Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    i know things i do

Status
    Total breakdown in relationship as of this week. No longer on speaking terms. Diarra is the straw that broke the camels back unfortunately.

Redknapp on borrowed time.

For the doubters:

Cole - Almost Done
    Leandro's contract extension - done
    Samba - Still in the papers
    Bongani - Done
    Bentley sidelined in training - confirmed by players.

I should imagine that all our signings will be Levys until his new man is in place. Until then loaners and those Levy think are woth the money.

Sorry

Mabbsy xx

2. Who Thanked this post

Messi (31-08-2011)

Legend !

Status
    If Harry is on borrowed time, why would Levy sign Joe Cole, whom Levy hates, which is why we haven't signed him yet most likely, and whose dick Harry is constantly on, which is why we've been linked with him in the first place? That's what I thought.

4. These users say thanks for this post

IH8GOONS (26-08-2011),Messi (31-08-2011)

Status
    Not the first time a breakdown has been mentioned between Harry and Levy, and it doesnt surprise me that its happening again.

First Team Player

Status
    Have to agree with Bryce, surely Cole is a harry signing so that would make no sense or are we just getting everyone in on loan this year???

Status
    This is what happens when you don't have all the facts, people fill in the holes with rumor. How could you prove there isn't board room/management unrest? You literally can say this about every club and have a chance of being right. It seems like to me people are disappointed with this window and are looking for answers, feuds are a ***y topic.

At the core of this ITK is the assumption that recent policy is directly linked to boardroom/manager unrest. People see us signing Adebayor on loan (with an option to buy) as not being ambitious enough. If that's how you feel ask yourself this, realistically who could Spurs have signed with more experience and a better PL/CL goal scoring record? Don't forget to factor in other negatives like no CL and our wage structure. I have nothing but praise for Levy, he signed a striker who on his day is world class, is being paid 175k per/wk, got his parent club to subsidize a large portion of his wages, not to mention a parent club that plays in the same league as Spurs. It can't be understated what a good piece of business that is and people are treating this like a consolidation prize. Like I've said before I wouldn't be shocked to see Spurs go right back into the market and fill other holes, possibly another striker. I hope a ST/RW, the Adebayor deal gives us flexibility to make a couple bids.

Back to 'Arry v Levy, even though today I participated in speculating who our new manager is, nothing besides rumor has ever suggested a rift between them. I just figure he's gone once England come calling, I don't think he has much to worry about with the tax case, he might have to come out of pocket.

Also I find it hard to believe Levy would effectively sabotage the team over a difference in policy. At the end of the day he benefits from fielding a competitive squad and why would 'Arry be so stubborn when his job is on the line.
    Last edited by BlueCrew LA; 26-08-2011 at 04:54 AM.

8. These users say thanks for this post

Dtrain23 (26-08-2011),Fatboyyid (26-08-2011),IH8GOONS (26-08-2011),S.L.R (27-08-2011),tdw76 (26-08-2011)

Player in Training

Status
    Well said @BlueCrew LA.

Player in Training

Status
    This is old news really but agree with the any new signings will probably be loan deals for sure. I said earlier in the summer that I believed the reason for the lack of signings was the fact that Mr levy didnt want to be spending millions on players that any new manager, post redknapp, might not fancy. Weve been there before and even now we still have deadwood from the Ramos Era that were trying to shift, Dos Santos and Bentley spring straight to mind, amongst others. I mean how much have those 2 flops alone cost us?

Its no secret that Arry fancies the England job as his swansong, what Englishman wouldnt? Problem for Arry though is he needs a good season to stay in the reckoning - we all remember Hodgson been touted as the next manager and look what happened there...One bad season and his chances are all but over! One thing no-one can say about Redknapp is that hes daft - so he knows he needs another great season (I mean great aswell, not just 6th and a cup run) and the only way thats gonna happen is with quality signings. All that is, of course, assuming that Redknapp doesnt get banged up mid season - which if hes found guilty there is little doubt he will be doing porridge. So from the clubs point of view its catch 22 and is no doubt creating tension between the 2 sides!

This is Tottenham, as we know, we should expect the unexpected. Anything could happen between now and the end of transfer deadline! I reckon if the right players becomes available for Levy then we will sign them, I think Levy is now dictating who we will buy (I appreciate hes always vetoed or accepted the transfers but I actually think hes using THFC as a fantasy football team) and I believe it will stay that way until Redknapp goes! If we bag another player of the ilk of VDV then ive no problems with that!

One final point, the only way I can see Redknapp not staying the whole season is 'IF' he gets banged up! I cannot see the board sacking him unless something extreme happens and were bottom 4 come xmas and thats unlikely!

First Team Player

Status
    Agree with @BlueCrew LA

I think that Redknapp past dealing have just given Levy pause for thought on certain signings that Redknapp may want. He is a wheeler dealer, and whilst we praise many of his great signings, there are those that have been money simply wasted - Macro Boogers anyone?

If I was giving someone my money to invest in the stock market i would at least ask a few people and do some research myself about the potential investments that were suggested. I wouldn't just blindly hand over money and say 'brilliant, sounds great' , on the advice of one person. This is all Levy is doing. He is well aware how Redknapp spent at Bournemouth, West Ham and Portsmouth - where has always said "not my fault - I'm not in charge of money - the chairman let me spend it". Levy doesn't want to be the next person Redknapp is talking about in this regard...

... and I for one am glad of that.

First Team Player

Status
    What is the deal with you and putting kisses at the end of your posts, is it just the fact that your a lover not a fighter and wanting to spread the love?!

Legend !

Status
    Total breakdown in relationship as of this week. No longer on speaking terms. All his bull**** is the straw that broke the camels back unfortunately.

Mabbsy on borrowed time.

14. These users say thanks for this post

BlueCrew LA (26-08-2011),rudi (26-08-2011),S.L.R (27-08-2011),tdw76 (26-08-2011)

jaws music hee hee

Status
    @Yidington - what, no kisses?

16. Who Thanked this post

Yidington (26-08-2011)

these are small those cows are far away

Status
    As has been said before the rumoured breakdown between 'Arry and Levy is just that. Thing is, I keep going back to 'Arry's reported interest in Parker and Cole. Levy isn't dumb enough not to realise neither Parker nor Cole have much in the way of resale value. The club has to be run as a business - not as some little sweetshop for 'Arry. If 'Arry was ever put in charge of this club or indeed its transfer policy we would end up doing another Leeds. Thank God Levy, for all his faults, is absolutely in charge.

Legend !

Status
    I honestly believe this is the case. I really think that levy will not spend anymore money on harry. He knows this is his final year and he knows that any new manager that isn't a clone of harry redknapp, won't want Joe Cole rotting on his bench taking up 90k in wages. Just take a look at our deadwood, how many did harry sign? Most. Say what you want, out of the 4 players ramos signed 2 were strong holds in our squad up until this season. Gio wasn't given a chance bentley was a total let down. I can honestly see where levy is coming from and don't blame him. And I wouldn't be surprised if there is a bit of a rift between the two, harry has been doing a bit too much speaking out of turn and undermining of levy.

19. Who Thanked this post

Reserrved (26-08-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tdw76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @Yidington - what, no kisses?
    my apologies,

many thanks

xxxxxxx

xoxo

21. These users say thanks for this post

BlueCrew LA (26-08-2011),tdw76 (26-08-2011)

Legend !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sundance Yid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I honestly believe this is the case. I really think that levy will not spend anymore money on harry. He knows this is his final year and he knows that any new manager that isn't a clone of harry redknapp, won't want Joe Cole rotting on his bench taking up 90k in wages. Just take a look at our deadwood, how many did harry sign? Most. Say what you want, out of the 4 players ramos signed 2 were strong holds in our squad up until this season. Gio wasn't given a chance bentley was a total let down. I can honestly see where levy is coming from and don't blame him. And I wouldn't be surprised if there is a bit of a rift between the two, harry has been doing a bit too much speaking out of turn and undermining of levy.
    i agree. just look at the modric situation. levy comes out once and says luka will not be sold only for harry to keep giving chelsea a bit of hope of buy him with the 1000 interviews he has done.

Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is in no way authorised by or connected with Tottenham Hotspur [insert appropriate acronym] or the official club website. Tottenhamhotspurs.tv is solely an unofficial supporters club website and has no connection with Tottenham Hotspur in ANY capacity. The views and opinions expressed within this site are those of the specified authors. Externally linked content is the property of the relevant copyright holder.
tottenham facebook tottenham twitter