man U, Chelsea, Tottenham, man City, Liverpool, scum

7. i reckon there is a very real possibility of him taking over england. and i dont really care. if we got someone of ancellotis caliber id be well happy.

8. i like rooney. full of effort and scores some screamers.. of old Roy keane

9. modern day - Assou ekotto. underated left back.. id rather have him than evra just for how fooking cool he is! of old. dunno maybe jimmy greaves.. its a funny old game. or ginola if someone from my generation.

10. 3-2 spurs.. gareth bale and aaron lennon are gonna rock old trafford

Last edited by Glenjamin; 18-08-2011 at 04:56 PM.

5. Who Thanked this post

RTID (19-08-2011)

Legend !

Status
    1. Your midfield is looking pretty thin with injuries at the moment, I was listening to Harry Redknapp on talksport last night and he said Jake Livermore was the only fully fit central midfield player he had available. How do you think it'll cope at OT come Monday?
    Our midfield is not thin in fact Jake Livermore is a very healthy lad, he eats very well, always vegetables are included. His physique is strong. If you are looking for a thin midfield maybe Carrick and Fletcher, basically it is a midfield of reeds

2. If you haven't heard of Paul Pogba you certainly will over the next couple of years, but who is the up and coming starlet making his way through your academy that United fans should be looking out for?
    David Button, be sure to look out for him, if your team does sign him you will surely have a weak defense

3. As it's your first game of the Premier League so far and you're midfield's already looking hampered, do you think 'Arry will bring a more defensive approach or come out attacking? Line up thoughts?
    We will of course attack. We usually do not have fear. And the mentality of your goalkeeper, who can trust it?

4. What's been holding Harry 'Del Boy' Redknapp back this transfer season? It's been an unusually quiet one so far, who would you like to see join your club and why?
    We are trying to sign but the wages are impossible. Soon we will have Adebayor which is nice but Rossi is best. His movement is magical and he is a good finish of the ball. Also Nilmar has good movement and skill, I enjoy him. Also it will probably not happen but Michel Bastos would be magical, his touch and delivery is very nice. the only thing he is very similar to Bale

5. There's been speculation hanging around Modric like a bad smell all summer, but do you think it'll be a good idea to get rid of Modric for the right price? Redknapp has supposedly made the first noises about a possible life after Luka come September. If you do think it's the right idea, who'd you realistically prefer him to go to?
    Redknapp is kinda a fool, to trust him with the transfer is to trust Smeagle with a friendship or Team Rocket with a Pikachu. Modric is one of the best midfielder with style and technique, I have say on this forum that only Silva and Iniesta have similar skill. I do not find him replaceable. if he goes I hope to the Sweden liga to Helsingborgs IF because it is my favourite club of sweden

1. City
    2. Tottenham
    3. United
    4. Everton
    5. Liverpool
    6. Chelsea

7. Do you think Harry will leave to become England manager after the next Euros?
    Maybe if he is not in the brig as the pirates say

George Best he really is magical

Gazza he is one of the best ever of English football. Maybe only Matt le Tissier is an improvement

3 - 0 Tottenham win

7. These users say thanks for this post

BigDub (18-08-2011),RTID (19-08-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rishard View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Alright guys,

I'm from manutdtalk.com and I've been sent along to ask a few questions before the big game on Monday. Hope you're all looking forward to it, it's safe to say a game between these two teams is never lacking in entertainment so let's hope this is another scorcher .

Here's a link to the thread where a Spurs fan has asked United fans questions if you're interested A few questions from a Spurs fan!.

Most of the midfield is fine, with Bale, Kranjcar, Lennon, VDV and (probably) Modric fit, but in DM we're weak atm. Huddlestone will probably play, having played tonight against Hearts. Against United we really could have done with Sandro breaking up play.

Kyle Walker, Harry Kane, Townsend and Livermore, and we've just bought Coulibaly who looks like he could be something special.

We're at our best playing attacking football, but obviously can't go all out at Old Trafford. I think we'll try to retain possession in midfield, build play and to hit you on the counterattack (with Bale and Lennon on the wings) when possible.

The reasons given are that we need to get rid of some deadwood and wage burdens (Keane, Bentley, Palacios, one of Crouch and Pavlyuchenko, Hutton, Bassong and possibly Jenas) before buying big, but we clearly need a top striker (Rossi, Llorente and/or Adebayor) so hopefully we'll make that happen before the window closes.

I don't think it's a good idea at all, and I think if he does stay he'll be professional and give his all in every match regardless of whether he's disappointed in staying. If we absolutely had to sell him, I'd much rather he go abroad than to Chelsea.

United
    City
    Chelsea
    Spurs
    Liverpool
    Arsenal

Depending on the mood of the FA, but if it's offered to him I think he'll take it.

Modern day - Scholes for his brilliant range of passing (forgetting his dubious tackling ability).

Past - Best

Modern day - Modrić

Past - Hoddle

United 2-3 Spurs (!)
    Maybe I'm wrong about the scoreline, but we have to break our bad run at OT at some point and now's a good a time as any, what with De Gea looking shaky and your backline looking significantly weakened at the moment.

9. Who Thanked this post

RTID (19-08-2011)

First Team Player

Status
    1- vdv often plays in front of the.midfield but if needed he could drop back, but livermore and kranjcar played that role quite well tonight, all be it against lesser opposition

2- Harry kane is certainly a top top prospect, looks quality. Andros townsend and livermore also look like great prospects. New signing coulibaly also looks like he could be great.

3- we really can't win when we go all out defensive against any team, let alone united, so i doubt it'll be too different to normal

4- its clear what holding him back... lack of money for wages to attract the top stars. Lack of champions league may also have been a stalling point

5- i dont feel that modric should leave at any cost this season certainly not to chelski

6- 1- united
    2- chelsea
    3- city
    4- spurs
    5- liverpool
    6- Arsenal

7- i think harry will take the job if offered, and also feel he WILL be offered it

8- modern- vidic
    Past- Cantona

9- modern- Dawson
    Past- rocky villa

10- united 1-2 tottenham
    Last edited by seantheyid; 18-08-2011 at 09:44 PM.

11. Who Thanked this post

RTID (19-08-2011)

First Team Player

Status
    1. Your midfield is looking pretty thin with injuries at the moment, I was listening to Harry Redknapp on talksport last night and he said Jake Livermore was the only fully fit central midfield player he had available. How do you think it'll cope at OT come Monday? Mind games he will start with Modders and Thudd although the way livermore performed tonight i would not be shocked if he kept his place

2. If you haven't heard of Paul Pogba you certainly will over the next couple of years, but who is the up and coming starlet making his way through your academy that United fans should be looking out for? This Coulibaly geezer is meant to be a bit mustard

3. As it's your first game of the Premier League so far and you're midfield's already looking hampered, do you think 'Arry will bring a more defensive approach or come out attacking? Line up thoughts? This Arry we will attack as standard batter you all over the park have a wrong decission go against us then capitulate....... its what we do!

4. What's been holding Harry 'Del Boy' Redknapp back this transfer season? It's been an unusually quiet one so far, who would you like to see join your club and why? Adebayor please or Llorente plus Rossi and Marin and id be buzzing. We need a target mn drasticlly plus cover for bale or lennon

5. There's been speculation hanging around Modric like a bad smell all summer, but do you think it'll be a good idea to get rid of Modric for the right price? Redknapp has supposedly made the first noises about a possible life after Luka come September. If you do think it's the right idea, who'd you realistically prefer him to go to? If he goes he goes abroad end of story you dont strenthen your rival title chalenges!

Utd
    Chelsea
    Spurs
    Chity
    Liverpool
    Scum

7. Do you think Harry will leave to become England manager after the next Euros? Yes

8. Who is your favourite United player? (Both modern day and from the past) Young(pissed we didnt move for him earlier), Cantona

9. Who's your favourite Spurs player? (Both modern day and from the past) Bale (the most exciting spurs player i've wittnesed in my life time), Lineker

10. Scoreline predictions. We will take the lead but probably lose 3-1 - Standard

13. Who Thanked this post

RTID (19-08-2011)

Legend !

Status

Both Vdv, hudd, and kranjcar played today so I think we will be okay. Have a feeling Modric will play also.

Our two strikers are meant to be highly rated. Harry Kane and that new fella we signed coulibaly. Townsend and Livermore played today and looked fairly good. A young young one heard tons about is Luongo.

We dont usually play too defensive, so i'd imagine we will come out attacking like usual.

Cant sell the deadwood like bentley, hutton, gio etc. Perfect window for me would be Adebayor, Rossi, diarra and then maybe a vdv type signing where we get a great player out of no where.

I dont want to lose Modric, he makes us tick and is just such a wondeful player and a pivital part of our midfield. But, if I had to see him go, i'd want it to be over seas. And I do not want to sell him to chelsea, at any cost.

United
    City
    Chelsea
    Spurs
    Liverpool
    Arsenal

If hes offered it, he will take it. But im starting to think the FA wont offer it to him with all the problems hes facing.

Modern day its probably rooney. Past- Cantona

9. Who's your favourite Spurs player?

(Both modern day and from the past) Bale now, gazza favorite all time.

With the backline you lot have out with injury, and us not being know as a "defensive team" Ill go for a 2-2 draw.....but thats optimistic.

15. Who Thanked this post

RTID (19-08-2011)

Legend !

Status

First of all, he was lying. Niko Kranjcar was fully fit and had a wonderful game vs. Hearts in CM. Huddlestone played as well. Plus, I think Modric will pull through and play vs. Man U. So don't get your hopes up, we are going to be playing full force.

I've heard of Pogba... anyways, there are a couple. Harry Kane, a very clever striker who is only 18, has been tearing it up, scoring tons and tons of goals. He should get some first-team action soon. We also have signed the top scorer at the U-17 world cup, Souleymane Coulibaly, from the Ivory Coast. He has been labelled the new Drogba, but he's more of the new Eto'o for me- soooo pacy, and such a good finisher as well. I think he'll be a top, top striker for us. Also, Massimo Luongo and Cristian Ceballos (the latter a Barcelona product) are two gifted midfielders coming up. I think both are going to get some first team action as well.
    Also, Jake Livermore, Andros Townsend, Kyle Walker, Danny Rose, and Steven Caulker are all around 20-21 and are starting to make their way into the first team.

If you come out defensive against a team like United, you kind of set yourself up for failure from the beginning. So I think we'll play pretty normally, pretty attacking. So don't expect us to play a very open game, but we won't park the bus either.

I wish you wouldn't call him that. It's not even him doing the transfers. Anyways, our problem is shifting the deadwood. O'Hara, Jenas, Keane, Crouch, Bassong, Hutton, Dos Santos, Bentley, Palacios. If we could get them to leave, that'd be good as we can get them off the wage bill and then have more room in our squad. And I would say that come August 31st we'll have made some signings.

Here's my dream window- Adebayor on loan, Diarra, Cahill/Samba/Tasci, and a versatile striker such as Ruiz or Zarate. I'm also hoping your former player Rossi's team loses in the CL so he will become available and we may be able to swoop.

Also, expect a surprise bargain deadline day deal from us.

It's not the right idea to let him go. He's our best player. Think of it this way- if he was on the market now, we couldn't get him. He makes this team tick, and to lose him would be devastating. Plus Levy has come out and said many times he would not be sold. It would break my heart to see him go this window.

United
    City
    Chelsea
    Spurs
    Liverpool
    Arsenal

Well they have to offer it to him for him to take it. If they do, he's gone. But I don't know if they will...

Past- Cantona, what an amazing player. Trying to get the Cosmos back into the scene as well now! Present- Vidic, as a CB myself I can say I look up to him. the best CB in the world right now IMO.

(Both modern day and from the past) Benoit Assou-Ekotto. Best LB in the Prem IMO. All time- Klinsmann (not old enough to remember Greavsie or Mackay)

Probably a draw- 1-1? Possibly higher scoring, with both of our keeping and defense issues.
    Last edited by AmericanHotspur; 19-08-2011 at 02:27 PM.

17. Who Thanked this post

RTID (19-08-2011)

First Team Player

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanHotspur View Post

Our squad depth is actually an advantage of ours(or a weakness, we need to sell!). This is certainly not a crisis but it would really help having Sandro motoring around and breaking your attacks.

O
    h!!! Paul Pogba! The kid you basically stole from Le Havre's youth academy yet faced no sanctions. That one! Am I right? Harry Kane and Souleymane Coulibaly, both strikers.

Attacking approach but we will be swiftly pushed back and then play on the counter like you lot do away from home in big games.

We definitely don't have to sell before we buy. We were looking to spend last summer and just made a hefty profit in our CL adventure but nevertheless it would help to sell players like Bentley, Jenas, and Gio Dos Santos. Levy drives the hardest bargain in the league, thats why we havent seen players in yet. Hopefully, we dont let it run too late and not sign anyone. I would love to see Llorente but that is not happening. Adebayor is a quality signing in his stead.

Nope, not a good idea. Unfortunately 40 million does not buy you "4 top players"(Redknapp) these days.

United
    City
    Chelsea
    Spurs
    Arsenal
    Liverpool

Very likely but there is also a chance he will be in prison.

Past- Tevez, top top professional he is. Present- De Gea, will be excellent for Spurs on Monday.

Modric. Ginola.

1-1, De Gea produces a wonderful assist to equalize after you lot go ahead through a spot kick.

However, if Webb is reffing, 3-2 United. After we go 2 up, Webb gets a call from the FA and incorrectly awards a pk despite an obvious touch on the ball from Gomes. Rooney steps up and Gomes saves but promptly drops the ball onto his foot causing it to gently roll across the goalline, 2-1. Own goal, 2-2. We then have a goal disallowed by the linesman from last year's game at Chelsea in stoppage time despite it clearly crossing the line after Pedro Mendes(back for a 1 game cameo) had lobbed De Gea. Finally, Mark "the Clatt" Clattenburg, the fourth official, walks out onto the pitch to have a discussion with Webb. After much debate Webb awards Nani a chance to throw the ball into our open net from the pk spot. He converts and Old Trafford is sent into euphoria. Another deserved win for those rascally red devils

dddddddddddddd

19. These users say thanks for this post

donatorModric, level 25 magician (22-08-2011),RTID (19-08-2011)

First Team Player

Status
    Harry likes the media to put all the attention on his worries, takes pressure off the team and on to the chairman. But we have Kranjcar, Van der Vaart and Huddlestone - no excuses, we'll be fine.

Not heard of him yet. Livermore, Townsend, Kane are names that always light up the academy headlines... hard to say if they'll come through at Spurs though. Tend to end up at Championship clubs unfortunately.

Definitely not all out attacking. Probably 4-5-1 with Van der Vaart playing off a striker like we did away in the Champions League last year. I wish we had on form strikers to play 4-4-2.

Levy, apparently... he likes to squeeze every penny, even if it unsettles the squad. Keeps the club in incredible profit, though. I'd like to see an Adebayour / Drogba like figure at the lane. Just a fcuking good recognisable striker that is strong and versitile. Watching the likes of Rooney and Aguero pains me at the moment.

He's on a 5 year contract, his price will only increase next year. Better to keep him. Probably like to see him at United if he goes, though... no offence, but we sold you Berba and Carrick for over-priced sums and they've turned out sh!t. He'd be benched at Chelski too though so good luck if he leaves.

1. United
    2. City
    3. Chelsea
    4. Spurs (heart not head)
    5. Ars*nal (heart not head)
    6. Liverpool (heart not head)

If he is offered the job he will take it.

I like Cleverly from what I've seen so far this season. Liked the whole '99 team, probably Ole Gunnar the best.

Assou-Ekotto at the moment just for consistency and speaking his mind. And Ledley King - I know he still plays, but in his prime I've honestly never seen a better defender (even ask Thierry Henry).

2-1 to United. De Gea and Gomes provide a calamity of errors to make it 1-1. Dodgy decision nicks you the win.

21. Who Thanked this post

RTID (19-08-2011)

Legend !

Status
    We'll be fine. Hudd will be fit, Modric has always been fit, Krancjar and some of the young guys for cover. Obviously thinner than we would like just because of Sandro, but we'll be okay.

Kane should be a superstar. Also, guys like Livermore and Townsend could make an impact this year, maybe even this game.

Attacking. Like has been said, we can't beat anybody if we sit back and defend. And with how shaky your defense is looking, we could grab one early and put you guys on the back foot right away, so I think Harry will go for that. As for the lineup, think it will be the usual with Hudd in for Sandro and Defoe up top after his performance against Hearts.

Low wages, not seeing eye to eye with Levy, pretty much guaranteed to leave so his targets aren't really given as much thought. As for who I want to see, Ade, Diarra for CM rotation, another top striker, and a CB. Eto'o and Albiol preferred but not likely, but I refuse to give up hope.

It's too late to let him go now, we couldn't find a replacement in time, if we could even replace him at all. If he stays in this country, I would like to see him go to City just because they can absolutely ruin a career. After what he did to us, that's what I want for him: failure. Still, I would prefer to go abroad, and I think a team like Milan might be in for him next summer when he is available, which he will most likely be, even if we somehow win the league.

1. United
    2. City
    3. Spurs
    4. Chelsea
    5. Arsenal
    6. Toss up between Everton and Liverpool

Yep. Almost guarantee it. Think he will leave after this season anyway though, even if it's not for England.

Modern- De Gea, he looks shaky so we can get some goals off him. But honestly, I have the utmost respect for Nemanja Vidic, the way he goes about his business, he just does it the right way.
    Past- Cantona was absolutely brilliant. Nothing I can say about him that hasn't been said before.

Modern- Bale just brings so much electricity to the game, and VDV is just absolutely incredible, depending on his fitness this year I think he could score 20.
    Past- Jurgen, especially now that he's the USMNT manger.

1-1 Draw, but it wouldn't surprise me to see it end up 2-1 to either side.

23. Who Thanked this post

RTID (19-08-2011)

Player in Training

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TottenhamOverArseholes View Post
    dddddddddddddd
    Paul Pogba was 'stolen' from Le Havre under the same circumstances that you got Coubilaly. Only difference being Le Havre didn't understand the transfer stipulations as United were found to have done no wrongdoing.

If you're not happy with one of our foreign imports, keep and eye out for Ravel Morrison. He's a bit of a nutcase and a genius rolled into one, considered the best talent to emerge since Scholes.

Legend !

Status

The midfield is a bit thin at the moment, but it looks like Huddlestone has returned, which is a good sign. Diarra also looks like he might be on his way in. When fully healthy I would expect a middle rotation of Huddlestone, Modric, Sandro, Diarra, and Jenas with Palacios off to Stoke. Midfield is still the strength of our squad. As far as monday is concerned I would be surprised if the pairing wasn't Huddlestone and Modric. But who knows, maybe Modric will get another knock in practice or something. Livermore wouldn't be ideal, but he played well against Hearts (i know....they're ****e...)

Livermore and Andros Townsend both looked good in the Europa League tie. Must admit that I am most excited about the kid we just signed from Siena, Souleymane Coulibaly. The lad scored 9 goals in 4 matches at the U17 world cup and looks as if he could absolutely be up to EPL standards. Harry Kane is another striker who I think has a bright future. In defense Steven Caulker is the name. A good year for him at Swansea and he could find himself in the first team mix as early as next season.

Harry usually sticks to his game plan as far as mentality is concerned. Personnel, though, will depend on health. My guess would be something along the following lines:

Friedel
    Corluka, Dawson, King, Assou-Ekotto
    Lennon, Huddlestone, Modric, Bale
    van der Vaart
    Defoe

There seems to be a disconnect between 'Appy 'Arry and Daniel Levy. They don't quite seem to be seeing eye to eye on strategies for bringing in players this window. That said, I have a feeling we will see Spurs make some moves as deadline day approaches. My guess would be Adebayor, Diarra, and Samba in (hopefully another striker as well...i'd love it to be Gyan) which would make for a very solid window IMO. We need a bit of help everywhere, most notably up top. Those signings that I mentioned would solidify our squad throughout the pitch and make a top 4 finish much more likely.

Money talks. I, like everyone else who supports Spurs, don't want to see him go. He is our best player and really gets our side going. That said, I have a feeling some bids are going to come in that we won't be able to refuse. I would imagine Chelsea will offer a player (Sturridge or Drogba, maybe Anelka) plus 30 mil or so....that might be tough to turn down. I'd obviously rather sell him abroad but if we had to sell him within the EPL it cannot be to Chelsea, has to be to United. United are in no way our competitors and I would much rather strengthen their side compared to Chelscums.

1. United 2. City 3. Chelsea 4. Arsenal 5. Spurs 6. Liverpool

My note on Liverpool: Just because you overpay for mediocre players doesn't mean they are going to be better than mediocre.

Yes, I'm afraid so. Hiddink, Moyes, and Ancelloti would top my list of replacements

Davd Beckham and Park Ji-Sung. Absolutely love the way Park plays the game and the energy he brings every minute he is on the pitch. If he were a bit younger i'd want him included in any deal for Modric.

Gazza and Ledley King

We are seriously due for a result against you lot. That said, it never happens. Yet, if there is ever a time where United drop points it is at the beginning of the season. I'll go for 2-2. Rooney and Young for you, Defoe and van der Vaart for us.

26. Who Thanked this post

RTID (19-08-2011)

Legend !

Status
    1.) Well I was hoping Lass Diarra would be completed on Friday so that he could play at OT but that obviously hasn’t come to fruition. Modric should be back on Monday night, and Huddlestone came on against Hearts so I’m sure he’ll start alongside Modric in the middle. Bale on the left, Lennon on the right, with Livermore & Krancjar on the bench.
    2.) There’s a few lads that I expect big things from, Jake Livermore & Andros Townsend played against Hearts and I’m sure they’ll be kept at WHL this season and be around the first team squad. Steven Caulker (on loan at Swansea) is going to be an excellent CB, and Harry Kane, a striker will hopefully be pushing on in the next couple of seasons as well.
    3.) Well ‘Arry’s come out today and said we’ll go for it, and tbh I believe him. We never usually go to any grounds in the PL with a defensive mentality (Though we probably should on occasion). Corluka may come in for Walker at RB as he’s more defensive, but that will be about it.
    4.) No idea TBH, wages and squad places seem to be the main 2 stumbling blocks. I can understand wages being an issue for top foreign exports, but players like Gary Cahill or Chris Samba? It’s been a very frustrating pre-season transfer wise so far, though if we can bring in Diarra, Adebayor and a CB (Cahill or Samba) then I’ll be content.
    5.) We shouldn’t sell, end of discussion. I can understand Levy being tempted if Chelsea offered something silly like 50M but he has to stay strong and resist. If he sells now after the comments he made at the start of the summer then we’ll never be taken seriously again when a top club wants one of our better players and we try to resist.
    6.) On current squads; Man United, Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham.
    7.) I do, and I believe that’s holding us back this summer. Why would Levy want to sanction big money transfers for a manager who’s more than likely off in 9 months time and who Harry’s predecessor may not fancy?
    8.) Not too mant of your guys that I’m keen on at the moment =P Will say Park Ji-Sung, hugely underated player. All time? Teddy, my favourite player ever.
    9.) King Ledley & Teddy Sheringham.
    10.) 3-1 United (Rooney X 2, Nani & Defoe)

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter