Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    First Team Player

Status
    I am planning to trip to WHL in 2012 with my family, but I have two daughters (ages 11 and 13), and I am faced with either trying to get seats in the family section, or other areas which are more colorful. I REALLY want to sit in the areas where I get the true experience but not if it is too over the top for the rest of my family. I am not a prude, but I am not interested in explaining the meaning of various terms to explain the human anatomy in the course of a game. If it is not bad, then I have nothing to fear.

What do you think?

Legend !

Status
    I have been to a few games and found that the east stand is the best atmosphere and whole experience. You say you want the true experience and to get this the east stand is the best way imo.

3. Who Thanked this post

NewEnglandSpur (05-07-2011)

I'm ***y and I know it

Status
    As long as you avoid south upper and lower on the blocks nearest the west stand and the east stand where it meets the south you will be fine.

Also if you attend games like Swansea, villa etc there is less to worry about in comparison to Le arse, manure, Chavs, dippers and the UAE city.

5. These users say thanks for this post

boo (04-07-2011),LillywhiteDrummer (06-07-2011),NewEnglandSpur (05-07-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NewEnglandSpur View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am planning to trip to WHL in 2012 with my family, but I have two daughters (ages 11 and 13), and I am faced with either trying to get seats in the family section, or other areas which are more colorful. I REALLY want to sit in the areas where I get the true experience but not if it is too over the top for the rest of my family. I am not a prude, but I am not interested in explaining the meaning of various terms to explain the human anatomy in the course of a game. If it is not bad, then I have nothing to fear.

What do you think?
    depends what you're willing to tolerate mate. I dont think you'd go a game in the park lane or shelf side without hearing words like c*nt, f*ck, wan*er etc. It might be better in a lesser game but the risk is with that is we start losing and then the language will start to get colourful.

7. Who Thanked this post

boo (04-07-2011)

boo

Status
    @Fatboyyid looking forward to standing next to you at the lane one day mate... one day

9. Who Thanked this post

Fatboyyid (04-07-2011)

First Team Player

Status
    My dad took me to Spurs Arsenal on a monday night in 2000 (I was 9) and at half time I asked him to explain what a paedophile was to me. To this day he still finds it funny. You could call it "bad parenting" (I wouldn't as I loved it), but it's only a matter of time before young people find these words anyway - usually first year of secondary school!

THTV Donator

Status
    If you want to avoid the commoners, West Stand upper - pricey - but least you don't need to explain the human anatomy.

Never been to the North stand but that's where the family section sits.

Status
    You will hear swearing everywhere , but it is a very safe stadium wherever you sit .

talking in the wind

Status
    go to the west stand,you wont hear a fooking sound in there apart6 from plums talking about cricket ffs lol

First Team Player

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 05grottim View Post
    depends what you're willing to tolerate mate. I dont think you'd go a game in the park lane or shelf side without hearing words like c*nt, f*ck, wan*er etc. It might be better in a lesser game but the risk is with that is we start losing and then the language will start to get colourful.
    How about in the East stands?

Believe it or not, I'm actually ok with the last two example you gave. The difference is that I get the sense that the c word is used more freely in the UK. In the States, it is like the nuclear bomb of curses... Tough one for teen girls, you know...

Legend !

Status
    Yes the East is the best for atmosphere but you will still be hearing swear words. Happens in every section of the ground.

Legend !

Status

Believe it or not, I'm actually ok with the last two example you gave. The difference is that I get the sense that the c word is used more freely in the UK. In the States, it is like the nuclear bomb of curses... Tough one for teen girls, you know...
    It's still the nuke here, it's the most offensive swear word we have left and it's slowly being overused into being common place.

I went to the North Stand when I was about twelve and I didn't catch any colourful language really... not that I hadn't heard anyway.

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by corroded View Post
    It's still the nuke here, it's the most offensive swear word we have left and it's slowly being overused into being common place.

I went to the North Stand when I was about twelve and I didn't catch any colourful language really... not that I hadn't heard anyway.
    hmm im not sure it's considered as bad over here as they consider it in America. I think some people would say to a mate you're a daft c*nt or something like that and we wouldnt really bat an eyelid- in america i get the feeling this wouldnt happen. In the park lane end you would hear it and also some of the shelf side i reckon as well unless you're lucky.

noone is getting my pot of gold you *******s

Status

LOL, bring them to the game all will be OK, and they will see English people are not really sophisticated suit wearing, bowler hat wearing butlers but we're HOOLIGAAAAAAAAAAAAANS.

Legend !

Status
    If you sit in the family stand (Paxton), you will still hear swearing, but not get the atmosphere. I don't think you will avoid swearing anywhere tbh so IMO you should try to get on the Shelf Upper. You get quite a few quieter people sitting there but a lot of louder ones too, which creates probably the kind of mix that would suit you. Avoid Park Lane Lower - as we all stand there anyway and your kids' view will be obstructed.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter